Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550217 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11355 on: October 27, 2014, 07:16:58 pm »

Here is my latest Skyrim character. I went for a different look than my usual character. I think she came out rather well. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Skyrim/Ultimate%20Overhaul%20-%20Isabella/Ultimate%20Skyrim%20Overhaul%20-%20Laenaya/LaenayaTheIcePrincess02.jpg

Not entirely fitting Skyrim...but, my backstory (summary) is she came from a very cold, harsh land...think of north/south pole in real world terms.

She is a vampire (wasn't before arriving in Skyrim), and uses only ice magic. If need be, she'll use a one handed sword.

Looks a bit heavy on the makeup. :P
It's like a glittery statue.
I can't get over the armor; I mean, just thinking about polar cultures and climates, I'm pretty sure that's not exactly Chukchi.  Even more than warmth, it's like a giant "stab here" sign. :P
Then again, I've always been a bit of a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to fantasy armor.

Something that pulled at me when I visited the Alchemist's lab was that I wanted something like the FNV hardcore "eat food or die" mode.

Are there any good mods like that?
Two off the top of my head.
Realistic Needs and Diseases: Relatively straightforward, similar to the FNV model.  Eat food, drink water.  Penalties are granted if you eat too much or get too hungry, first to regeneration rates, then to actual skills.  This is a bit more up-to-date and can be configured by the in-game mod configuration menu available in SKSE, so it's the one I use.  Also increases the effects of untreated diseases, however, as indicated in the name.

Imp's More Complex Needs: This is the big momma of nutrition mods.  "Fullness" is tracked, but also calories, nutrition, protein, and so forth.  These are all calculated based on your character's height, weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle percentage, which affect how often you need to eat and how quickly you get drunk.  Also MCM-compatible.  I used to use this for a while, and I've mulled over switching back every so often.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: October 27, 2014, 07:44:05 pm »

Oh yes just what I was looking for, thank you. I'll start with the realistic one first, then try that other one if I'm feeling particularly masochistic :D

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: October 27, 2014, 09:28:16 pm »

There is also iNeeds which adds its own unique features. It also uses far less scripts, making it A LOT more stable in a more heavily modified game.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: October 28, 2014, 02:34:26 am »

Here is my latest Skyrim character. I went for a different look than my usual character. I think she came out rather well. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Skyrim/Ultimate%20Overhaul%20-%20Isabella/Ultimate%20Skyrim%20Overhaul%20-%20Laenaya/LaenayaTheIcePrincess02.jpg

Not entirely fitting Skyrim...but, my backstory (summary) is she came from a very cold, harsh land...think of north/south pole in real world terms.

She is a vampire (wasn't before arriving in Skyrim), and uses only ice magic. If need be, she'll use a one handed sword.

I can't get over the armor; I mean, just thinking about polar cultures and climates, I'm pretty sure that's not exactly Chukchi.  Even more than warmth, it's like a giant "stab here" sign. :P
Then again, I've always been a bit of a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to fantasy armor.

Something that pulled at me when I visited the Alchemist's lab was that I wanted something like the FNV hardcore "eat food or die" mode.

Realistic Needs and Diseases: Relatively straightforward, similar to the FNV model.  Eat food, drink water.  Penalties are granted if you eat too much or get too hungry, first to regeneration rates, then to actual skills.  This is a bit more up-to-date and can be configured by the in-game mod configuration menu available in SKSE, so it's the one I use.  Also increases the effects of untreated diseases, however, as indicated in the name.

Imp's More Complex Needs: This is the big momma of nutrition mods.  "Fullness" is tracked, but also calories, nutrition, protein, and so forth.  These are all calculated based on your character's height, weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle percentage, which affect how often you need to eat and how quickly you get drunk.  Also MCM-compatible.  I used to use this for a while, and I've mulled over switching back every so often.

I personally like armor that's both functional and pretty! It's quite possible to have armor that would realistically protect someone, and look good as well - Oblivion's vanilla Imperial Dragon Armor, despite being pretty weak, was that. Gorgeous armor, realistically covers most of the body.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: October 28, 2014, 02:54:21 am »

I personally like armor that's both functional and pretty! It's quite possible to have armor that would realistically protect someone, and look good as well - Oblivion's vanilla Imperial Dragon Armor, despite being pretty weak, was that. Gorgeous armor, realistically covers most of the body.

I'd have invisible armor if I could...which actually is possible in Skyrim. But speaking of other games...as little armor as possible shown :D

Likewise, males should have as little as possible too...though some asian based games already do this anyway.

And before you get all freaky. Every game (except asian ones, so speaking western ones)...show males as big buff steroid looking guys...asian games depict males FAR more realistically.

If I could, I'd make a super fat male in a game, and I'd also make a super fat chick in the game. Or a super skinny male (which I'd prefer playing) Why? Cause its realistic and adds character. And I HATE playing steroid looking douches in games...luckily asian games I can play skinny dudes :D Most games show females as skinny and males as steroid douchebags, than games showing little armor.

