Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550208 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12720 on: August 14, 2016, 09:41:52 am »

I am going to make a prediction. Now that we have one Dragon Born

We are probably going to be seeing a lot more of them from now on :P
The main character of this game is called the last dragonborn.
Yeah, it says he's the Last Dragonborn right next to the part where Alduin eats the world...

I mean, fairly enough, we don't really know if s/he is fertile but eh...

Especially my character, who I've modded so he wears an amulet of Mara 24/7. And always has Blessing of Dibella ((Also known as the Wokka-Wokka effect))
I wanted to say something about Loverslab and other deviant mods and stuff... but then I realized that using them is A-Okay in lore because CHIM.
Dragonborn literally changes the world so s/he can fuck and have kids. CHIM is scary.

Nazi Elves
Only the middle and lower ranks of the Thalmor are Nazi Elves. The actual objective of the Thalmor isn't elven supremacy, but to undo creation so that everything becomes like it was before Lorkhan talked everyone into making Mundus.
They want to undo creation because they were happily floating in non-existence before creation and if they undo it they will return to doing exactly that.
Humans on the other hand will stop existing.

Yeah they're Nazi Elves, complete with genocide and achieving Übermer.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12721 on: August 14, 2016, 09:50:52 am »

Yeah, it says he's the Last Dragonborn right next to the part where Alduin eats the world...

Especially my character, who I've modded so he wears an amulet of Mara 24/7. And always has Blessing of Dibella ((Also known as the Wokka-Wokka effect))
I wanted to say something about Loverslab and other deviant mods and stuff... but then I realized that using them is A-Okay in lore because CHIM.
Dragonborn literally changes the world so s/he can fuck and have kids. CHIM is scary.
Okay, look: the dragonborn didn't achieve CHIM. Very, very few individuals have, and I can only remember two off the top of my head: Tiber Septim and Vivec (Dagoth Ur/Voryn Dagoth managed what can only be described as anti-CHIM). The player character can breed however much they feel like, their kids won't be dragonborn. A dragonborn is created when Akatosh swaps someone's soul (usually at birth, though the dragonborn emperors did that during the Lighting of the Dragonfires instead) with that of a dragon, because reasons (usually to set up a predator for his dragons or outright insanity or both).

Nazi Elves
Only the middle and lower ranks of the Thalmor are Nazi Elves. The actual objective of the Thalmor isn't elven supremacy, but to undo creation so that everything becomes like it was before Lorkhan talked everyone into making Mundus.
They want to undo creation because they were happily floating in non-existence before creation and if they undo it they will return to doing exactly that.

Nah, humans will also go back to being lesser spirits along with the elves. It's just that cyro-nords worship TalOS, who is kind of a big deal in keeping the world around. Also gotta deactivate them Towers, and humans kind of live around a bunch of them (two are active by the time of TES5: Snow-Throat (The Throat of the World, y'know - the big mountain with the greybeards) and Walk-Brass (Numidium). C0DA shows that the Thalmor failed because the Numidium was still around at the end of the 5th Era.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12722 on: August 14, 2016, 10:03:48 am »

Thought the Numidium was nuked in Daggerfall by a Dragon Break...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: August 14, 2016, 10:06:05 am »

No, it caused the Dragon Break, as it is wont to do. Then it traveled to the 5th Era once everyone was done using it to make paradoxes and kinda kickstarted the destruction of Nirn.

