Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407944 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3330 on: March 20, 2013, 05:36:50 am »

Being able to talk to deities is not new. Crashing is, but you've always been able to talk to dieties if you let a priest indoctrinate you. They just never talk back.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: March 20, 2013, 05:45:40 am »

Ah, so it is the companions whom you swap into who worship these deities. Interesting. All they used to say was "..." Now they just tell the game to go die in a hole.

Also, sorry you ended up crashing your game with that. I should have mentioned that once you get your adventurer down to ground level and wait or sleep an hour, your companions should spawn on the ground around you, so you didn't need to drag each and every one of them down manually.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3332 on: March 20, 2013, 10:11:02 am »

I get a crash-to-desktop when pressing 'e' or maybe 'alt-e' in the military screen. I got it twice, but cant relyably replicate it. I dont have any hotkeys set to e/alt-e. It happens when I want to open the equipment screen for squads. I know its not from modding, so it has to be one of three sources:

1. dfhack r3.
2. falconnes plugins.
3. Putnams scripts.

I will just leave that here, maybe someone knows something.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3333 on: March 20, 2013, 10:19:14 am »

Would anyone happen to have a copy of the patch files for OSX?

Or perhaps a pre-patched version of the OSX release?

I see that the git repo for dfhack only has the SDL (Windows) and Linux patches... I suppose, unless someone out there has a pre-patched version of the 0.34.11 OSX release, I'm going to have to commit myself to figuring out the memory values myself :-/
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: March 20, 2013, 10:24:17 am »

I see that the git repo for dfhack only has the SDL (Windows) and Linux patches... I suppose, unless someone out there has a pre-patched version of the 0.34.11 OSX release, I'm going to have to commit myself to figuring out the memory values myself :-/

When you say "patched" do you mean "DF bundled with DFHack"? Or "DF with all the binpatches applied"?

Because the former is available from the first post. The latter...I'm not sure anyone has even attempted to build the appropriate binpatches for OS X.

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #3335 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:38 am »

When you say "patched" do you mean "DF bundled with DFHack"? Or "DF with all the binpatches applied"?

Because the former is available from the first post. The latter...I'm not sure anyone has even attempted to build the appropriate binpatches for OS X.

The latter :-/

I have dfhack running fine (luckily I already had all the dependencies built), I would just like to have the binary patches applied to get around the hospital stockpile bug that has been causing me so many headaches in my longer running forts.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: March 20, 2013, 10:52:29 am »

I have dfhack running fine (luckily I already had all the dependencies built), I would just like to have the binary patches applied to get around the hospital stockpile bug that has been causing me so many headaches in my longer running forts.

Then I would recommend coming into the IRC channel, where you can find me (for OS X specific knowledge) and those who built the binpatches in the first place, and hopefully find a way to get them working for OS X.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3337 on: March 20, 2013, 10:55:58 am »

Porting the binpatches to OSX will require locating the relevant code in the OSX version and determining how to fix it, and this will probably not be a trivial task.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: March 20, 2013, 02:30:10 pm »

trueTransformation:

It works like this: you transform temporarily into some creature. Just after that takes effect, the plugin changes your "base" unit type to be something else. When the transformation wears off, you turn into the other thing.

Example usage:

[SYNDROME]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0:END:5]
[CE:CREATURE:BIRD_DUCK:MALE]
[SYN_CLASS:\PERMANENT]
[SYN_CLASS:HUMAN]
[SYN_CLASS:MALE]

Permanently transforms the target into a human male after 5 ticks (or 6, ask a better raw modder). Do NOT apply it to male ducks or it will crash the game.

edit: Will probably also crash the game without START:0. I could fix that if people want it, otherwise I won't bother.

edit2: This is useful because it allows you to transform again from the next form, either with a trueTransformation or a conventional one. Also, it might work better with special abilities. I've gotten weird things before with overlapped transformations and abilities. This should work better, unless the other way also works fine and I just messed it up or misremembered, in which case it'll work equally well.

Does this play nice with AutoSyndrome?  As in, can I apply a "True Transformation" with AutoSyndrome?  If not, I suppose I could use an intermediary ability.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3339 on: March 20, 2013, 03:02:09 pm »

I havent tested yet, but worst case you apply an interaction with autosyndrome that gives the ability to give the syndrome with the correct truetransformation syntax. I guess that what you meant with "intermediary" ;)

If I run some tests before expwnent posts here, I'll let you know.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: March 20, 2013, 03:04:27 pm »

There some flag I can do to set a unit's relation with a civ? Such as removing enemy or criminal status?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: March 20, 2013, 03:55:13 pm »

I havent tested yet, but worst case you apply an interaction with autosyndrome that gives the ability to give the syndrome with the correct truetransformation syntax. I guess that what you meant with "intermediary" ;)

If I run some tests before expwnent posts here, I'll let you know.

EDIT: I'll get back to you.  Just realized that my slash was facing the wrong way.  Derp.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:16 pm »

trueTransformation

blah blah blah

Does this play nice with AutoSyndrome?  As in, can I apply a "True Transformation" with AutoSyndrome?  If not, I suppose I could use an intermediary ability.

It should.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3343 on: March 20, 2013, 04:15:15 pm »

Now that I think of it, yeah, you can just do 2 syndromes in the boiling rock. One with the transformation and the syntax of truetransform, the second one with the autosyndrome commands. :)

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:25 pm »

How do I get DFHack to work if im a newbie? Just download it?
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 373