Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550169 times)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9585 on: December 20, 2013, 06:50:03 pm »

Helgen Reborn I have never had issues with.

Civil War overhaul, last I played, made the civil war impossible to win, as all the guards in Dawnstar would attack you (if you've sided with the Empire) even when you're supposed to be giving them a letter. I'm sure it's fixed now.

Umm, I'm not sure how long ago this was or if the feature was always in, but did you consider wearing Stormcloak armor and the disguise feature?

Not that there weren't bugs. Once my siege of Riften was stuck on a stage of the quest that wasn't registering as complete. I also felt bad for the poor Khajiit caravans that would always get mobbed by your army, even if it meant ignoring the enemy Stormcloaks/Imperials...
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: December 20, 2013, 11:21:55 pm »

Everyone uses stealth. The default mode of playing the game is stealth archer.

A few pages ago it was "default mode is boring power attack spam." I'd say stealth archery is more fun, though. Those special camera shots are quite satisfying.

However, I find nothing more satisfying than the flow of UNLIMITED POWAH from one's fingertips.

There is nothing as satisfying as well-earned a stealth blade kill. Eliminating an entire fortress as quickly as possible without alerting a soul... it's life affirming. :)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

So what do you guys think the next Elder Scrolls game will/should revolve around?

I have a fun suggestion: The Black Star.

While in the course of Skyrim you have a massive civil war in the Empire, the return of dragons and the bastard Nazi elves being Nazi elf bastards, in my opinion the most world-changing event in the entire game is the repurposing of that daedric artifact by mortals.

Dragons are a big deal yeah, and the fate of a empire is in the civil war/thalmor conflict, but none of that compares to the simple fact that mortal magic literally just beat THE GODS. Well Daedra, but same difference really.

I think this could set off a wonderful "Rage Against the Heavens" arc where the mortal races all go "oh, we can beat the daedra lords now? Welp, lets go do that, those bastards had it coming."
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: December 23, 2013, 03:44:39 pm »

Oh, it's happened before. The Greg Keyes novels, for example.

Also, mortals have beaten Gods before. Heck, Azura in particular. Though I'm not sure if Vivec counts entirely as mortal.

Also, Daedra aren't all evil >:I

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: December 23, 2013, 04:42:42 pm »

Also, killing Alduin is kinda counts for that.

Didn't Azura say the Black Star would fix itself next time it decided to change hands?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: December 23, 2013, 04:46:56 pm »

I still don't get why dragons were magically reintroduced to TES. I feel like all TES games will now have a 'Big bad' dragon or three, despite how they continue from here.

What exactly is the canon-status of that new MMO anyways?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: December 23, 2013, 04:52:03 pm »

Isn't it about when a Daedra Lord tried to invade about 1000 years back from Skyrim?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: December 23, 2013, 05:16:45 pm »

I still don't get why dragons were magically reintroduced to TES. I feel like all TES games will now have a 'Big bad' dragon or three, despite how they continue from here.

They never really removed them. They were always there, in a way. They planned on having dragons in Morrowind, but decided to not since they didn't think they could do them justice. Iirc.

What exactly is the canon-status of that new MMO anyways?

Officially? Totally canon. On my side? OH HELL NO WHAT IS THAT HOW COULD YOU EVEN WHYYYYY
Love, scriver~

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: December 23, 2013, 05:26:32 pm »

They never really removed them. They were always there, in a way. They planned on having dragons in Morrowind, but decided to not since they didn't think they could do them justice. Iirc.
Actually, there are dragons in Morrowind. Some fly very high and the other ones near the ground are invisible.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: December 23, 2013, 05:49:58 pm »

Actually, there are dragons in Morrowind. Some fly very high and the other ones near the ground are invisible.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: December 23, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »

Sir I do not know where you have obtained this picture from, but it certainly bears a striking resemblance to a good friend of mine. Although he probably does not know my name. I tried to adventure with him but he complained that I got in the way and talked, talked, talked.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: December 23, 2013, 06:45:36 pm »

I once imagined an expansion where M'aiq was the grandmaster of an order of seers/prophets who existed outside of time. The planned storyline was something of a big meta-reference to the fact that all PCs in Elder Scrolls games end up as heads of every guild/army/etc. at once, and that such " infinite champions" only occurred so often, and that M'aiq would eventually work to ensure you were the last.

Indeed, I do this.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: December 23, 2013, 07:04:47 pm »

What I really love is that the "infinite champion" then basically sits around all day outside in that courtyard outside the pawn shops in Balmora (or the equivalent central-place-to-store-your-crap in TES games that aren't Morrowind), just standing there staring at the two NPCs who always walk by, until the save file gets deleted.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: December 23, 2013, 10:54:43 pm »

What I really love is that the "infinite champion" then basically sits around all day outside in that courtyard outside the pawn shops in Balmora (or the equivalent central-place-to-store-your-crap in TES games that aren't Morrowind), just standing there staring at the two NPCs who always walk by, until the save file gets deleted.

....?
This requires explanation :P

Indeed, I do this.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: December 23, 2013, 11:53:38 pm »

Flash sale on steam. It's going for ten dollars. Oh man. And here is me with a lappy with onboard graphics.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 896