Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We don't need that huge poll taking up all that space, do we?

Nope.
- 0 (0%)
Definitively not.
- 0 (0%)
I don't think so.
- 0 (0%)
That's for sure.
- 0 (0%)
I'll stop now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!  (Read 58040 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Let's Play Blind(ish)!
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 06:48:54 pm »

Hey, a meter is better than point blank.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 07:40:37 pm »

I Accidentally the Everything

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 08:03:32 pm »

Now What?
A Mini-Update

Spoiler: Breakout (click to show/hide)

Yeah... To me it looks like I have two ways out.

1. Let Dogmeat deal with the super mutant guard on the second floor (Dogmeat is awesome, by the way. Moves at double speed, can hit more than me, and does way more damage than my knife.) and see what's beyond that.
2. Go through the force field and hope that I don't have to go back. I used up my first aid/doctor skills, so no more healing for me.

A third option might also exist, one that I can't see.

You know what? I'll put a poll, so that you guys can decide how I shall make my heroic escape/last stand...

Fjords to Plowshares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 10:14:15 pm »

Fun LP you've got going here.  I'm looking forward to what will probably be the finale.

As for your choices, Dogmeat can probably take an unarmed mutant (it's been long enough that I genuinely don't remember).  The problem is that, practically speaking, there's probably more than one mutant between you and the exit.  Bringing down that one guy isn't likely to save you on its own, and if he runs and wakes up another mutant pack, you're doomed.  Then again, if you walk through the red field there's a good chance you'll instantly die.

You do have an unexamined third option in that elevator.  It's not a way out, but there might be some weapons or something down there.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, 09:10:00 am »

Wasn't there an option to disable forcefields on the run? Or is it just in Fallout 2? :o
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 11:19:20 am »

Wasn't there an option to disable forcefields on the run? Or is it just in Fallout 2? :o
If I recall correctly, there is a way to toggle the yellow gates on and off (either a computer or a remote control/radio), but you get it as early as the front entrance to the place, or from another major quest. But I think with the remote, you have to modify it to operate on the base's frequency in order to toggle the yellow gates (only yellow, I think, or was it only orange?). You might as well just run through them and suffer the 10-25 heath loss per passthrough.

I hate to say it, but I think you're screwed any which way. If you're inside the base, then it's likely the outside is packed to the brim with super mutants (likely minigun armed), unless you have more than enough stimpacks to heal up as you run and can kill at least one at a time. We also can't forget that the top floors have tons of these gates with a few you'd be obligated to run through, even with the remote.

What's nice about the remote control/radio option is that you can turn on the gates before getting a SM's attention and force them to walk through the gate before they can reach you to beat you up. Free damage.

Actually, now that I think of it, I thought a ghoul was supposed to give you one of these radios at the end of a quest helping them out. Them, or some mercs. I forget.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, check out your pip boy's calendar, wherever you are must've taken at least a week to reach.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:38:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 11:28:15 am »

Remember that whole getting caught before I could repair the water pump? Yeah...

Hopefully the update will be today. I haven't actually played it yet, so keep those suggestions coming.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 12:52:03 pm »

For what it's worth I've never gotten out of the situation where you are in all the times I've played Fallout, so, um, good luck and let us know how many times you die? Unless you're only planning on dying the once and calling it a LP.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:53:43 pm by loose nut »

Fjords to Plowshares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 01:27:52 pm »

Yes, but
Basically I concur with my esteemed colleague, you're fucked.  I mean, don't give up hope 'till your corpse hits the floor, but...

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 01:44:53 pm »

I do have a suggestion. It probably won't work. I don't remember trying it, and it's been a while since I've played Fallout.

Go back to the room with the people in robes. Try to pick their pockets first. See if they have anything. Maybe try to kill them. You want a certain item.

For those who have played:

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 02:06:30 pm »

It's been a long time but I do remember the speech option. Unfortunately...

Otherwise, I second the robe-people investigation idea.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 03:00:24 pm »

For what it's worth I've never gotten out of the situation where you are in all the times I've played Fallout, so, um, good luck and let us know how many times you die? Unless you're only planning on dying the once and calling it a LP.

I'm thinking of dying once, and then creating a new character to metagaming the shit out of Fallout. At least until (s)he surpasses Devlin...

Right, I'll be playing the turn right now... Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:31:02 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Let's Play Blind(ish)! Devlin Died Horribly
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 03:59:02 pm »

With not a Whimper but a Bang

Spoiler: Last Hurrah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Kaboom (click to show/hide)

So... What now? If you're wondering, I investigated all the escape routes. The force field was a dead end, just leading to the lieutenant from earlier and a broken down elevator. The supermutant did around 32 damage in one hit. So I did some investigating and found the computer, yadda yadda. Anyways I thought that blowing the place up would be a fitting end for Devlin.

Right, back to the LP. I have two options at this point. Either create a new character and metagame as much as possible, or say that Devlin defeated the supermutants by blowing up their base and start a game of Fallout 2. Both decisions seem equally good to me right now. I'll put up a poll. Of course, if I do continue with Fallout 2, I'll need ideas for another character...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:01:44 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 04:13:09 pm »

Restart the game / load even if you do this only offscreen. You have to finish Fallout 1 before you die. The ending.. They don't do that anymore.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 04:20:19 pm »

Do it again with Devlin's brother, Devlon.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24