Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407955 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r8 (current)
« Reply #300 on: November 09, 2011, 05:58:25 pm »

I was referring to the embark points, not the skill assignments for each dwarf, and you typically have a lot more than 255 embark points.

Apparently I got embark points confused with something else which relates to skill points for each dorf upon embark.

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2011, 05:38:10 am »

i want to report a bug.

i had the 'reveal map' on to reveal all layers of the land, and i used the 'die' command to suddenly end the program, and now i cant unreveal the map at all, even when i reveal then unreveal it its stuck like this for my fortress

is there a way to get around this?

tmrt

• Bay Watcher
  • Black-Clad Voyeur
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2011, 07:44:47 am »

i want to report a bug.

i had the 'reveal map' on to reveal all layers of the land, and i used the 'die' command to suddenly end the program, and now i cant unreveal the map at all, even when i reveal then unreveal it its stuck like this for my fortress

is there a way to get around this?

Position your in-game cursor within your fortress and use "revflood" command.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »

First off, thanks for the wonderful tool, and extra thanks for keeping on with the development! I've found the recent addition of fastdwarf particularily useful, as it makes playable some of my more FPS burdened forts. Would it be possible to make a scaled mode for fastdwarf, such that instead of being just a toggle between speed 0 on and speed 0 off, it moniters the current FPS and assigns a speed value based off of this? For example, at 100 FPS, dwarves are speed 900. If it dropped to 10 FPS, speeddwarf would turn on speed 90?

Even better would be doing the above to all creatures, not just dwarves. Of course, it may need a new name at that point.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2011, 04:05:56 pm »

How do you make tiletypes do anything? I'm trying to turn a down staircase into plain floor but it keeps asking me to 'set the paint first'. 'paint ?' doesn't do anything, and while I can get the option lists up I can't do anything with them. I've tried 'set paint', 'paint FLOOR', 'paint [combination]', 'set paint [combination]' and the cursor is pointing at the correct tile.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2011, 04:44:26 pm »

How do you make tiletypes do anything? I'm trying to turn a down staircase into plain floor but it keeps asking me to 'set the paint first'. 'paint ?' doesn't do anything, and while I can get the option lists up I can't do anything with them. I've tried 'set paint', 'paint FLOOR', 'paint [combination]', 'set paint [combination]' and the cursor is pointing at the correct tile.
It's probably the single one dfhack tool that would benefit from having a GUI the most.

Basically, you have three sets of tile properties: what's extracted from the original tile, a filter and a mask. The tool takes the existing properties, checks if they match the filter and then applies the mask.

So: 'paint shape FLOOR' will set the shape of the mask to FLOOR and make the tool change any kind of tile into the equivalent floor tile, if there is such a tile. You can as well do this with filters and the range brush. For example, use 'filter shape STAIR_DOWN', 'paint shape FLOOR' and then you can use the range brush to turn all stairs in a range into floors.

Would it be possible to make a scaled mode for fastdwarf, such that instead of being just a toggle between speed 0 on and speed 0 off, it moniters the current FPS and assigns a speed value based off of this?
Yes, although this would be a bit more complex... and there's the potential for a feedback loop in that. Making creatures faster makes them think more and lowers your FPS, lowering FPS makes the tool speed up creatures, etc. I'd have to work out the math so that kind of stuff couldn't happen.
For example, at 100 FPS, dwarves are speed 900. If it dropped to 10 FPS, speeddwarf would turn on speed 90?
Here's the thing: it doesn't tweak some kind of speed value. It lowers the time it takes to finish the current creature action to 0. Different actions take different amount of time, so again, this would have to remember that it set the time for that particular action and that particular creature and decide when to set the time again. That's much more complex and requires the ability to determine the identity of an action.
Even better would be doing the above to all creatures, not just dwarves. Of course, it may need a new name at that point.
I agree that this would be awesome. I just don't see it happening for a while. I added this to my TODO list though ;)

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2011, 06:13:56 pm »

Cool, and thanks for looking at that. I thought Fastdwarf was using a method similar to adding 'Speed 0' to your dwarves. A possibly much easier, yet still potentially awesome method would be, rather than monitoring FPS and auto-throttling, to have a user input string on the command line and just let the user set a speed they're comfortable with.
Thanks again for the awesome tools!

Crandal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2011, 08:46:42 pm »

The Vdig function of this is pretty cool.  Is there a way to make it work on layer stone though?  I'd love to have my dwarves mine away at the layer stone and avoid stuff like Microcline unless I actually want it.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2011, 10:00:32 am »

Want to report a bug in "tiletypes":
It's not possible to created empty air with it. If I try to do so (therefore converting a stone wall into air) all works fine but the point that it doesn't look in game like a normal air tile but a black spot. When comparing it with "probe", I found out that I created a tile of type 0(empty space) instead of 32(free air).
I know that dfhack is capable of creating air since i can created Ramp_Tops with "tiletypes" and then convert them with "deramp" into air, so I report it as a (minor) bug.

One thing I'd like to request would be a combination of the "probe" and "tiletypes" tool for an easier tile duplication.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #309 on: November 24, 2011, 10:42:28 am »

I'd say that's a bug, because all of the "undefined" tile types are marked as shape EMPTY, material AIR, and variant VAR_1, and so is "empty space" - all of those other tiles should be changed to a new material "void" or "invalid" so they don't get used accidentally.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Hypotheses

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRAIGHT_FACE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 25, 2011, 07:44:29 pm »

Food coma greetings!  Thank peterix a spoonful of turkey-flavored gratitude for this awesome tool set.  I've used older versions with success, though had to quit when the anti-virus kept bugging me about it.  (I know there's no problem with dfhack, just got tired of the warnings)  So, I upgraded a couple days ago and can't. figure. it. out.  Perhaps I'm going cross eyed from so much text, but I can't open the console, in any form.  What should I be looking for here, and what buttons cause the magic?

Your brownies can be my skin graft.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2011, 11:00:44 pm »

The console should open automatically when you start Dwarf Fortress, assuming you installed DFHack correctly.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

Hypotheses

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRAIGHT_FACE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 26, 2011, 03:17:10 pm »

Mmk, I *think* I installed it right.  copied the new sdl.dll into the main df folder and now when I run df, I get an error msg: 'Can't load SDLreal.dll'
Care to point out what I missed?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #313 on: November 26, 2011, 03:39:44 pm »

Yes - you forgot to extract SDLreal.dll.

You need to extract the entire archive into the DF main folder, which will overwrite SDL.dll and place SDLreal.dll right next to it (and create the "hack" subfolder which contains memory.xml and the plugins folder).

Hypotheses

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRAIGHT_FACE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2011, 04:16:34 pm »

aha!  I copied the plugin folder into my DF main, not the hacks folder.  Thanks!  ... Can't believe it was so simple :-[
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 373