Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559004 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12120 on: April 25, 2015, 11:50:43 am »

What the hell is wrong with these people? Why would you support this?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: April 25, 2015, 12:13:27 pm »

Something I just spotted, welcome to in game pop-up adds for paid versions of mods.
Hah, one more reason to hate him and use Apocalypse instead.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: April 25, 2015, 12:37:10 pm »

I'm using apocalypse myself, but it's not like anyone can change the files already on my PC. NMM's new version warnings are already wrong 100% of the time as it is (for me :P), so I just ignore them.

There's also no copy protection in Skyrim's mod system, so... Obvious consequences are obvious.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:43:59 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: April 25, 2015, 01:26:58 pm »

I'm using apocalypse myself, but it's not like anyone can change the files already on my PC. NMM's new version warnings are already wrong 100% of the time as it is (for me :P), so I just ignore them.

There's also no copy protection in Skyrim's mod system, so... Obvious consequences are obvious.

You realize that that's like saying, "Boy, it sure is quiet," right after a firefight dies down.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: April 25, 2015, 01:31:05 pm »

You realize that that's like saying, "Boy, it sure is quiet," right after a firefight dies down.
I severely doubt that anything will go wrong.  What are they going to do, gain the ability to legally hack our systems?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: April 25, 2015, 01:34:54 pm »

SHHHH
DON'T JINX IT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: April 25, 2015, 01:36:53 pm »

I'm just waiting to see Rome 2 and Attila mods go on sale. I'm like 90% positive since that company turned into a focus about making money at the expense of a developed game, they'll hop right on it. Since the Total War company releases so many DLC for useless re-skinned units (that mods can put in just as easily to be honest, which is actually why they really limited modding (its super hard to mod newer total wars compared to older) (but I'm sure they now want to make money at mods so...yeah), I'm sure they'd love a chance to jump on this money making scheme :P

Cities Skylines/Paradox pretty much said a BIG no...so you know what their stance is. They aren't in it for the money.

With that said. I'm glad there is other alternatives to the workshop. Nexus is a great place, and a much better place than workshop...I used the workshop for one single mod, and it was a mod that added a "dispel" spell as some of my spell effects from other mods would get "stuck" on my character.

Also, I've personally never pirated a game except once (and it was for GTA 4 as I actually didn't know if my PC would run it and didn't know if I'd like it. But then the game had a huge virus after running it, go figure rofl...)...but...yeah I'm not buying mods. I'll leave it there as I imagine you know what I mean ;)

For skyrim, literally all it is, is either a esp+BSA or esp+textures/meshes. Anyone can copy the files anywhere rofl
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:09:32 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: April 25, 2015, 01:38:02 pm »

Please remember to change your Steam reviews of Skyrim to negative/not recommended, and please also sign this petition:

https://www.change.org/p/valve-remove-the-paid-content-of-the-steam-workshop
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12128 on: April 25, 2015, 01:42:16 pm »

Please remember to change your Steam reviews of Skyrim to negative/not recommended, and please also sign this petition:

I will not negatively review Skyrim over this. Skyrim is a great game and reviews should reflect how good the game itself is. Put in a caveat if you must, but review the game and not the ancillary services Steam/Bethesda decided to tack on afterwards.

I don't hop on EU4 and give it a negative review like "The game is great and I have a lot of fun with it but the optional DLC content is just stupid and I hate the pricing!"

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: April 25, 2015, 02:15:49 pm »

I will not negatively review Skyrim over this. Skyrim is a great game and reviews should reflect how good the game itself is. Put in a caveat if you must, but review the game and not the ancillary services Steam/Bethesda decided to tack on afterwards.

I don't hop on EU4 and give it a negative review like "The game is great and I have a lot of fun with it but the optional DLC content is just stupid and I hate the pricing!"

Well, in regards to Crusader Kings 2 (I prefer this over EU which I found REALLY boring. I had EU 3 but barely played it and CK2 saw 40+ played hours in less than a week (thats a lot for me), but thats just personal preference). I find the DLC to be...well...its sorta the same as Total War to be honest. Reskinned artwork where as total war as re-skinned units. However, a big difference is in total war they release re-skinned units and then DLC lock that faction. CK2 you can still play that faction. And...CK2 feels more like MMO updates, its always being developed past release. Its kinda small dev team, but they seem to want to support the game. Total War feels more like they didn't develop the game (Attila REALLY felt like that at release, so many not developed factions) and wanted more money from DLC (and later when they do paid mods for it). But CK2 allows huge mods, and total war after medieval 2 made modding a LOT harder (which is the same time they focused on DLC, funny that)

Its sorta the same, but both feel different to me.

As for Skyrim. Like I said, I'm sure fallout 4/elder scrolls 6 will see paid mods...its pretty obvious. Skyrim is testing the waters for that. But its not all bethesda, other companies got the same offer for paid mods.

Sadly, it doesn't look like steam is changing course and paid mods (at least on steam) are here to stay. I'll be more curious to see if other companies start doing this too on their platforms.

(edit: At least judging by forum usage. GOG has seen a HUGE spike in activity)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:21:23 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: April 25, 2015, 02:22:30 pm »

I think Apocalypse has a dispel spell. I have another magic mod as well, so I'm not 100% sure it's from that.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: April 25, 2015, 02:27:26 pm »

I think Apocalypse has a dispel spell. I have another magic mod as well, so I'm not 100% sure it's from that.

Well, I have a lot of magic mods too :P I do have a few dispel spells listed under the console (when I do "help dispel")...but this particular mod from steam is the only one that works on my game for some reason. I tried the other dispels, and they didn't really do what I needed them to do.

For one thing, the one from steam...if my character ever gets that shitty, annoying, game breaking glow around my character with glowing eyes (consoles get this too, and its even worse for them as they have no way to remove it...bethesda never fixed it lol)...the mod from steam is the only one that actually removes the horrible, annoying glow effect. Granted, I can do a whole bunch of in-game workarounds with the console to remove the glow. But the one from steam is a lot easier to use than doing a bunch of console commands and looking at google to try to find what command to use for the particular effect on my character :P Cause sometimes the glow is blue, but sometimes its a black mist thing that liches have and they require different console commands to remove.

I think the one from steam doesn't just remove the effects listed in the active effects menu, but ALL the hidden ones too. So that is a BIG positive for me.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: April 25, 2015, 02:28:43 pm »

I have an unrelated dilemma right now.

My thief character, happily wearing a set of modded bosmer armor (save gauntlets) has been kindly donated a set of elven armor by a polite, currently breathing Thalmor Justiciar. The elven set (plus a shield) gives a total armor rating of 473, due to a different mod. The bosmer armor is much lower, but I think the look fits more with my character's archetype.
My practicality says go with the elven and my eternal quest for immersion tells me to stay with the bosmer. What do?
Black lives matter.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: April 25, 2015, 02:40:01 pm »

If you have enough smithing (and/or +smithing enchanted equipment) you should still be able to hit the armor cap with that.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: April 25, 2015, 02:43:29 pm »

Paid mods will revolutionize Skyrim...

Said no-one ever...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 896