Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550073 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11370 on: October 28, 2014, 08:46:05 pm »

Huh. So it makes the game essentially a Roguelike-level of insane difficulty? Sounds like fun, but not (currently) my cup of tea.

Just looking for a realism experience that makes me feel like an actual person IG. :P I'm trying to make a Khajit who fights unarmed or with a single shield in combat, and who hunts to sustain herself.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11371 on: October 28, 2014, 08:51:19 pm »

There are also two mods to improve AI, both fully customizable

SkyTweak and SkyAI

Anyone use those two? Was recommended them, and have yet to try it. Supposedly it/they makes the AI far better and realistic.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: October 28, 2014, 08:52:02 pm »

Huh. So it makes the game essentially a Roguelike-level of insane difficulty? Sounds like fun, but not (currently) my cup of tea.

Just looking for a realism experience that makes me feel like an actual person IG. :P I'm trying to make a Khajit who fights unarmed or with a single shield in combat, and who hunts to sustain herself.
Too bad you cannot dual-wield shields in Skyrim.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: October 28, 2014, 08:53:32 pm »

Apparently shields are OP? Never thought they were terribly useful aside from the bashing.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11374 on: October 28, 2014, 08:59:36 pm »

Okay, I figured out why my SKSE wasn't functioning.  Kilakan, if your Skyrim is installed in the default steam location (program files 86 on windows), then you are probably having a problem with UAC, the only options are to relocate your steam files to a different (non-UAC protected) directory, or to turn OFF UAC.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11375 on: October 28, 2014, 09:14:00 pm »

I was thinking about finishing the game and ignoring the Civil War, but I reconsidered. I mean, I really hate the Stormcloaks. At this point I don't care if the Empire is wrong, as a player character I don't care about no "greater good", if a faction rubs me the wrong way I'm going to go against them for personal reasons.

Not that the Stormcloaks are right, or anything. I just despise them.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: October 28, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »

I was thinking about finishing the game and ignoring the Civil War, but I reconsidered. I mean, I really hate the Stormcloaks. At this point I don't care if the Empire is wrong, as a player character I don't care about no "greater good", if a faction rubs me the wrong way I'm going to go against them for personal reasons.

Not that the Stormcloaks are right, or anything. I just despise them.

(It's implied that the ongoing worship of Talos 'fuels' the strength of one of the Towers holding Tamriel and Mundus together. I think it was Ada-Mantia, or the Adamantium / Direnni Tower in High Rock. Hence, it's probable that high level Stormcloak scholars are aware of this.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11377 on: October 28, 2014, 10:11:31 pm »

High level stormcloak scholars don't know shit. It's entirely possible that the highest Thalmor leadership and maybe the Psijics are the only ones who know about TalOS-as-Convention-2.0. There's a shitload of closet Talos worshipers in the Empire anyway.

Besides, the Thalmor already shot him out of the sky (Vagueness not mine, literally all that there has been said on the matter).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: October 29, 2014, 07:32:04 am »

In Oblivion, after joining the Dark Brotherhood, I always had a bunch of hourglasses in my inventory to put next to or near my victims for symbolism or something.
In Skyrim, I do not have any hourglasses for my kills.. Any suggestions of what I could use? Something that there's an abundance of?
I guess could use Deathbell flowers, but I rather want something else than plants.. or alchemical ingredients at all..

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11379 on: October 29, 2014, 07:52:32 am »

In Oblivion, after joining the Dark Brotherhood, I always had a bunch of hourglasses in my inventory to put next to or near my victims for symbolism or something.
In Skyrim, I do not have any hourglasses for my kills.. Any suggestions of what I could use? Something that there's an abundance of?
I guess could use Deathbell flowers, but I rather want something else than plants.. or alchemical ingredients at all..
The bucket... the symbol of eternal darkness, for all who are blinded by it do not even know that they are blind... Truly, 'tis a terrible fate.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: October 29, 2014, 08:53:25 am »

The bucket... the symbol of eternal darkness, for all who are blinded by it do not even know that they are blind... Truly, 'tis a terrible fate.
Manipulate the bucket to be on their head for extra effect...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11381 on: October 29, 2014, 10:25:08 am »

And strip all of their clothes

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: October 29, 2014, 11:38:48 am »

And strip all of their clothes
No. Then that would be like everyone else... Just the bucket on the dead guy... Screenshots required...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11383 on: October 29, 2014, 01:07:07 pm »

If I could, I'd make a super fat male in a game, and I'd also make a super fat chick in the game. Or a super skinny male (which I'd prefer playing) Why? Cause its realistic and adds character. And I HATE playing steroid looking douches in games...luckily asian games I can play skinny dudes :D Most games show females as skinny and males as steroid douchebags, than games showing little armor.

Sadly, games don't do that. Asian games show skinny guys, but I don't think I've seen a game where you can play a fat guy. Or a fat chick.

I'm going to point at Loadout, but it's the only game (much less first person shooter) I'm aware of where you can play as someone who is fat.

... Although you could in Second Life, if you really really wanted to.

In GTA: San Andreas you could get fat if you wanted...  Huh I just read up on it, it was more interesting than I thought.  Exercising reduced fat and increased muscle, but it was still possible to be fat and muscular.  Having no fat made you lose muscle when hungry, like in real life.  Having really high muscle turned off many of the girls.  Having really high fat put penalties on things like running and jumping.  Sadly high levels of fat diminished HP instead of adding extra.

I never really noticed most of that because my CJ ate fast food all the time but ran and biked whenever possible.  Kinda like me at the time, heh!

And Fable had that cartoonish system where eating celery makes you thin, and eating... chickens...?  Made you fat.

Now I should say something on topic, what are we talking about -
Actually nevermind
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11384 on: October 29, 2014, 04:10:43 pm »

Requiem would be the most hardcore of the overhaul mods out there.
I would not really recommend it, unless you are masochistic about playing Skyrim.
???

::) I guess that's my cue, brb gonna check out Requiem...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 896