... why do I know all this stuff?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12724 on: August 14, 2016, 10:11:05 am »

Okay, look: the dragonborn didn't achieve CHIM. Very, very few individuals have, and I can only remember two off the top of my head: Tiber Septim and Vivec (Dagoth Ur/Voryn Dagoth managed what can only be described as anti-CHIM). The player character can breed however much they feel like, their kids won't be dragonborn. A dragonborn is created when Akatosh swaps someone's soul (usually at birth, though the dragonborn emperors did that during the Lighting of the Dragonfires instead) with that of a dragon, because reasons (usually to set up a predator for his dragons or outright insanity or both).
Ability to save, use the console and mod the game says otherwise. Basically every hero of any TES game achieved it, Tiber and Vivec are just two NPCs who apparently had similar abilities. Dagoth-Ur and the rest of Tribunal might have did it, but they were proably just regular gods.
The second part is more fair game, but eh, Septims were Dragonborn because of their "Dragon Blood", but since in-world explanations are that it was an one-time deal with Akatosh, this might be as well true... or not.

Nazi Elves

Nah, humans will also go back to being lesser spirits along with the elves. It's just that cyro-nords worship TalOS, who is kind of a big deal in keeping the world around. Also gotta deactivate them Towers, and humans kind of live around a bunch of them (two are active by the time of TES5: Snow-Throat (The Throat of the World, y'know - the big mountain with the greybeards) and Walk-Brass (Numidium). C0DA shows that the Thalmor failed because the Numidium was still around at the end of the 5th Era.
Walk-Brass got literally dissapeared during Daggerfall and thanks to that it can't be destroyed... There are bunch of others but as far as I am aware a lot of them are in unknown state.
Also...
Quote from: Aldmeri commentary on Talos
To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison. To achieve this goal, we must:

Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once traveled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.
Yep, genocide, not being lesser spirits.

EDIT1:
No, it caused the Dragon Break, as it is wont to do. Then it traveled to the 5th Era once everyone was done using it to make paradoxes and kinda kickstarted the destruction of Nirn.
Except the same text says that we "must know love" (FUCKING DUNMERI CHIM SHIT VIVEC GODDAMNIT) to avoid the "Landfall" (mentioned destruction of Nirn), so it's open question if the destruction is something that must happen in near future... also it mentions Dunmer on fucking moon, possibly also Khajit.

EDIT2:
Remember that there is another, alternate timeline that spans at least until 9nth Era and includes "Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform" sent back in time and hidden under Sarthaal and other sci-fi shit. Fucking Dragon Breaks and alternate timeline shit. TES Lore is way too confusing outside games.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:20:12 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12725 on: August 14, 2016, 10:33:50 am »

Am I the only one who thinks that it might have been a better use of time to, y'know, direct all that writing towards the actual games, not the trippy background details?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12726 on: August 14, 2016, 10:47:23 am »

Every obscure lore piece (5th Era, 9th Era, Nazi Elves Mein Kampf) in this discussion comes from one dude (Michael Kirkbride) and is pretty old. It's pretty fun, tho.
Imperial Library has all canon stuff.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12727 on: August 14, 2016, 11:02:53 am »

Hey, let's discuss something a little less mind-bending:

So, what happened to the Dwemer?

((Trolololololol.))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12728 on: August 14, 2016, 11:11:37 am »

((Trolololololol.))
They decided the universe was stupid so they left?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12729 on: August 14, 2016, 11:23:13 am »

What about the Adamantine Tower?

Also, "something less confusing" is invalid because that would imply the disappearance of the Dwemer is something else than what we're currently discussing, while it's actually closely related :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: August 14, 2016, 11:25:13 am »

Protagonists didn't achieve chim.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12731 on: August 14, 2016, 11:39:21 am »

They used the Heart of Lorkhan and Sunder, Wraithguard and Keening to fuck off into another plane of existence (especially proable because that one Dwemer guy was in even different one and wasn't dissapeared)/other time. There is quest in Skyrim during which you can help a dude to repeat that and though it never really explains what happened, you can later summon his shade.

Not sure, but if it's still standing when Skyrim takes place, it's really endangered considering that Thalmor is now controlling large parts of Hammerfell and the isle it's on is nearby.

