Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558423 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12465 on: February 12, 2016, 04:29:01 pm »

TBH those mods that let you up dragon attacks to being something like four or five at once were a lot of fun, once you got to the point where one or two were just an annoyance.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: February 12, 2016, 04:53:37 pm »

Dragons are always annoyances because you gain 30-50 carry weight every time, compulsively, unless you're a weenie and aren't collecting trophies / smithing materials for the far, far future.
Black lives matter.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: February 12, 2016, 05:32:30 pm »

I actually hated getting side tracked by Random Dragon Fight 87 on my way to do something else, so I disabled random dragon attacks and installed one that positioned a bunch of (new species of) dragons around the map manually. Since they didn't scale by level, it made early games quite challenging, while making late-game a good deal more satisfying.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: February 12, 2016, 05:54:24 pm »

Whenever I see a dragon, it usually just fucks off into the sunset as soon as possible. So in order to actually fight the dragon and get the shit I want, I have to wait until it finishes roasting wolves and goats so that it'll actually come back to me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: February 12, 2016, 06:06:05 pm »

Some of the best fun I've had was the one mod that amplified dragon power levels by hundreds of times. So fights against them would take actual hours.

Glorious times.

Of course, the Skyrim combat system being as crap as it is... well... it basically boiled down to whack enemy on foot until dead.

If Skyrim had Dragon's Dogma's combat it'd be awesome as all hell.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: February 12, 2016, 07:17:01 pm »

If Skyrim had combat it'd be awesome as all hell.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: February 12, 2016, 07:34:29 pm »

Good joke
Black lives matter.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12472 on: February 12, 2016, 09:18:00 pm »

titty window
Yeah, that bothered me too, I mean... you're going to get a fucking sunburn lady and in your case this is going to be pretty bad sunburn.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: February 12, 2016, 10:12:16 pm »

She should be dead, but Skyrim cheats and has "lolno your powers just suck in sunlight and feeding weakens you so MEH.
Black lives matter.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: February 12, 2016, 10:18:24 pm »

She should be dead, but Skyrim cheats and has "lolno your powers just suck in sunlight and feeding weakens you so MEH.

Ah, the good ol' days of Sun Damage (2) as a vampire in Oblivion.
I remember drawing up plans to make myself as a playable race - being a redhead, I burn super easily, so I was gonna give the race Sun Damage (1).

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: February 12, 2016, 11:17:40 pm »

TBH those mods that let you up dragon attacks to being something like four or five at once were a lot of fun, once you got to the point where one or two were just an annoyance.

Dragon attacks are always just an annoyance, other than maybe the very first scripted one depending on when you do it.

It's probably my biggest problem with the game, the dragons are presented as this massive threat that will destroy everything and you're the only one who can save skyrim, and yet they are comically underpowered - not even just compared to you (which would make sense) but to the point where a single random troll, or a camp full of bandits, or 2 city guards can destroy them without any help from you.

Anyway, adreanne avenecci(sp?) the lady blacksmith in whiterun died in my game and I have no idea how. I hadn't been to whiterun in at least an ingame week (or longer) since I was doing mage guild stuff. When I left, I'm pretty sure everything was fine (no dragon or vampire attack) and when I came back, I just fast traveled there and a courier told me she was dead. Does anyone know what might have happened? I know she dies a lot in vampire attacks (because she's right by the door) but I'm 90% sure there was no vampire attack that killed her while I was there.  I tried to use the moveto command to see where she died but it was already too late and she was in that strange NPC graveyard room.

I thought the game didn't really simulate the world when you were gone so people couldn't die "off-screen", but maybe it's something special with dawnguard? Or maybe a vampire did kill her and somehow I didn't notice (it seems pretty unlikely but I guess possible)

annoying because I liked to sell stuff to her since she was right there :(

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: February 13, 2016, 12:42:01 am »

Dragon attacks are always just an annoyance, other than maybe the very first scripted one depending on when you do it.

It's probably my biggest problem with the game, the dragons are presented as this massive threat that will destroy everything and you're the only one who can save skyrim, and yet they are comically underpowered - not even just compared to you (which would make sense) but to the point where a single random troll, or a camp full of bandits, or 2 city guards can destroy them without any help from you.

eHHH, if I'm not uberfocussing myself, there's this 4-5 level window where I've started getting the next tier of dragons but don't have that much damage or health, where I am in legitimate danger from them. Especially near Winterhold & Dawnstar, which I SWEAR get attacked by a dragon every time I go there.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: February 13, 2016, 01:19:26 am »

Dragons

Try the Skyrim Immersive Creatures mod. It adds new dragon types (Dwemer Steam Dragon...) and scatters some minor draconoids around that WILL end you. Among lots of other nifty critters all over the place.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: February 13, 2016, 01:22:30 am »

Dwemer what
Draconwhat
Black lives matter.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: February 13, 2016, 01:36:14 am »

Well if I told you it would ruin the !!surprise!! now, wouldn't it?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 896