Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407898 times)

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r2
« Reply #1455 on: May 16, 2012, 03:55:29 pm »

I've just started playing DF again after a while away, there used to be a tool within dfhack which allowed you to hide (unreveal) walled off sections within your fort. Does it still exist if so what is it called now? I've tried the one called 'revflood' doesn't seem to do it.
« Reply #1456 on: May 16, 2012, 05:16:20 pm »

I've just started playing DF again after a while away, there used to be a tool within dfhack which allowed you to hide (unreveal) walled off sections within your fort. Does it still exist if so what is it called now? I've tried the one called 'revflood' doesn't seem to do it.

The command is "reveal."

"Unreveal" hides the walls again after using "reveal." ;)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 16, 2012, 05:21:42 pm »

I really need this release. I won't use it, but Meph won't release ☼34.08☼ until he can bundle DFhack in.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 16, 2012, 07:00:15 pm »

If you want the one quietdust pointed to, do this:
My name does not contain a "d", thankyouverymuch.

wait, really?

* Japa checks

my mind is blown. This whole time I had your name wrong.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 16, 2012, 08:26:45 pm »

The command is "reveal."

"Unreveal" hides the walls again after using "reveal." ;)

Doesn't work like that for me, it just reveals the whole map and then unhides everything same as it was. I want to hide additional extra parts, I want sections that I've walled off/parts that I can't path to to remain blacked out.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 16, 2012, 08:31:27 pm »

You can use the revflood tool to do something like that, but constructed walls won't work. You need to use caste obsidian to block areas off. If you don't mind cheating, you can place them with liquids.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 16, 2012, 08:36:01 pm »

Maybe that what I used to do, I'll try that thanks

Edit: Actually tiletypes is more like it, it lets you 'paint' hidden status where ever you like
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:49:44 pm by kendo »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 17, 2012, 02:51:22 am »

You guys still take ideas for utilities to add on this thing?
There used to be a tool that told you how many "ticks" you needed for the next strange mood to hit one of your dwarves, or just set it straight to 0 and wait until inspiration struck.

Think that's good enough to hunt down and add?
...after the version update, because I have a feeling I'd get beaten by a mob if I throw a suggestion that delays the release of DFhack for this new and glorious updated DF.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 17, 2012, 07:33:03 am »

...Aaaand peterix might as well just move on to working on .09 now! ;D

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1464 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35:49 am »

You guys still take ideas for utilities to add on this thing?
There used to be a tool that told you how many "ticks" you needed for the next strange mood to hit one of your dwarves, or just set it straight to 0 and wait until inspiration struck.

Think that's good enough to hunt down and add?
...after the version update, because I have a feeling I'd get beaten by a mob if I throw a suggestion that delays the release of DFhack for this new and glorious updated DF.
Can probably do that with a one-liner in lua, provided the appropriate variable has been found and exposed.  I don't know if we know where that timer is anymore, though; it might be ui.mood_cooldown, although I certainly don't know that for sure.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 17, 2012, 10:49:03 am »

Another tool (Runesmith perhaps) had the ability to change a possession into fey, or if you want macabre you could go to fell.  I'd definitely like the posession->fey/secretive tool.

As expected, 34.09 leapfrogs dfhack for 34.08.  I've actually survived pretty well hackless in .08.  The one function I thought I'd be doomed without was autodump, but the mining change to drop a lot less stone meant that it was slightly less important, at least in the early years.  I do seriously miss workflow though, got additcted to that one.  But patience is a virtue, and there's always the option of pulling the source and hacking.   ;D

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 17, 2012, 11:08:39 am »

workflow 4 lyfe!

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 17, 2012, 11:47:07 am »

Peter hasn't even acknowledged that he's working on this anymore. His post history displays that he hasn't been active in almost 2 months..

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1468 on: May 17, 2012, 11:53:59 am »

Peter hasn't even acknowledged that he's working on this anymore. His post history displays that he hasn't been active in almost 2 months..
That's because he's been busy with school. I can personally guarantee that updates will be coming soon.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 17, 2012, 12:11:34 pm »

Look at IRC and github network, this guys are not only works hard on it, it looks like they start working less than a couple of hours after release =)
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 373