Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926875 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7230 on: October 10, 2016, 06:37:40 pm »

A fighting game with clan/dojo management, like out of one of those martial arts movies or manga where the -insert name- Clan martial arts has been passed down through the generations and have political power of sorts and great wealth.
You have to build the clan from scratch while making your own martial arts style. This is like the create a combo style from God Hand and the Kenka Bancho series, and all your disciples will mimic this based on their skill level. The new disciples can only use the first level, which is the stance, block, basic attacks (punches or kicks, whatever) and the lvl-1 combo which can only be built in 3 segments. Mid level fighters get all that, can perform reversals and can perform 2 more moves/combos. Masters of your style can basically mimic your player character. You can assign the masters to train black belts who then assist with training new belt-class fighters. These mid fighters can go out to challenge other dojos for territory, prestige or money (I mean, you'd hardly risk your masters or newbie disciples!). The best part is while you wander around the clan hold/castle/fort/mansion/dojo, you'll see your masters arrange and train their classes and they will all bow to you as you pass (except your master classes, who simply nod as they earned that right by being masters) and you can get a strong feeling of growth.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: October 10, 2016, 09:24:27 pm »

I had similar idea that was kinda like Pokemon Go for libraries. You go to a physical real-world location to pick up a related book, like going to the beach to pick up Moby Dick or a local theater to pick up a Shakespeare play, and what books are available changes so there's incentive to visit these places again.

I never considered working on it because the idea seemed kinda dumb, but maybe there's some appeal in it. :-\

They actually implemented something like this in Europe. Maybe Belgium?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: October 12, 2016, 10:56:30 am »

When I was playing a Roguelike called "dead cold" (sort of an alpha from the GearHead guy that got abandoned), I imagined it would be cool to have a Roguelike with a weapon upgrade/assembly system, where you can take an object like a gun, remove a component from it and replace it with a different one. But not just like, add +2 to damage or some crap, more like, you have a basic chassis (for "rifle" for example) and put stuff in it and get completely different weapons. Some parts need other compatible part (can't use a lens barrel for a ballistic weapon, it needs to go into a beam weapon) but you can decide what caliber, addons, etc.

I guess the cool part was that you worked on a diagram of the weapon, with slots, and it was all ASCII and stuff.
Could say the Fallout 4 system was similar to what I was thinking, but that's way more hard-coded to specific weapon models.

TBeholder

• Bay Watcher
  • the shade of something you remembered to forget
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: October 14, 2016, 02:30:52 am »

The new disciples can only use the first level, which is the stance, block, basic attacks (punches or kicks, whatever) and the lvl-1 combo which can only be built in 3 segments. Mid level fighters get all that, can perform reversals and can perform 2 more moves/combos. Masters of your style can basically mimic your player character.
Model like this (with greater mastery, a character may pick abilities from the higher-order list of a style) or this (with greater mastery, more of the graph is available)?

I imagined it would be cool to have a Roguelike with a weapon upgrade/assembly system, where you can take an object like a gun, remove a component from it and replace it with a different one. But not just like, add +2 to damage or some crap, more like, you have a basic chassis (for "rifle" for example) and put stuff in it and get completely different weapons. Some parts need other compatible part (can't use a lens barrel for a ballistic weapon, it needs to go into a beam weapon) but you can decide what caliber, addons, etc.
Freedroid RPG could be modded into something like this, if given more slot types as such and limits for pre-set and possible slots on items, and/or item subtypes (as it is, some upgrades can be put into melee or ranged weapon, or armor part, adding a string would allow to refine filtering).
And it's Diablo-like already, so kind of close.
Nafferton said: “See me chase that boy till he drops!” I said: “You can’t get your knife into an Assistant Commissioner.” Nafferton told me that I did not understand the administration of the Province.
- "Pig"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: October 14, 2016, 02:47:44 am »

A turn based war strategy game revolving around a war between heaven and hell, with Earth caught in the middle.  The forces of heaven have Archangels, lower order angels, various heavenly prophets who can recruit believers, and such.  The advantage of heaven's forces would be in their mobility; angels especially would be able to strike hard and strike fast, crossing dimensions and continents in surgical precise blitzes.