Protagonists didn't achieve chim.
Yeah, they did.
Vivek is only confirmed person who achieved it, with Talos being heavilly suspected but basically if you ever use console, savegames, modding in your game then VOILA YOUR CHARACTER IS CHIMMING AS FUCK IT'S THAT SIMPLE, considering that CHIM is basically OOC explanation of stuff like that happening. Hell, the Vivec himself in his writings tries to explain things like savescumming after dying in character (which is why it's so fucking retarded if you read it without realizing what it's about) not to mention shittons of vague references to console commands and pausing the game and main argument for Talos achieving CHIM is that he used Creation Kit to remove jungles from Cyrodill because lel why not.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: August 14, 2016, 11:49:45 am »

Putnam can pop in at any time to correct me, if he feels like it.

Ability to save, use the console and mod the game says otherwise. Basically every hero of any TES game achieved it, Tiber and Vivec are just two NPCs who apparently had similar abilities. Dagoth-Ur and the rest of Tribunal might have did it, but they were proably just regular gods.
The second part is more fair game, but eh, Septims were Dragonborn because of their "Dragon Blood", but since in-world explanations are that it was an one-time deal with Akatosh, this might be as well true... or not.
CHIM is not using the console. The TES universe is literally a dream. It's being dreamed by an Amaranth, a Godhead, (Anu). Every now and then, people realize they are part of a dream. For most of them, it goes somewhat like this: "This is a dream. I am part of the dream. Dreams are not real. Thus, I am not real.". Then they zero sum ( -1 + 1 = 0), which can be messy at times. Rarely, very rarely, they instead go: "This is a dream. I am part of the dream. The dream is part of the dreamer's mind. Thus, I am part of the dreamer.". Since they are part of the dreamer, they can manipulate the dream to some extent. That is CHIM. Dagoth Ur is unique because his logic was a bit... different. It went something like: "This is a dream. I am dreaming. This is my dream. I am the dreamer.". Which is why his followers are called dreamers and sleepers, and they keep saying THE SLEEPER AWAKES.

Walk-Brass got literally dissapeared during Daggerfall and thanks to that it can't be destroyed... There are bunch of others but as far as I am aware a lot of them are in unknown state.
There were a bunch of others. The Thalmor deactivated most of them. Let's make a little list so people are not confused.
Code: [Select]
Zero/Ada-mantia: The Adamantine Tower - Stone: The “Impossipoint” of the Convention - Status: Unknown
Red: Red Mountain - Stone: The Heart of Lorkhan - Status: Deactivated by Nerevarine
White-Gold: White-Gold Tower - Stone: Amulet of Kings - Status: Deactivated by Martin
Snow-Throat: The Throat of the World - Stone: Some Cavern - Status: Active, but damaged
Crystal-Like-Law: Crystal Tower - Stone: Unknown - Status: Destroyed by daedra during the Oblivion Crisis
Orichalc: Somewhere in Yokuda - Stone: Unknown - Status: Very much destroyed by sword-saints cutting atoms.
Tree-Sap: Falinesti? - Stone: Unknown - Status: Deep in Thalmor territory, so deactivated.
Khajiit: The Mane Moon - Stone: The Mane? - Status: Deactivated (likely by Thalmor) during the Void Nights when the Mane was assassinated and the moons vanished for some time.
Walk-Brass: (A)Numidium - Stone: Mantella? - Status: Besieging reality in the 5th Era.
Tower Zero aside, there are only two Towers around.

Also...
To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison. To achieve this goal, we must:

Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once traveled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.
Sort of. The genocide is to remove TalOS (I just have too much fan typing it out like this). Reguards, for one, are not particularly being targeted by the Thalmor (other than to try and get them on their side) because they are not fans of ol' Doom Drum. Cyro-Nords, on the other hand, are all about Lorkhan (Shor, Shezarr, Talos).

