Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559031 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12225 on: May 16, 2015, 04:56:27 pm »

There was a similar mod for the fallout series where you could move and plop that entrace anywhere to access you massive auto-sorting house with interactitivies too. Was very nice to see your shelves populate itself with all sorts of ammo you could manually pick up then press a button to refill from a central storage! same for weapons and such... man now that imt alking about htat game i feel like i need to play it again.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: May 16, 2015, 05:54:05 pm »

I have that house, it's Underground Hideout.

The sorting is OK but it would be really nice to have one like the Skyrim, where all your stuff is sorta stored in the same place but you can see each thing with a sort of filter. Or you put everything in one place and it autosorts. In the Hideout you have to go to each area to store different stuffs, or have it suck everything from your inventory and then you have to go to each area to recover your underpants and guns.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12227 on: May 31, 2015, 03:09:47 pm »

I've been playing a fair bit of Skyrim with SPERG, Apocalypse, and ASIS. I keep alternating between feeling very strong and very weak--probably because it's way, way to easy to get in a crafting loop by breaking down loot for smithing. I'll probably be firmly overpowered once I find another dungeon to grind for soul gems and start up an enchanting loop.

It may be SPERG scaling things weirdly, but I can't tell at all how balanced Apocalypses' spells are. Ocato's Recital seems straight up overpowered, not to mention perfectly scaling, however convenient it is. And then there are the melee elemental spells which are more interesting than the standard flamethrower models, but don't seem very effective.

Still, I'm having fun with it and the ability to respec perks takes a lot of pointless stress out of the equation. Anyone have good locations to grab some souls?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: May 31, 2015, 09:28:57 pm »

The sorting is OK but it would be really nice to have one like the Skyrim, where all your stuff is sorta stored in the same place but you can see each thing with a sort of filter. Or you put everything in one place and it autosorts. In the Hideout you have to go to each area to store different stuffs, or have it suck everything from your inventory and then you have to go to each area to recover your underpants and guns.
I think i remember favoriting stuff and i would keep it on me even when using the *suck it all* option or my memory is going nuttball....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: May 31, 2015, 10:04:21 pm »

Still, I'm having fun with it and the ability to respec perks takes a lot of pointless stress out of the equation. Anyone have good locations to grab some souls?
Soul Cairn?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: June 01, 2015, 12:04:04 am »

I think i remember favoriting stuff and i would keep it on me even when using the *suck it all* option or my memory is going nuttball....

Underground Hideout was New Vegas. There's no favoriting there, script just tosses everything from your inventory to some containers. In Skyrim there's no need, the sorting container system General Stores is used by other scripts and you manually put the crap you don't want into a general container and then it sorts it to other containers, so there is no need to favorite stuff, I think. I was comparing the Underground Hideout from New Vegas to the auto-storage from Skyrim and stating what makes the Skyrim one superior, and that I wished there was something similar for NV.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12231 on: June 01, 2015, 06:10:15 am »

I've been playing a fair bit of Skyrim with SPERG, Apocalypse, and ASIS. I keep alternating between feeling very strong and very weak--probably because it's way, way to easy to get in a crafting loop by breaking down loot for smithing. I'll probably be firmly overpowered once I find another dungeon to grind for soul gems and start up an enchanting loop.

It may be SPERG scaling things weirdly, but I can't tell at all how balanced Apocalypses' spells are. Ocato's Recital seems straight up overpowered, not to mention perfectly scaling, however convenient it is. And then there are the melee elemental spells which are more interesting than the standard flamethrower models, but don't seem very effective.

Heh, half the reason I got that mod was for Octato's Recital. Before that I was using that one that made the passive mage armor &c. spells permanent-duration with upkeep costs in the form of a smaller magicka pool to cast other things from, and this way is decidedly less annoying (though obviously both are better than the vanilla "never use any of the passive buff spells because who wants to cast them for every encounter").

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12232 on: June 01, 2015, 09:50:21 am »

In that case why not use Smart Spells? I have it so that it casts ebonyflesh when I enter combat. It does however also do it if I don't notice the enemies, so ambushes become obvious; which may ruin immersion for you.

Or there's an option to cast the spell (no animation needed), by assigning the spell to an item and then hotkey-ing the item.

The third option is to assign all your spells to a single spell so you only need to cast one instead of several.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12233 on: June 01, 2015, 10:02:04 am »

iirc SPERG has a perk which makes armor spells toggle on/off

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12234 on: June 01, 2015, 02:35:14 pm »

In that case why not use Smart Spells? I have it so that it casts ebonyflesh when I enter combat. It does however also do it if I don't notice the enemies, so ambushes become obvious; which may ruin immersion for you.

Or there's an option to cast the spell (no animation needed), by assigning the spell to an item and then hotkey-ing the item.

The third option is to assign all your spells to a single spell so you only need to cast one instead of several.

That mod is OP as shit. Put fast heal on when less than 20% health. Invincible.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: June 01, 2015, 04:14:31 pm »

So uh... don't put fast heal on autocast?  ::)

Don't forget magicka either.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: June 08, 2015, 03:19:19 pm »

Ah, so I think I have a mod problem. Archery on a horse displayed the aiming reticle for a day or two, then the reticle disappeared and hasn't come back since. It's toggled on everywhere I can think to check, and this is a very common problem from what I can tell. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Most threads either have no response, "it magically fixed itself somehow lolol" or "there never was a reticle", which is incorrect.

I'm using SkyUI, SKSE, Convenient Horses, the 3 DLC's and all Unofficial patches. Nothing else.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: June 09, 2015, 12:00:24 am »

So, the other day I put in my friend's GTX 970 4gb (his isn't factory overclocked, the one I bought that comes tomorrow is and mine is a newer GTX 970 model)...

Right now I just have a GTX 660 2gb

And 100% of my crashes were gone.

Same exact load order, same exact mods (nearly 200 mods)...my FPS went WAY up to 60 fps (with ENB+parallax and a lot of intensive mods). I could zoom around the world SUPER fast...WITH NO SLOW DOWNS OR FREEZES. I ran super speed from solitude, to whiterun, to windhelm, to riften, to windhelm, to that mage city and finally to whiterun and ended back at Solitude. Even going near large battles with mods that add huge stormcloak vs imperial battles...no slow downs at all.

Not one crash, not one freeze and not one lock up.

And I did this for 3 hours.

I put back in my GTX 660 2gb card, as my friend didn't want to give me his :P...and suddenly I'm crashing again within 5-15 minutes of game time.

So, if anyone crashes because of mods...most likely its not enough video ram and not a powerful enough card. Unless you have enough video ram already, but for me that was the only cause of my crashes. I have almost 200 mods, and my 660 crashes ALL the time on Skyrim to make it unplayable. With my friend's 4gb 970...not one slow down at all, not one crash, not one freeze for 3 hours and that is running super fast on high time scale.

I of course have ENB boost and SKSE memory patch. But those didn't solve the crashing for me. Also, when I was checking my GPU stats...forgot what program I used...but I noticed video ram spiked to maximum really quickly when playing Skyrim. It went to 2.5-3gb on my friend's 970, but no crashes or slow downs and never went past 3gb usage.

So 2gb is NOT enough for a heavily modded, high-end texture, ENB game
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:31:21 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: June 12, 2015, 08:51:50 pm »

I don't know how to tell you this, but I ran Skyrim on my 512mb card with max graphics back in the day. My 1GB card also runs it fine, though with a higher framerate.

Sounds like the problem with your card, not with the amount of video RAM.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: June 13, 2015, 01:33:48 am »

A) Many mods, probably some to have higher resolution textures
B) Where can you even get a 512MB card?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 896