The forces of hell would be asymmetrically different.  Where heaven's special units, the angels, are based around individual power and quality, the demons of hell are dissimilar in that they are equally powerful, but are more based around corrupting the landscape and mortals around them.  Whereas angels would hit and run hard enough to level nations, demons can alter the very laws of nature around them, twisting everything until the land serves as a bastion and spawning ground for further hellish entities.  Camping a location, for a demon, is a smart strategy.  Hell would also have a greater assortment of very low tier monsters and oddities, although the logistics of transporting them across oceans would limit their spread, as they can only come from the Mouth of Hell or be spawned in corrupted-enough locations.

Humans, the third playable faction, are fucked in the early game.  Capable of battling only the weakest soldiers of heaven and hell, your forces, while very numerous, are helpless against orbital bombardments from angels and having both body and soul defiled by higher order demons.  The goal would be survival.  Obviously, one strategy would be to just flat out side with one of the other two factions: Side with heaven, and you provide the celestial hosts with recruits and the chance to spawn God-touched heroes, new prophets, and holy warriors in numbers that hell cannot hope to match.  Side with hell, and the infernal regiments would be able to send greater demons, even Archdemons to Earth through hosts, as well as provide fresh numbers to hell's overall army.

Staying neutral as humanity is also an option.  From there you'd have some interesting options.  One would be to somehow survive long enough to develop weapons capable of hurting both sides, which are mutually exclusive, but if successful, allow you to take out the heaviest hitters of both sides with your fully upgraded military forces.  Victory through specific anti-angel and anti-demon ordinance and equipment adaptations, all this is possible and feasible given humanity's large numbers, spread of forces and lack of important individual targets when compared to heaven and hell.

Other options ( probably DLC ) would include siding with Eldritch Lovecraftian gods, taking steps to ensure humanity evolves into physically, mentally, spiritually superior ubermensches capable of actually taking on angels and demons in every arena, seeking aid from extraterrestrial aliens, etc.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: October 14, 2016, 09:28:32 am »

The new disciples can only use the first level, which is the stance, block, basic attacks (punches or kicks, whatever) and the lvl-1 combo which can only be built in 3 segments. Mid level fighters get all that, can perform reversals and can perform 2 more moves/combos. Masters of your style can basically mimic your player character.
Model like this (with greater mastery, a character may pick abilities from the higher-order list of a style) or this (with greater mastery, more of the graph is available)?

I'm not quite sure what the links were to, but I think I get what you're hinting at.....hmmm.....maybe a bit of both? I mean, you can't select high level kicks to put into your style's basic lvl 1 combo, and higher belt ranks unlock more moves to put into the combos. Every 2 belt classes (there's a good tier of belts to get through) you unlock another combo 'slot', which allows more skills to be chained and more advanced moves to be put into the combo.

*Edit, I just realized I need to explain the disciples program. So, you have a chance to get a random number of randomly generated disciples a day. They're randomized by gender and face. Maybe race, but I imagine this setting in a fantasy wuxia-style so they're all kinda generic asian. Each disciple has a randomly picked background and one unique passive trait. As they go up in belts, if they make it to the mid level belts they unlock a second trait. Masters get three, and your player character gets 4. You can take personal interest in one and have them become your personal disciple. You have to do this in the beginning to generate your first masters, who then in turn train other disciples up into more masters. This takes AGES so it is best to take an interest occasionally. You can hire out your black belts to clear out bandits occasionally and other tasks to generate money for the clan. Lesser disciples can be rented for part time work at local businesses around your dojo. This is the most common way to make money, as you'll have to pay for food, clan uniforms, and other things for your disciples as they are all live-in types. Which brings us to the clan dojo. This literally starts as your tiny farm house with a barn, which is the first dojo. As you make money you can make upgrades until you have a Enter the Dragon style fortress filled with disciples and masters.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:46:36 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: October 14, 2016, 11:56:26 am »

I would like an X-Com (or oldcom) clone, except Earth is being invaded by supernatural threats, vampires, Cthulhu, minotaurs, whatever. So instead of incendiary or sci-fi weapons you research garlic or silver stuff, learn witchcraft and so on. Definitely in modern times, and the *COM is a government agency with marines and machineguns and all that junk.

