Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558870 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12615 on: April 30, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »

AND NOW I AM BECOME THE DOUCHEBAG
THE ANNOYER OF WORLDS
Probably going to see this added to 50 signatures by this time tomorrow.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12616 on: July 07, 2016, 05:19:29 pm »

So, would this be considered as worth the revive?  It's only german right now, but I'm slightly tempted to jump in and play it anyway.  Maybe there'll be some subtitles I can use or I could simply stumble through it blindly.  Heck, if it turns out I could run it and a stream on my laptop, I might wind up doing that to chronicle the confusion.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: July 07, 2016, 05:57:25 pm »

Nice. I loved Nehrim, so I have high expectations for this one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12618 on: July 13, 2016, 10:02:22 am »

Wooo! 256 pages! A nice round-number milestone!

Ahem.

Yeah, neherim did stuff to oblivion that was interesting. Skyrim's engine has even more untapped potential, I'm looking forward to see what they did to it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: August 04, 2016, 12:38:23 pm »

There's a redone version of Skyrim coming out and it's going to be free for those that own Skyrim+all the DLC (The free part is why I bothered to post this.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/489830/

Neat I guess? Probably just going to be graphical enhancement\better stuff for consoles, but I guess I'll play it for free.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:44:59 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12620 on: August 04, 2016, 01:12:27 pm »

There's a redone version of Skyrim coming out and it's going to be free for those that own Skyrim+all the DLC (The free part is why I bothered to post this.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/489830/

Neat I guess? Probably just going to be graphical enhancement\better stuff for consoles, but I guess I'll play it for free.
It's pretty much a new gen rerelease, yeah. Still, pretty neat, and shows how well this game sold.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: August 04, 2016, 01:59:57 pm »

Be a little neat if they incorporated a Skyrim version of the Fallout 4 settlement system.  I know there are mods that do that, but something inbuilt may be nice.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12622 on: August 04, 2016, 03:25:39 pm »

Main issue with this is going to be that, due to the changes in the engine, SKSE isn't going to work on the new version so will need to be at least partially rebuilt, so any mods reliant on it won't be able to be converted to work on the new version for a significant time. Also while the new version of the construction kit is supposedly going to be able to convert existing mods to function on the new version, I suspect that there will be issues, particularly with graphics mods that effect the areas being changed by the new version.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: August 04, 2016, 04:00:28 pm »

Be a little neat if they incorporated a Skyrim version of the Fallout 4 settlement system.  I know there are mods that do that, but something inbuilt may be nice.

Considering how hollow the Blades recruitment bit of the game is I would be surprised if they didn't try to fit something like that in.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:02:02 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12624 on: August 04, 2016, 04:03:44 pm »

Considering how hollow the Blades recruitment bit of the game is I would be surprised if they didn't try to fit something like that in.
I dunno. It's probably quite a bit of work atop a full graphical rehaul.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: August 04, 2016, 05:27:18 pm »

That's why we're getting that instead of a new Elder Scrolls Game :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: August 04, 2016, 05:39:32 pm »

That's why we're getting that instead of a new Elder Scrolls Game :P
Hey now, we got Oblivion!
And Skyrim, for those who care about graphics.

Morrowind fans will continue to enjoy their ugly, magically mechanic-filled realm.

It's kinda weird how Oblivion looks so horrible, now.  It's not just low-fi, it's possibly the best example of uncanny-valley I've seen.
A good argument for why we maybe shouldn't try to recreate reality in video games.
Glad the new generations of consoles seem to be stumbling into side utility instead of increasing "fidelity".  As if I give a shit after the PS2 level of graphics.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: August 04, 2016, 06:40:39 pm »

Skyrim already sort of had a building mechanic with Hearthfire, not sure how they'd up that in Skyrim's setting.

Also not sure why everyone thinks new mechanics will show up. All the information I've seen just talks about the graphical upgrades and bringing mods to console versions.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: August 04, 2016, 07:10:23 pm »

Skyrim already sort of had a building mechanic with Hearthfire, not sure how they'd up that in Skyrim's setting.

Also not sure why everyone thinks new mechanics will show up. All the information I've seen just talks about the graphical upgrades and bringing mods to console versions.

Quote from: Steam Page
New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience.

I misread this as actual new content in this special edition. Probably because advertising "Mods" as a cool new thing for Skyrim is pretty silly.
Wasteland 1 & 2

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12629 on: August 04, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »

Not when you consider that Bethesda's own mod site is now up and running. Modding is a marketable feature because they can control it at the source now. It's part of the official platform, so it's ok to mention it in the official marketing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 896