Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407893 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2595 on: December 08, 2012, 04:28:47 am »

Actually, I just meant finding the solid column. When I play with the default 3 cavern layers, finding a sufficiently sized column for whatever I'm doing tends to be quite hard since said column of tiles have to climb through 3 caverns unobstructed by empty space.

Actually, there's nearly always a solid column at the corners of every embark tile. That is, every 48 fort tiles.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: December 08, 2012, 05:52:13 am »

Yup, but sometimes I need it somewhere not in the corner, and in a sufficient size and shape. In any case, I think I'll repeat my question as it's been buried under a page.

Is there a utility that shows which column of tiles goes straight down to the magma sea or a magma tube?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: December 08, 2012, 06:44:03 am »

No.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: December 08, 2012, 11:42:03 am »

Actually, I just meant finding the solid column. When I play with the default 3 cavern layers, finding a sufficiently sized column for whatever I'm doing tends to be quite hard since said column of tiles have to climb through 3 caverns unobstructed by empty space.

Unless it's magma you're looking for, everything else can be immediately obtained in any non-soil layer via 'changelayer' and 'changevein'.  Native platinum, magnetite, marble, coal, candy, anything.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: December 08, 2012, 02:23:33 pm »

Is there a resurrect script that works on dead bodies in adventure mode floating around here somewhere?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:41:50 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: December 08, 2012, 04:24:49 pm »

NVM, did some mode swapping to select the unit, then more to get back to adv mode.

Can dfhack add syndromes? Turning off the dead flag brings them back with all BP's missing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:04:03 pm by HugoLuman »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: December 08, 2012, 06:15:03 pm »

NVM, did some mode swapping to select the unit, then more to get back to adv mode.

Can dfhack add syndromes? Turning off the dead flag brings them back with all BP's missing.
yes it can https://gist.github.com/4061959 (not sure which version of dfhack though...)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: December 08, 2012, 06:53:20 pm »

I have played DF again after a few months downtime.  See an update for DF hack and decide to download it while generating a world, and apply it without much of a thought and start playing.

After I find an embark, I load up the unit menu to check for dangerous wildlife and... a new hotkey? DFHack? But this is the DFwindow... Mother of god, is that Dwarf Therapist?  Ingame?  *Jaw drops*

Superb work guys, I almost thought this was a new version of DF or something.  Anybody show this to Toady yet to see if it can be made official?

P.S. After looking through the notes: A workshop that replaces water reactors?  Aim-able siege engines? And that magma source can finally make it possible for me to embark on an erupting volcano!  I love you people!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:10:08 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: December 08, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »

yes it can https://gist.github.com/4061959 (not sure which version of dfhack though...)
Would the id be used be [CURSE_WHATEVER_#] or some hex string?

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #2604 on: December 08, 2012, 10:25:11 pm »

Actually, an easier way might be to just change the unit's caste--the game keeps track of each unit's original/normal caste separately from its current caste, and should (with no transformation syndrome active) immediately transform the unit back to its original form, with all its parts intact.

I use a script based on this principle to heal units my regular HealUnit script can't:
Code: [Select]
-- Does temporary body transformation on selected unit.
local unit=dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()
if unit then
if (unit.sex ~= 0) then
unit.caste=0
unit.sex=0
else
unit.caste=1
unit.sex=1
end
end
Note that I have experienced some bugs with this method--in one case, a teenage dwarf somehow got transformed into a 53-year-old.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: December 08, 2012, 10:57:43 pm »

Well, I'll have to remember that then for next time, already used circuitous route with raw editing. Thanks though.

What's the one for changing hair color, etc?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2606 on: December 08, 2012, 11:54:09 pm »

is that Dwarf Therapist?  Ingame?
It's actually Dwarf Manipulator, a tool I originally wrote for Dwarf Fortress v0.23.130.23a (because there were no decent Therapist-style tools for that old version); once it became possible to override virtual methods within DF's own classes, I rewrote it as a DFHack plugin (as a custom viewscreen) and added a few improvements.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:56:20 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

castellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: December 08, 2012, 11:59:14 pm »

I'm trying dfhack on Mac OS X 10.8.2 and I'm running into two issues:

1. If I fire up dfhack-run, I get the following:

$ ./dfhack-run
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/hack/libdfhack-client.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/<username>/Desktop/DF/Dwarf Fortress 34.11.app/Contents/MacOS/hack/dfhack-run
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

2. If I fire up dfhack instead, it launches Dwarf Fortress, but the dfhack terminal window gets stuck in a repeating loop and I can never execute any commands:

[DFHack]# [DFHack]# [DFHack]# Do 'help' or '?' for the list of available commands.
[DFHack]# [DFHack]# [DFHack]# Do 'help' or '?' for the list of available commands.

Any ideas?

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: December 09, 2012, 12:11:34 am »

I'm not sure how I missed  the Mac version coming out 6 months ago...

I just want to report that I was able to get DFHack to work with Mac OSX 10.7.3, after much searching this thread.
I wasn't sure how to actually get it installed and working, as most guides don't include install info for Mac.
(Unzip to DF folder (or copy all contents to DF folder), and then click the DFHack icon.)
I plan to use DFHack for bugfixes (esp. patrol duty tweak) and FPS increasing (not sure how). I would appreciate advice - or a link to a new users guide or a FAQ perhaps.

Just saw your post castellan, good luck to you, fellow mac user.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: December 09, 2012, 10:33:45 am »

I'm trying dfhack on Mac OS X 10.8.2 and I'm running into two issues:

1. If I fire up dfhack-run, I get the following:

$ ./dfhack-run
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/hack/libdfhack-client.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/<username>/Desktop/DF/Dwarf Fortress 34.11.app/Contents/MacOS/hack/dfhack-run
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

2. If I fire up dfhack instead, it launches Dwarf Fortress, but the dfhack terminal window gets stuck in a repeating loop and I can never execute any commands:

Any ideas?

Hm. It looks like you have installed DFHack inside a DF app bundle. At present, that is not supported—mostly because I haven't been able to come up with a good way to put together a DFHack app bundle.

Please try downloading a fresh copy of DF for Mac from the links at the top of the main DF page, put the DFHack resources into its folder, and then run the dfhack script.

Also, could you please show me where you got the app bundle? If I can figure out how the bundle itself works, I may be able to integrate DFHack into it, and possibly even create a script that can make a bundle out of a standard DF or DFHack installation...
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 373