Except the same text says that we "must know love" (FUCKING DUNMERI CHIM SHIT VIVEC GODDAMNIT) to avoid the "Landfall" (mentioned destruction of Nirn), so it's open question if the destruction is something that must happen in near future... also it mentions Dunmer on fucking moon, possibly also Khajit.
I mean, it's pretty damn obvious. A lot of MK texts look like they are full of hidden meaning and metaphors when actually... it's exactly what you are reading. Vivec's a huge pervert. The love thing is probably a reference to how Vivec gives birth to the next Amaranth (Tosh-Raka (who goes back in time and becomes the Dragon-King of Ka Po Tun, I guess?)). Anyway, the Numidium takes part in destroying Nirn, with Hammerfell's destruction being outright stated to be its/their work.

Remember that there is another, alternate timeline that spans at least until 9nth Era and includes "Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform" sent back in time and hidden under Sarthaal and other sci-fi shit. Fucking Dragon Breaks and alternate timeline shit. TES Lore is way too confusing outside games.
I'm pretty sure KINMUNE, chronomancers and such are all 5th Era stuff. Remember that while the whole "Era" cycle is more or less the same in number across Kalpas, how long they take is (apparently) not.

((Trolololololol.))
They became the Numidium. They didn't like being several degrees below the divine, so they made themselves divine. By becoming a giant, time-wrecking mecha.

Not sure, but if it's still standing when Skyrim takes place, it's really endangered considering that Thalmor is now controlling large parts of Hammerfell and the isle it's on is nearby.
Adamantine Tower is Auri-El's spaceship. Also the Thalmor got their ass handed to them by the Redguards.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: August 14, 2016, 12:04:58 pm »

((Trolololololol.))
Oh you think that's trolling?
PC players achieved CHIM but not console plebs :P

More seriously, I think that modders can be said to have achieved CHIM.  Just using mods isn't enough, though, it's still someone elses dream.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12734 on: August 14, 2016, 12:34:01 pm »

CHIM is not using the console. The TES universe is literally a dream. It's being dreamed by an Amaranth, a Godhead, (Anu). Every now and then, people realize they are part of a dream. For most of them, it goes somewhat like this: "This is a dream. I am part of the dream. Dreams are not real. Thus, I am not real.". Then they zero sum ( -1 + 1 = 0), which can be messy at times. Rarely, very rarely, they instead go: "This is a dream. I am part of the dream. The dream is part of the dreamer's mind. Thus, I am part of the dreamer.". Since they are part of the dreamer, they can manipulate the dream to some extent. That is CHIM. Dagoth Ur is unique because his logic was a bit... different. It went something like: "This is a dream. I am dreaming. This is my dream. I am the dreamer.". Which is why his followers are called dreamers and sleepers, and they keep saying THE SLEEPER AWAKES.
Dream = the game. Protagonist are unique because they are controlled by players which know that the game is not real and thus CHIM the fuck out and start changing world.

((Trolololololol.))
Oh you think that's trolling?
PC players achieved CHIM but not console plebs :P

More seriously, I think that modders can be said to have achieved CHIM.  Just using mods isn't enough, though, it's still someone elses dream.
Eh, you're changing the dream, also I guess console would count too, unles that is another kind of magic or something. Also, what sane person has played TES game and never used Creation Kits? :s

Also...

Sort of. The genocide is to remove TalOS (I just have too much fan typing it out like this). Reguards, for one, are not particularly being targeted by the Thalmor (other than to try and get them on their side) because they are not fans of ol' Doom Drum. Cyro-Nords, on the other hand, are all about Lorkhan (Shor, Shezarr, Talos).

I'm pretty sure KINMUNE, chronomancers and such are all 5th Era stuff. Remember that while the whole "Era" cycle is more or less the same in number across Kalpas, how long they take is (apparently) not.
It explictly states 9th era.

((Trolololololol.))
They became the Numidium. They didn't like being several degrees below the divine, so they made themselves divine. By becoming a giant, time-wrecking mecha.
What the fuck did happen to this dude, then? Did he became a part of Numidium retro/futuroactively?
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 896