Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558516 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13065 on: November 04, 2016, 08:23:29 pm »

It's totally ok that you don't know that masterrace is an actual term we use to refer to ourselves here in PC utopia.

You're a console user, after all.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: November 04, 2016, 08:35:51 pm »

Filthy peasants, witness the true pwoer of PC MASTERRACE!
The inability to spell?
glorious
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: November 04, 2016, 08:43:38 pm »

Egad, I might need to hold off on Skyrim SE until SkyUI gets ported. I forgot how hideous the default menu UI is. The initial opening was good though and it looks better then the HRDLC with better performance so that's good. I might still unpack the texture BSAs and run the textures through an optimizer though. Nice to see the Unofficial patch got merged into a mega patch and was already released.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: November 04, 2016, 09:34:28 pm »

Even with SkyUI, sometimes I'll click on a dialogue option and it'll just blatantly pick the one two or three down on the list from the one I wanted.

Even with a controller I don't see how the original inventory UI could be anything but agony.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: November 04, 2016, 09:55:56 pm »

Even with SkyUI, sometimes I'll click on a dialogue option and it'll just blatantly pick the one two or three down on the list from the one I wanted.
I didn't know SkyUI was supposed to affect that.  I used to use this, though oddly, it looks like I forgot to reinstall it last time I tweaked my set of mod installations.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: November 04, 2016, 10:06:21 pm »

I honestly forget whether skyUI changes the dialogue buttons. Come to think of it, I believe it actually doesn't.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: November 04, 2016, 11:48:32 pm »

Even with a controller I don't see how the original inventory UI could be anything but agony.

I get that, though more often when scrolling through the blacksmithing menus. Sometimes the highlighted option isn't the same as the one the mouse is over so when you select it goes to the wrong option.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: November 09, 2016, 01:23:27 am »

It's amazing how much this game can pull you back in after months and even years of inactivity. Right now I'm basically trying to make Havel the Rock in Skyrim, two handed hammers, heavy armour, levelling up nothing but health, the good stuff.  I'm blitzing smithing so I can get get dragon bone armour/weapons right after I talk to Jarl Balgruuf.

Hadn't actually done Namira's Daedric quest before, or maybe it's been so long since the one time. Figured I might as well throw in a bit of Executioner Smough into the mix. Does anybody else kill and eat the cannibal cult after getting the ring? It just seems like such a clear choice after all the Draugr shit you're made to go through.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: November 09, 2016, 03:39:20 am »

I get that, though more often when scrolling through the blacksmithing menus. Sometimes the highlighted option isn't the same as the one the mouse is over so when you select it goes to the wrong option.
There's a mod for that. For the original game at least. If the Special Edition uses the same dialogue engine it might not even need porting.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27371/?

Also, I found a reason to hate the Nintendo Switch. (yes, just the one reason. I like the thing, m'kay? :P) The teaser trailer reminded me that Skyrim is a thing I have on Steam, and made me download a few extra mods and play it again. Now I can't get anything done. ;_;
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:41:00 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: November 09, 2016, 06:33:00 am »

Do not blame the fish for being caught, but the fisherman who casts his line.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13075 on: November 09, 2016, 06:57:20 pm »

I've got a long-sitting idea for a small TC I'd like to play around with now, but I wonder how much the modding resources have improved? Last I heard the ingame terrain generator didn't even work so you'd have to do large areas by hand, Morrowind style. Or maybe that was Oblivion, and in Skyrim it's the Navmesh generator.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: November 09, 2016, 07:31:46 pm »

I've also had ideas to create a "fishing" mod so you don't have to go swimming to collect fish reagents.

...Dunno how I'm going to swing it, though.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: November 09, 2016, 07:50:27 pm »

... I just assumed that there was actual fishing in Skyrim, and swimming to catch fish with your bare hands was an optional easter egg-esque thing.

Skyrim is a silly game.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: November 09, 2016, 08:34:22 pm »

I've also had ideas to create a "fishing" mod so you don't have to go swimming to collect fish reagents.

The fishin' boat mod. Mod a small fishing boat at every city with a harbor, make it so you have to 'rent' it from a fisherman, then interact with the boat and botta boop, you get randomized fish. Takes 2 hours of real ingame time, for you survival mod users.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: November 09, 2016, 09:15:55 pm »

The first paid mod that was taken down for copyright issues was one of those, actually!
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 896