Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550000 times)

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3120 on: December 01, 2011, 11:49:40 am »

I haven't seen dragons flying backwards, but if I kill something it sometimes sets the corpse to upgright, walking in place and making the usual noises. Scared the crap outta me when I killed a bear, ran up to loot it and it stood back up and growled.

Textures are now dropping out all over the place too. Annoying, but not a huge problem.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: December 01, 2011, 01:17:58 pm »

I haven't seen dragons flying backwards, but if I kill something it sometimes sets the corpse to upgright, walking in place and making the usual noises. Scared the crap outta me when I killed a bear, ran up to loot it and it stood back up and growled.

Textures are now dropping out all over the place too. Annoying, but not a huge problem.
The only things that have change for me after the update is the performance. I do get more lag spikes, but between them there is generally better performance.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: December 01, 2011, 02:01:15 pm »

I still have to verify backwards-flying dragons, but my bookcases, resistances and other things mentioned are working fine.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: December 01, 2011, 04:06:51 pm »

Construction set's been announced for January with Steam integration.
Shoes...

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3124 on: December 01, 2011, 04:19:57 pm »

CURSES CURSE YOU BETHESDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
I WANT IT NOWWWWW!!! MODSS MUST HAVE MODDSS!!!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3125 on: December 01, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »

They're probably delaying it to build in some kind of special steam integration in an attempt to stop pirates from getting their grubby hands on it. Like requiring Steam and a constant internet connection to work on and install mods or something.

Ofcourse, someone will wind up leaking it and the cracked version will be out the day before they actually release it, and everyone will wind up using it instead.

Unless they're really devious and make it some kind of online only construction set, where all the editing tools are hosted off-site and your construction set just accesses it remotely.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: December 01, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »

January! January!?!?

God damnit Bethesda, you and I both know that that construction kit is not that much different from Oblivions. Your using the same engine you did last time, with a few tweaks and called it a new engine.

I do not want to wait another month for the god damn construction kit.

But really, even if it is integrated with Steam pirates will still be able to use it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 01, 2011, 04:38:58 pm »

You can always distract yourself with the upcoming Steam holiday sales, assuming you haven't already clogged your Steam backlog over Thanksgiving weekend.  ;)

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 01, 2011, 04:47:44 pm »

i've got a E6600 dual core running at 3ghz, 4gb ram and a Geforce 8800gt, how are my chances? :)

As said before you probably won't have problems.
I have an 8800 GTS OC that can juuuust squeak by on a modified high (I did increase a few things, the graphics junkie I am, NO CONCESSIONS FOR MY VIDEO CARD!)
The GT is a little slower, so you probably will need medium to high settings, maybe a mix in between.
Draw distance was the real killer for me on trying Ultra and then downgrading to my current settings.

Runs well, though sadly, I wish I could get the the full impact of the distant scenery. Guess I need a new video card soon.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 01, 2011, 04:52:58 pm »

oooooo-keey, i tried that brawler khajit.
it actualy could work and beating the crap out of Drugh Overlord is an epic show but... the thing is - fist fighting in skyrim sucks. and i dont mean the technicals - it just looks and feels lame. it eats stamina like crazy and theres no perks that lowers that cost, the hits makes the camera turn left and right, the range and the speed is a joke. in general whenever i fight i feel like being drunk.
shame. i remember in Morrowind that it actualy was kind a fun to play as a kung-fu monk heh.

also the spellsword idea crumbled... its damn tendious =\ it actualy could have worked if not for this short spell duration and hiper slow Alternation training.

Trying out 2h ork  berzerker now but i must say dual wielding 1h is much more dynamic and tricky. oh well. lets see where this wil lead me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3130 on: December 01, 2011, 05:18:29 pm »

Heck sometimes in Daggerfall the only thing that saved you was the fact that you could punch ghosts. If you encounter a ghost before you had a magic weapon, you had to either punch it (your hands, being living, could interact with the ghost) or run the hell away.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: December 01, 2011, 05:40:39 pm »

So, the main menu still isn't loading at all... any advice?

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 01, 2011, 06:33:09 pm »

So, the main menu still isn't loading at all... any advice?

Roll back to pre-patch?  There are several threads of instructions on the Bethesda forums about how to do that.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 01, 2011, 08:20:56 pm »

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Essentially: It'll be using steam for content sharing and auto-updating mods and stuff.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 01, 2011, 10:44:21 pm »

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

Essentially: It'll be using steam for content sharing and auto-updating mods and stuff.
Eh, I'll stick with the Nexus Mod Manager.

I'm sure most people out there would rather have the CK out now, rather than wait for a somewhat unimportant feature to be released.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 896