I've wanted something like that too. I actually have a boardgame with that basic theme in mind. Maybe someday it'll rise to the top of my list and I'll make it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: October 14, 2016, 12:51:24 pm »

I want a game that has space combat on par with Battlestar galactica (the remake). With lots of control over large ships and good fighter combat. Nukes hitting hard. No shields, only point defence, etc.
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: October 14, 2016, 01:37:41 pm »

A mexican standoff game.  Its in a top down perspective, with two groups of cowboys standing off.  It starts with just a small group of cowboys talking to each other and both sides continue revealing hidden cowboys.  Each has a line indicating where they'll shoot if things go hot.  This continues until either side either gives in to the other's demands or someone fires a shot, in which case everyone involved takes their initial shot and then a shootout begins among the survivors.

You have to get to the end of the map FTL style so you don't actually want to get in shootouts unless you have a serious advantage.  Really you just want to threaten the other guys into submission.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: October 15, 2016, 12:13:40 am »

I would like an X-Com (or oldcom) clone, except Earth is being invaded by supernatural threats, vampires, Cthulhu, minotaurs, whatever. So instead of incendiary or sci-fi weapons you research garlic or silver stuff, learn witchcraft and so on. Definitely in modern times, and the *COM is a government agency with marines and machineguns and all that junk.

I've wanted something like that too. I actually have a boardgame with that basic theme in mind. Maybe someday it'll rise to the top of my list and I'll make it.

There was an adventure game that was sort of like, Men in Black but about vampires, witches and stuff, called Bureau 13. But it was a point & click adventure, and AFAIK none of the characters were soldiers.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: October 15, 2016, 01:21:43 am »

It also kinda sucked if I remember correctly. It's been years since I tried to play it though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: October 21, 2016, 05:37:14 pm »

A good first person guerrilla warfare game.  Play as a Vietcong fighter without actually being in that time period and setting, really.  Make it against aliens or Nazis, something timeless.  Just you, maybe a small squad of AI troops with very basic equipment up against a numerically superior and much better armed invading force.  Stealth should be realistic, enemies will search every shadow, every corner, every bolt hole ( which you can take advantage of by laying traps yourself ), stuff like that.

Sniping would be a major asset, if you can get your hands on even a crappy hunting rifle.  Injuries should be realistic, with ARMA-like bleeding.  Melee combat should be as deadly for you as it would be for your AI enemies, and be either extremely prolonged ( if you had say just your bare hands ) or really quick ( knife to the gut or throat, dead ).  Jury rig weapons and explosives out of civilian equipment, deal with hunger, exhaustion and illness, make it as brutal as possible. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #7242 on: October 22, 2016, 09:26:55 am »

A space strategy game with speed of light delays.

Basically, a game where you do not have perfect information across the map. Everything you know is based on how long it takes light to get to you. No magic FTL comms that give you the immediate status of everywhere you have units.

If a star is six light years from your capital, you see what was there six years ago. If you send a light-speed colony fleet to it, you learn what happens when it arrives twelve years after it departs. Of course, twelve years in the future, said colony may be completely destroyed, but you won't learn about that until year eighteen.

If your forward systems are 200 light years away, there might be an entire war that starts without you, and quite possibly ended with you. If that far-off system starts to revolt, you'll have to send a fleet in that may arrive to find the system has already declared independence, or the revolt was suppressed, or anything. But meanwhile, you can see what had happened over the years, it'd just be too late to do anything about it.

A sneak attack is undetectable, because the enemy fleet will arrive at the same time you see it. But conversely, no one can exploit a momentary hole in their opponent's defenses, because you can't possibly react in time.

I'm picturing that you are some kind of immortal emperor, so you could move yourself closer to the front lines if there's a war. But while you're gone, the capital has to fend for itself.

If you've upgraded your technology, it won't be available to your far-off planets until the technology gets there from the planet that discovered it. Depending on the logistic system, perhaps that shiny new fleet you send off can't be repaired by a lower-tech planet, anyway. A really cruel logistic system would have different, incompatible requirements based on technology, and you'd have to either allow technological drift, or require that all technologies be personally approved before they may be used. C.f. the Kzinti empire, early in the Ringworld universe.

You'd have to have sophisticated AI governors and admirals, to make reasonable decisions without you. It would be a great premise for a programming game.

You could also do this with a jump-point based game, it's just that messengers have to actually get back to you.
Check out my books at O and H Books

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: October 22, 2016, 11:01:12 am »

More games focused on scavenging/looting and base-building.

Such as 7 Days to Die.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: October 22, 2016, 11:38:04 am »

More games focused on scavenging/looting and base-building.

Such as 7 Days to Die.

Please no more of these
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 577