Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1405025 times)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r9b
« Reply #465 on: February 11, 2012, 02:52:18 am »

Aww yeah, baby. 

Finally figured out why cmake was screeching unintelligible warble-garble errors at me.  Now all is right with the world. 
where is up?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #466 on: February 11, 2012, 08:44:07 pm »

I have a queston for the tiletypes function. I have this spot that I want use as my storage place but the problem is that there are rock materials there preventing me from using piles function. How would I go about erasing the rocks and material I dung up there so I can but piles there?
If you don't want to cheat, dump the rocks on a pile elsewhere. If you do want to cheat, just use autodump (mark items for dumping, put cursor over a tile, autodump).
edit: I also want to put some copper ores around.
Nope. Not possible. Not with the current plugins.
When I type spot clean into the DF Hack I get a message "Could not invoke spotclean: unsuitable UI state".

I'm assuming that in DF game i have the incorrect curser over the area i want to be cleaned. I have tryed "k" look around and "v" view.
So the question is how to I indicate the tile to be cleaned for DFHack?
'k' should work.
Alternatively if someone is aware of a crashing issue for "clean map" that can be fixed.
Hmm? Oh.

Do this: go into your DF folder and delete the 'hack' folder. Then reinstall the current version of DFHack. You probably have old, incompatible plugins in there...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 11, 2012, 11:00:20 pm »

I absolutely love the workflow tools.  Changes everything.  Only issue is that the readme doesn't have much info on exactly how to use it.  Had some issues getting job item-material to work, the purpose of <item-idx> wasn't readily apparent.  An example or two would be very nice.

EDIT: Also, for my wish-list, I want a flood tool that designates.  Specifically, I'm mining marble for my fort and building it into blocks to apply to construction.  vdig is amazing, but ignores layer stone.  I'd like a tool where you put the cursor somewhere, and type "flood-dig MARBLE" and it spreads a flood out, and any MARBLE it touches is then marked to be dug out.  Of course this could apply to any material, so any layer stone could be excavated away and hoarded.  Building material and flux stocking are very valid uses for this.

DOUBLE-EDIT: How do I set up a workflow to dye thread?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:48:13 pm by Girlinhat »

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 12, 2012, 01:17:31 am »

DOUBLE-EDIT: How do I set up a workflow to dye thread?

You can't. Decorations aren't tracked by it in any way. You can make it keep a stash of cloth, thread and dye, set workshop orders to use only dyed cloth, and add a repeat dye job (it'll protect it from disappearing for free). Then enable the dye job when you see it announce that it resumes making cloth.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 12, 2012, 02:08:27 am »

Yet clearly the trick of "is it dyed or not" is tracked somewhere, because workshop orders allow you to distinguish "use dyed cloth only".  Perhaps a memory-light way would be to check for thread with any decorations, not specifically dyes.  Thread will only ever naturally be decorated via dye, any other decorations would have to be modded in.  So, instead of checking, "Does this have red, blue, black, silver, or green dye?" it could instead check "Does this have anything?"  That's ultimately the only thing I found missing, otherwise a streamlined textile production would be very easy and powerful.

Although I must say, using the job item-material tool and repeating job orders is fun.  Can specifically order to keep honey-coated goat liver with ale in stock, by setting a kitchen's order to change the materials requested, and then setting a workflow to keep meals stocked.  It also makes very high-value food production easier, just order a kitchen to use dwarven syrup, rock nut leaves, and whatever else you need to balance value vs. stack size to make valuable meals and boost dwarven morale or conduct hilariously lucrative trade.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 12, 2012, 03:02:32 am »

Yet clearly the trick of "is it dyed or not" is tracked somewhere, because workshop orders allow you to distinguish "use dyed cloth only".  Perhaps a memory-light way would be to check for thread with any decorations, not specifically dyes.  Thread will only ever naturally be decorated via dye, any other decorations would have to be modded in.  So, instead of checking, "Does this have red, blue, black, silver, or green dye?" it could instead check "Does this have anything?"  That's ultimately the only thing I found missing, otherwise a streamlined textile production would be very easy and powerful.

I mean that decorations don't fit in the constraint model of workflow, because instead of destroying a set of items, and creating some items of a different type like ordinary manufacturing jobs do, they modify existing items - and this is mostly just a cosmetic modification too.

Although I must say, using the job item-material tool and repeating job orders is fun.  Can specifically order to keep honey-coated goat liver with ale in stock, by setting a kitchen's order to change the materials requested, and then setting a workflow to keep meals stocked.  It also makes very high-value food production easier, just order a kitchen to use dwarven syrup, rock nut leaves, and whatever else you need to balance value vs. stack size to make valuable meals and boost dwarven morale or conduct hilariously lucrative trade.

You can't change it to use specific booze or leaves, though - you can only require that the stuff be in BARRELs, or BOXes. And if you set the material, it'll be checked against the container, e.g. "cancelled: no cookable frozen dwarven wine barrel". The only way I can think of is to tweak the jobs producing the ingredients to store them in containers of specific material, and use that as a proxy.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 14, 2012, 08:51:28 pm »

its probably still too early to know...but does it still work with the current version or will it require an update?

yea...figured i'd just try it anyways...doesn't work, so i guess i'll have to wait for an update...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:59:06 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 14, 2012, 09:17:05 pm »

its probably still too early to know...but does it still work with the current version or will it require an update?

yea...figured i'd just try it anyways...doesn't work, so i guess i'll have to wait for an update...
The assorted data points that DFHack and other utilities use to do what they do change from version to version. It usually takes a few days to a week or so to identify how they've changed enough to make the utilities functional again whenever a new version is released, though sometimes it's quite a bit quicker. Eventually, somebody will probably find and post some of the offsets, which one could then put into one of the program's .xml files to make the existing versions of DFHack at least partially work, and a while after that a full new release of DFHack will happen.

This process is sometimes interrupted if it turns out that the latest version of Dwarf Fortress is extremely buggy and likely to be updated quickly anyway, but it'll probably be a priority for peterix and crew to get a 34.x version out, so there probably will be an official release for 34.01.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 14, 2012, 09:20:29 pm »

Unfortunately, the really long time since the release before this one was spent removing any and all usage of the memory.xml file, so that no longer holds true. The guys are still finding the offsets, but it's no longer just a matter of replacing one file to make it work. You need to update the entire DFhack.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #474 on: February 14, 2012, 11:16:09 pm »

Unfortunately, the really long time since the release before this one was spent removing any and all usage of the memory.xml file, so that no longer holds true. The guys are still finding the offsets, but it's no longer just a matter of replacing one file to make it work. You need to update the entire DFhack.
Or rather, we went from having a few pointers into DF's memory and hand written code to describing DF's memory structures in a different language, generating code needed to access the data. The difference in stuff available is an order of magnitude, the maintenance required is yet to be determined. On one hand it adds a lot of things that need checking for correctness, on the other, it makes updating the code trivial.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2012, 04:02:58 am »

PTF for new version...  :)
This is a blank sig.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2012, 04:42:43 am »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2012, 09:57:52 am »

is there any starting point on how to develop a dfhack plugin?

zanchito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 15, 2012, 04:24:58 pm »

is there any starting point on how to develop a dfhack plugin?
This, please!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #479 on: February 15, 2012, 04:50:27 pm »

Yes - it's called the "skeleton plugin", and it can be found in a subdirectory of the plugins source directory.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 373