Bogshire (Blue guys)
- 5 (6.8%)
Stonemeadow (Orange guys)
- 26 (35.6%)
We gonna stick it out on our own!
- 42 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 73

Author Topic: Build a village: A New Hope  (Read 145653 times)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build a village: A New Hope
« Reply #915 on: September 29, 2011, 03:25:47 am »

Hans and Rex should look at the skeleton. We should also try to at least get the woodworking kit.
I think the South Stonemeadow offer is better than the West Bogshire offer, so if we were to accept one we should go with the South Stonemeadow mercantile guild.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:28:19 am by RulerOfNothing »

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 29, 2011, 03:36:38 am »

Hans and Rex should look at the skeleton. We should also try to at least get the woodworking kit.
I think the South Stonemeadow offer is better than the West Bogshire offer, so if we were to accept one we should go with the South Stonemeadow mercantile guild.
This, as well as training Franz as a woodsman and having him litter the forest with traps.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 29, 2011, 03:59:53 am »

southmeadow seems like an good offer.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 29, 2011, 04:21:10 am »

no, remain neutral. we can always crank up more clay crafts later, we cant afford to be in bad terms with either of our neighbours

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 29, 2011, 04:30:05 am »

Actually, we should ask what services the South Stonemeadow mercantile guild can offer us.(seeing as they are offering 50% off on all services)

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 29, 2011, 04:55:44 am »

The problem is, we dont know what the respective traders supply.

so far, we know one is more industrious than the other, because they brought woodworking tools and a spearhead.
The other ones brought seeds, but did however bring a GM sword, but I think till we learn what other items both have, we should remain neutral.

loot the skeleton, grab some orange fruits, look at what seem to be cellerhans over in the top left.
Get anyone spare back at the village gathering food
Sell five spears and a pot of oil, buy the BM spear tip and the woodworking kit, and attach.
 Give spear to next in line in militia

Afaik, green is better than blue?
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 29, 2011, 06:39:06 am »

we cant tell it seems, maybe its the cities versions of the same thing? and stonemeadow sound kinda buildy to me dontcha think?
Quite fucked indeed.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 29, 2011, 06:49:52 am »

Why our people do not want to hunt or gather food?

I need to emphasize we need 2 days of food in stock, at least, before engaging in anything else.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 29, 2011, 06:54:19 am »

well he did say ssomething about big horns claws(wtf)
Quite fucked indeed.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 29, 2011, 06:56:07 am »

well he did say ssomething about big horns claws(wtf)
Aren't there a group of Giant land Jaians in the plains?

Even picking berries would be more productive than what we're doing now.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 29, 2011, 07:00:54 am »

... you know i forgot about the jaians, should we butcher some? (we just got some from the merchants)
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 29, 2011, 07:04:02 am »

... you know i forgot about the jaians, should we butcher some? (we just got some from the merchants)
We didn't get Jaians from the merchant's we got stuff to make a pack jaian minus the jaian, also we have all day to gather food, and one fish haul with a worker, and our fisherman brings in about 30 food. All we need to do is bring in one fish haul, and two jaians, and we should have plenty of food for awhile, and don't forget about our bucket of Jaian milk we could turn into cheese with the right tools.

EDIT: Which reminds me Lincoln you need to put a pot of milk in our inventory screen for it seems you forgot to put it in there.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 29, 2011, 07:04:53 am »

I agree with evilcherry that we should pick the berries that are inside and next to our village.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 29, 2011, 07:42:02 am »

We didn't get Jaians from the merchant's we got stuff to make a pack jaian minus the jaian, also we have all day to gather food, and one fish haul with a worker, and our fisherman brings in about 30 food. All we need to do is bring in one fish haul, and two jaians, and we should have plenty of food for awhile, and don't forget about our bucket of Jaian milk we could turn into cheese with the right tools.

EDIT: Which reminds me Lincoln you need to put a pot of milk in our inventory screen for it seems you forgot to put it in there.
Because we will then have 2 days to spend all hands on if we need something else done really quickly. Our defenses seems to be at least adequate for the threat we are seeing - they can use improvements of course, but will do for now. I admit that we need more living space, but we have the materials to construct them, and we can house everyone by tomorrow sunset. This already accounts for the time needed for food.

One fish haul is just 30 food. We need 66 for a day. That is we need at least 132 in stock to keep the village running (at max efficiency) for two days. Or five hauls. Which is a lot of time.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:44:25 am by evilcherry »

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 29, 2011, 07:59:43 am »

Sorry guys. I can't work up the strength to do it tonight. There may be no updates for another 3 days or so because i have some horrible horrible important work to do. I've answered a few questions to try and tide you over and I might put up a poll on who to side with after i do this post.

I agree with evilcherry that we should pick the berries that are inside and next to our village.
You are picking the berries. IF i recall correctly 3 people are doing it. Franz a worker and Jaian.

If i recall all the milk got drunk a while ago. (I just forgot to remove it)

Afaik, green is better than blue?

I said in the author notes a while ago that it was. It goes: grey < blue < green < yellow < orange < red
I don't know if all of these metals are derived from ores so there is a possability some are made some other way(Magicaly enhancing grey metal)

Actually, we should ask what services the South Stonemeadow mercantile guild can offer us.(seeing as they are offering 50% off on all services)
Services are just things like getting people to come to the village. And extra money that will be charged if you suddenly order something they wouldn't normaly have access to.

The problem is, we dont know what the respective traders supply.
The stonemeadow guys come from the hills so they have more access to metals and stone. And the Bogshire guys are coastal and near the plains so they would have more access to agricultural and fishing products(although they would still have metals through trade with smaller villages or maybe if the other metals are infact obtained in ways that aren't mining).

I am pretty tired right now(like i pretty much always am) so I might sound rude or stuff might not make to much sense.

Edit: My power went out just as I sent that so I am amazed that went through.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:03:40 am by Evil Lincoln »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 73