Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929611 times)

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7095 on: August 30, 2016, 09:20:59 pm »

Super hot SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT. I'm sorry. I really like saying super hot.
EDIT: Well, with the procedural Civ game, I'd like to add some things. One game mode will start when the black box/ship VDR(Voyage Data Recorder) is invented. What good would come from that? Dogfights, mini-Jutland naval battles and submarine sorties would ALL be recorded, just like a DF combat log, except with missiles and torpedos and 8 mm guns and everything else.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:30:44 pm by HMetal2001 »
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: August 30, 2016, 10:01:56 pm »

Superhot plus Receiver in VR?!?! ;)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: August 30, 2016, 10:06:56 pm »

Now if I can actually get a decent PC and a VR system. From what I've seen and read about Super Hot and Receiver, respectively, that would be AWESOME. Pistols and rifles please.

EDIT(Yet again): Also, a WipEout game [insert reverb effect] in space. Like different tracks in say, Ganymede, Mars, Europa, Sedna, Titan, Luna (our Moon), and nearly every other rocky body in the Solar System. With Katmoda 12 and Firestar making special appearances. Collision physics would be like Pure, Pulse and HD, with airbrake sideshifts but no barrel rolls. We could use either absorption of pick-ups or a pit lane. And photo mode.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 10:16:10 pm by HMetal2001 »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: August 31, 2016, 04:07:48 am »

Not really one specific game, but wish there were more games where you can play as a student of something, like magic or fighting. Particularly in a big college/school environment.

Like, I wish that the College of Winterhold in Skyrim had more then ONE GORRAMN QUEST where you actually learn stuff instead of going off to fight more evil.

Overall it feels like there are no mentors in RPG games and that progression is just too damn "instant expert" for me. I want more games where you actually SEE your character learning shit, instead of abstracting it into "get XPs get better"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: August 31, 2016, 04:22:35 am »

Sim Earth did half of that.
The culture part?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:14 am »

A Roman fort management game. Dealing with natives, patrol duties, grain shipment, supplies, weapons, recruits.... in the stile of Dwarf Fortress.

Hell, you could have a sprawling town/city around your fortress and eventually is about managing a city/region. Something like Caesar II. What a great game. I would love they made a remake of it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: August 31, 2016, 07:16:16 am »

Inspired by BFEL's idea, I want a game where you take the role of a teacher.  Not necessarily magic, I was thinking more along the lines of Professor X teaching the next generation of mutants.  Your achievements lie in your ability judge the character of your students, identify what they need the most help with, use effective psychology and teaching methods to determine their strengths, weaknesses, character flaws and how best to smooth those over. 

You can have an overarching game world where the evil threatening to destroy the planet can only be stopped if you truly dug deep and managed to nurture the potential of your students, who depending on your teachings become the greatest of heroes, sad failures, or unstable lunatics.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: August 31, 2016, 10:09:12 am »

Thought you guys might like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/gameideas/
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: August 31, 2016, 10:23:28 am »

No we don't! Why would you think that?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not to be an asshole but lot of stupid ideas, like the yet another zombie survival game but this time if you die and want to play again you have to buy another copy of the game... and wait for it, there would be only 5000 copies of it in the world. Oh and its 100% real time, even when you log out so you can be killed while you and your character are sleep.

Or phrases like "turn based RTS".... oh and the plays on this game would last for days

I guess most of those ideas are from prepubescents that don't know how to kill time and seem to think everyone have 24/7 hours to play, and that humans don't need sleep.

Still, somehow I can still see EA doing all that crap.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:39:52 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7104 on: August 31, 2016, 10:36:47 am »

Inspired by BFEL's idea, I want a game where you take the role of a teacher.  Not necessarily magic, I was thinking more along the lines of Professor X teaching the next generation of mutants.  Your achievements lie in your ability judge the character of your students, identify what they need the most help with, use effective psychology and teaching methods to determine their strengths, weaknesses, character flaws and how best to smooth those over. 

You can have an overarching game world where the evil threatening to destroy the planet can only be stopped if you truly dug deep and managed to nurture the potential of your students, who depending on your teachings become the greatest of heroes, sad failures, or unstable lunatics.
So pretty much the Battle School from Ender's Game. I'd play a "Battle School" game.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: September 01, 2016, 12:38:44 pm »

I wonder what would rise to the top if we crossposted every idea here.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:06:49 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: September 02, 2016, 03:50:48 am »

I'd like to see an FTL style personnel management game, but set in a castle.  You have no control over the affairs of the realm and you're not the ruler, you're just a medieval chief of staff (I think that's called a chamberlain?).  You lead guards, servants, and various staff members around to make sure that visitors end up happy, no assassins sneak into the castle, and of course that you continue to remain in the favor of the current ruler.  The members of the court serve as regular characters with an opinion of you,which can have good or bad consequences if it grows extreme enough (with more important characters having more dire consequences).  Anyone (including the ruler) can die or lose their position.  Your goal is to keep that from happening to yourself for as long as possible.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: September 02, 2016, 04:13:00 am »

Attack on War Rocket Ajax:

DYAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIVE!!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: September 03, 2016, 01:26:44 am »

I've always been a fan of the concept of fire, purification, cleansing, all that stuff on guilt-free extermination targets, like zombies, insectoid hordes, eldritch abominations and their spawn, etc.  I want a roguelike where you play as a paladin or maybe even a generic knight and your job is to cleanse the land of monsters.

Said monsters aren't the usual bunch of trolls and kobolds and goblins, but more along the lines of "hateful beings that have been breeding and killing beneath the Earth since the dawn of time and who have now emerged to wreak havoc and despair" and on the overworld map you can see how much of the known civilised world is being overrun.  Your job is to gather as many warriors as possible to your banner and order, and basically Crusade the crap out of these under dwellers and their ilk.

Of course, you run into various sub-species of creatures, some of whom just want to be left alone, some that have managed to co-exist with humans, inject moral ambiguity into it.  Then you get the choice of being paragon of understanding and virtue or Knight Templar who enjoys his job way too much.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: September 03, 2016, 01:31:19 am »

And then if you don't kill the friendly ones at the end IT WAS ALL A RUSE and they eat the world.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 577