Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926819 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6825 on: May 16, 2016, 11:24:41 pm »

Myst in VR.

Specifically, I want to be able to pick up and manipulate linking books, I want to have lots of tactile puzzles, I want to really play with the lore of Myst in a VR setting.
Cool idea, but Myst games descended in quality from the first one and I have a hard time thinking it's possible.

victoria 3 may be a link between EU4 and Hoi 4.

Then, you could start a game in Crusader Kings 3, and bring it all the way to the end of Hoi 4.

Is that good enough?

(Buying all 4 of those games would probably cost 250 anyways :) )
CK2 starts, at the earliest, with Charlemagne. He is not the beginning of history. And you can't get anywhere but Europe, North Africa, and western Asia until the 15th century. Personally, I want to play China in Spring and Autumn, or Mesopotamia in the days of Sargon. Or even just give us a peloponnesian game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: May 17, 2016, 05:00:52 am »

All of a sudden I want to play a post-apocalyptic trucking sim.
You play a ruthless truck-driving mercenary driving a battle-scarred, salvaged rig which you can upgrade with armour, bulldozer ploughs, machinegun nests, caterpillar treads and of course refrigeration over the course of the game. Missions might see you delivering weapons to various factions vying for control of the wasteland, transporting viable/non-irradiated soil from far-off places to settlements in need of it, or even safekeeping an entire (small) colony/group of survivors in the back of your truck, possibly as they are pursued by some vengeful enemy across an especially hostile landscape.

And of course sometimes just running for your life or transporting more mundane goods like crops, medicine and supplies.
I think it would be badass. And no, this wasn't inspired by that awful movie at all, I only just now remembered that it involved a rig. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: May 17, 2016, 05:54:22 am »

I got to know the YouTube series "Trucking Tuesday" a short while ago. According to them, every trucking simulation is postapocalyptic, in a way. :P
Taste my Paci-Fist

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: May 17, 2016, 10:09:48 am »

I got to know the YouTube series "Trucking Tuesday" a short while ago. According to them, every trucking simulation is postapocalyptic, in a way. :P
Why so?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: May 17, 2016, 12:29:01 pm »

Why so?
As a guess, not nearly enough traffic on the road in those simulators. No pedestrians in most cases.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: May 17, 2016, 01:24:07 pm »

They're almost all chock-full of absolutely ridiculous bugs.
Taste my Paci-Fist

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: May 17, 2016, 01:29:19 pm »

They're all incredibly shrunken compared to the location they take place in in the real world.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: May 17, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »

The trucks have ridiculously small cupholders. They could barely hold a MegaGulp.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: May 17, 2016, 02:13:34 pm »

The trucks have ridiculously small cupholders. They could barely hold a MegaGulp.
This is sadly realistic :c

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: May 17, 2016, 10:07:11 pm »

I want Soulsborne games in more time periods, despite the lack of sense it might make and only because I want something more to play after I finish exhausting the main trilogy ;-;
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: May 17, 2016, 10:11:21 pm »

Caveborn. Play as a caveman and do battle against horrific pre-historic monsters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: May 17, 2016, 10:14:25 pm »

Generic High Fantasy Souls?
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: May 17, 2016, 10:19:23 pm »

Generic High Fantasy Souls?
Doesn't Generic High Fantasy usually lack the doom-and-gloom-and-darkness-and-death feel that seems to be what Soulsborne is made out of?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: May 17, 2016, 10:28:59 pm »

You can have a doom-and-gloom-and-darkness-and-death feel and still have playable orcs / elves / halflings / generic high fantasy races, you know. Haven't you ever read The Lord of the Rings? :P
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: May 17, 2016, 10:37:17 pm »

Dark Soul's tone is dead-on generic for fantasy.  Like literally, take those storyless "go to the tomb and kill 5 ghouls" sidequests that every fantasy RPG has, and that's Dark Souls.  That's the plot, that's the setting, that's the characters, that's the gameplay, that's the entire game.

If anything, Dark Souls (and Dragon's Dogma) are to western fantasy what Pacific Rim is to Japanese Kaiju films.  Which is to say: about the same, but unusual in that it was made in a different place.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 577