Sadly, games don't do that. Asian games show skinny guys, but I don't think I've seen a game where you can play a fat guy. Or a fat chick.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: October 28, 2014, 04:06:37 am »

Makes you wonder how you could prevent the good ole "armor with breasts reflects sword to face" thing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11361 on: October 28, 2014, 04:14:19 am »

By giving body parts separate hitboxes.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: October 28, 2014, 06:27:27 am »

Sadly, games don't do that. Asian games show skinny guys, but I don't think I've seen a game where you can play a fat guy. Or a fat chick.
Eh in darksouls you can get fairly pudgy on char gen, and then some armor sets make you appear to be a downright dough boy;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In actual on topic discussion, SKSE won't work for me at all recently.  I've deleted skyrim and nexus mod installer/reinstalled and no matter what it always spits out an error 'The mod SKSE (skyrim script extender, a base for a lot of mods) has stopped functioning correctly.'  Then game then gets progressively laggier before crashing... anyone run into anything similar/got a fix?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:29:25 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: October 28, 2014, 07:36:32 am »

My SKSE is down too, I even went to silverlock and reinstalled it, but still not functioning.  I wonder if one of the new windows updates had something to do with this.

Edit: went digging around my files looking for anything strange, but I couldn't find anything.  If I weren't still p'oed about having to fight off the poweliks trojan last week I'd look online for something, but I just can't right now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:47:09 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: October 28, 2014, 07:46:42 pm »

Ugh so now my game's crashing with mods that said they'd all be compatible.

I'm using:
  • SKSE (of course)
  • SkyUI (why wouldn't I?)
  • Skyrim Redone (an overhaul mod, pretty sweet)
  • Realistic Needs and Diseases (Installed after SkyRe)
  • Frostfell (Yeah hypothermia in a game that's mostly winter!)
  • Hunterborn (Why not have a kill take a day to process? So much more meat!)

Aaand my game crashes after I've completely harvested a bear and try to access my inventory.

E: Should probably note that I've "deleted local content files", scrubbed all the saves I'm not wanting to keep (all of them), and am going to try from scratch.

Anyone else have tips?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:11:00 pm by Pufferfish »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: October 28, 2014, 08:06:16 pm »

If I could, I'd make a super fat male in a game, and I'd also make a super fat chick in the game. Or a super skinny male (which I'd prefer playing) Why? Cause its realistic and adds character. And I HATE playing steroid looking douches in games...luckily asian games I can play skinny dudes :D Most games show females as skinny and males as steroid douchebags, than games showing little armor.

I'm going to point at Loadout, but it's the only game (much less first person shooter) I'm aware of where you can play as someone who is fat.

... Although you could in Second Life, if you really really wanted to.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: October 28, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »

I'm going to point at Loadout, but it's the only game (much less first person shooter) I'm aware of where you can play as someone who is fat.

... Although you could in Second Life, if you really really wanted to.
Heavy from TF2 is pretty fat. Muscular sure, but also fat.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: October 28, 2014, 08:22:01 pm »

Ugh so now my game's crashing with mods that said they'd all be compatible.

I'm using:
  • SKSE (of course)
  • SkyUI (why wouldn't I?)
  • Skyrim Redone (an overhaul mod, pretty sweet)
  • Realistic Needs and Diseases (Installed after SkyRe)
  • Frostfell (Yeah hypothermia in a game that's mostly winter!)
  • Hunterborn (Why not have a kill take a day to process? So much more meat!)

Aaand my game crashes after I've completely harvested a bear and try to access my inventory.

E: Should probably note that I've "deleted local content files", scrubbed all the saves I'm not wanting to keep (all of them), and am going to try from scratch.

Anyone else have tips?

I think SkyRe is best used at a completely new game. And did you remember patches? I think SkyRe has patches for Frostfall, Hunterborn and RND. Don't forget to use the Reproc patcher as SkyRe heavily recommends it. (untick ingredients and projectiles. Game tends to crash for me with with those ticked in the patcher.)
Also, you should add Wet and Cold (plus the Ashes version if you have Dragonborn.)
as it (they) work well with Frostfall.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:25:09 pm by Ultimuh »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: October 28, 2014, 08:27:45 pm »

The patches are the ticks when installing the mods through Nexus correct?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: October 28, 2014, 08:31:46 pm »

It's when you are using the SkyRe Reproccer. Basically it's a manual patcher for weapons and armors and such. It's based on Java so make sure you have the latest version of that program installed.

edit: Hmm.. I think It was Requiem that had Frostfall, RND and Hunterborn patches.. My bad.
Requiem would be the most hardcore of the overhaul mods out there.
I would not really recommend it, unless you are masochistic about playing Skyrim.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:37:58 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 896