Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558221 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12765 on: August 16, 2016, 06:16:40 am »

Hey, lets open a new topic for discussion: Where do you hope TES 6 is going to take place? Im hoping Blackmarsh, since its one of the more fleshed-out locations we've never seen.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: August 16, 2016, 06:23:20 am »

Elsweyr, because the lush jungles and harsh deserts are about as far away from Skyrim's cold tundra as you can get. Also, the Khajiit have tonnes of wacky lore that could be interesting. Failing that, Valenwood, because moving city-trees.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12767 on: August 16, 2016, 06:42:06 am »

I'd like to see Hammerfell. Maybe a small coastal section, so there's more of a tropical feel and less like they painted Skyrim over with sand and called it a desert.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12768 on: August 16, 2016, 06:46:45 am »

Elsweyr, because the lush jungles and harsh deserts are about as far away from Skyrim's cold tundra as you can get. Also, the Khajiit have tonnes of wacky lore that could be interesting.
Meow meow, Renrij.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12769 on: August 16, 2016, 07:17:46 am »

I was kind of hoping for something different, like Summerset Isles or Valenwood. I have little interest in Elsweyr personally. Black Marsh could be interesting.

Or a return to Morrowind 3-400 years after the original.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: August 16, 2016, 08:16:32 am »

If the next game is in Elsweyr, my characters going to be a Scooma dealer.... and thats about it.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: August 16, 2016, 08:26:30 am »

I thought a game focusing on both Valenwood and Elsweyr would be interesting, what with the border conflicts between the bosmer and khajiit. Though, that thought was made back during Oblivion and I can't remember what the current political state is between the two provinces. Looking at a map of Tamriel, Valenwood and Elsweyr together are roughly the same size as Cyrodiil.

Mostly I would like to see another area with a uniquely styled culture. A jungle, swamp or the Summerset Isle would be interesting to explore if the artists go full hog like they did with Morrowind and the Ashlanders.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: August 16, 2016, 08:40:23 am »

One more for Elsweyr. It would be lovely, and a nice change of scenery. Also Khajiits Good old Khajiits. Khajiit can go home again. It is good, for Khajiit does not know why he left.

Plus, while Morrowind still holds the weird, alien province champion title, Elsweyr can probably provide. We've had two fairly grounded settings and that was very lovely, but some weird and feline would be fun.

@Mech#4:

Far as I know, Valenwood and Elsweyr are both under Thalmor rule. The Bosmer were invaded while the Khajiit had a coup. Far as I know, the moons disappeared for a year (not good news if you're a Khajiit), and the Thalmor supposedly magiced them back, which gave them popular support. Elsweyr split back into its two former kingdoms (Pellitine and Anequina), while the Bosmer's spent most of recent history getting kicked about by the Thalmor. Forecast: unstable with a chance of political intrigue.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: August 16, 2016, 08:44:36 am »

Mostly I would like to see another area with a uniquely styled culture. A jungle, swamp or the Summerset Isle would be interesting to explore if the artists go full hog like they did with Morrowind and the Ashlanders.
Seconded. My first impulse is to say Elsweyr because getting hopped up on Moon Sugar and messing with the Lunar Lattice sounds fun, but on second thought Blackmarsh would also be pretty great. Interesting swamp creatures, the Hist, and more chances to expand on underwater locations. I want more sunken temples, dammit! Hells, I want to interact with an honest-to-Vehk Dreugh kingdom.

That'd be easier if the game was set in the distant past rather than after Skyrim, I suppose. Just after the end of the Merethic?
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12774 on: August 16, 2016, 08:51:58 am »

Seconded. My first impulse is to say Elsweyr because getting hopped up on Moon Sugar and messing with the Lunar Lattice sounds fun, but on second thought Blackmarsh would also be pretty great. Interesting swamp creatures, the Hist, and more chances to expand on underwater locations. I want more sunken temples, dammit! Hells, I want to interact with an honest-to-Vehk Dreugh kingdom.

That'd be easier if the game was set in the distant past rather than after Skyrim, I suppose. Just after the end of the Merethic?
Unlikely. That's more spin-off territory. Anyway, Bethesda said TES6 is not coming that soon. They've got, apparently, two projects they want to do before that, and will only announce it about 6 or so months before release.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12775 on: August 16, 2016, 12:10:11 pm »

They've got, apparently, two projects they want to do before that
Wasn't that before they made F4?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12776 on: August 16, 2016, 12:16:20 pm »

They've got, apparently, two projects they want to do before that
Wasn't that before they made F4?
Nope
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12777 on: August 16, 2016, 12:17:53 pm »

Oh, okay.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: August 16, 2016, 01:02:52 pm »

I hope to dear god it's a new engine.

And if it's a new engine it's as easy to mod as this one.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: August 16, 2016, 01:09:22 pm »

I only had two complaints about the skyrim engine:

1) Scripts are data, so now you need to distribute a BSA with any mod that uses them and you can't edit scripts inside the creation kit.
2) Clicking on things to select them in the console seems to not work anymore, this is a major annoyance. On the other hand "help" is actually useful, so it's a wash.

Graphics were nothing to write home about, but they weren't bad either.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 896