Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558298 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4110 on: December 29, 2011, 10:13:21 pm »

I play with two mods.
One marks the player as 'essential', so you just stagger and fall over when you run out of health. When it's working correctly, you open your inventory and take a health potion and you stand back up. However, due to a bug, you go through the animation and just stand right back up.
The other mod lets you kill children. Yes, I'm a horrible person.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: December 29, 2011, 10:15:43 pm »

The other mod lets you kill children. Yes, I'm a horrible person.

Really?

I have heard little qualms about killing children in DF on these forums.
And you say you are terrible for doing the same thing in Skyrim?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: December 29, 2011, 10:16:42 pm »

Killing children in DF is okay because you aren't personally taking a knife and slitting their throat.
And Skyrim has 'realistic' graphics.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: December 29, 2011, 10:24:07 pm »

Yea, saying "WELL YOU CAN DO IT IN DF" is a little bit of an odd argument because it takes quite a stretch of the imagination to even picture the little smiley faces as children, let alone picture them being killed.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: December 29, 2011, 10:26:12 pm »

Here I was attempting humor..  :-\

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: December 29, 2011, 10:34:52 pm »

Any of you toying with any interesting mods?
These three make things good, One Makes the UI of the Inv much better to handle without going insane. The other increases the FPS and such. and the last Expands the game so much that its amazing that he has done so without CK, It melds nearly 50% of the best mods into it as well so your getting like 20 mods in one pack which he (With the original makers permission) has editted to make it fit well with the other mods so that you don't have something so broken...

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4387
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1601
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: December 30, 2011, 01:08:32 am »

Unsure:
Azura - I have never talked to her ever. I chose the Black Star.
Malacath - Never did quest yet.
Azura is mostly good, at least so far as she respects and helps those who are on her good side. Choosing the Black Star is an evil act, and would spite her, but with that quest personally I chose good over being a dick to a daedra for the sake of hating daedra.
Malacath is good in my book, he's the god of the orcs, generally being about things like Honour and Revenge. Kind of like a Daedra of Justice.
You also left out Molag Bal, who is pretty bad, being the prince of domination, but in some ways could be considered a good guy if you like the whole abusing the weak for being weak thing.
Personally the only Daedra I associated with were Azura and Sheogorath(Because you can't back out of his quest once you realize it). I might have bargained with Malacath if I ever ran into his quest though.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: December 30, 2011, 01:55:11 am »

Choosing the Black Star is an evil act, and would spite her, but with that quest personally I chose good over being a dick to a daedra for the sake of hating daedra.
Hey, I didn't pick the Black Star to be a dick, I picked it because I think being able to use black souls is very useful since they will always be Grand and there's a lot of humanoids around. If she gave the star that ability, I would have been all over being a nice guy.

As it stands, I prefer the usefulness over being nice in this rare occasion.

You also left out Molag Bal,
I also left out Vaermina. I'm... not sure why I forgot them.

I, personally, consider Molag Bal's quest reasonable revenge. I'm not sure how evil he is himself, but I'm imagining pretty bad.

Vaermina... I'm not sure.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: December 30, 2011, 02:44:07 am »

Namira: "Remember me? Bloodiest beef in the Reach? HA HA HA!"
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: December 30, 2011, 02:57:42 am »

I, personally, consider Molag Bal's quest reasonable revenge. I'm not sure how evil he is himself, but I'm imagining pretty bad.

In Oblivion, he instructs you to goad a pacifist into beating you to death.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: December 30, 2011, 03:06:25 am »

In Oblivion, he instructs you to goad a pacifist into beating you to death.
That pacifist was clearly not a pacifist then.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: December 30, 2011, 03:33:08 am »

my personal fav here is by all:
Sheogorath.
man how i love this guy and how it sadden me that theres no way of confronting him again after the quest :(
he is not good or evil. he seems to be "above" these two. which makes him propably the most "human-like" Deadra prince. he reminds me of Crazy Hatter from Alice in Wonderland mixed wih Monthy Python sense of humor.
To me he also has the best and most charismatic voice acting. I mean, i really can "feel" his personality.

now i have to wait for a mod that makes him a companion rotfl :D

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: December 30, 2011, 03:35:07 am »

I was getting the impression from the way he was speaking and acting that he was actually getting bored with being Sheogorath, and wishing for a way out.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: December 30, 2011, 03:44:05 am »

Sheogorath was hilarious and likeable in Shivering Isles, so he's basically already an 'old favorite' by this point.

I also liked Sanguine, he was far more memorable in Skyrim than the previous games.

Despite having played Morrowind, I can't say I have such an attachment to Azura. Goes to show what it looks like when careful presentation and good (expensive probably too) voice acting are used.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: December 30, 2011, 04:06:59 am »

I've sunk almost 36 hours into Skyrim since I got it on christmas.
I have never encountered anything Daedra related.
I see this as a good thing, because Oblivion forced you to interact with them if you wanted to advance the plot any.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 896