Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What shall we play next?

Civilization V
- 14 (28%)
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
- 26 (52%)
Some other idea (please post it in the thread)
- 2 (4%)
Play Apoc again and try not to embarrass yourself this time!
- 7 (14%)
Nothing. The LP was bad and you should feel bad.
- 1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Complete: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse!  (Read 116329 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Ironman/Superhuman X-Com Apocalypse! (Chapter 10)
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2011, 01:38:27 pm »

Ah, finally, my stats seem to be more reflecting of my standing. I could go for a promotion now thanks!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2011, 04:01:42 pm »

Alien air tech level: 0 (Shot down all their UFOs!)
X-Com air tech: 8
This cracked me up. You'd think they'd wave the white flag after that.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:14 pm »

Indeedy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2011, 07:32:41 pm »

They pretty much do. Once you destroy their air-force it is just a matter of going from house to house killing the women and children...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2011, 07:58:39 pm »

Indeedy.
You know, for a more intelligent species/race (as in Sectiods and so on from the last 2 games, and these cellular ones), they'd know there's a losing battle when they see one and at least assimilate to survive.

This is what happens when you try to commit genocide and fail. You, and all of your kind are eradicated entirely (ironically) instead. Whatever happened to diplomacy? Why do you aliens always have to be such dicks?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:32:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2011, 12:50:47 pm »

I just can't play Apocalypse. Played UFO Defense, but I don't like the graphic style and overall complicatedness. (Stun grapples, mind benders, machine guns, sniper rifles, what? In UFO Defense I only had 2 starting weapons!) Speaking of which, do we have an X-Com main thread?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2011, 01:37:15 pm »

in X-com, you had 2 guns which you used. But remember that you had the auto cannon, the heavy cannon, the rifle, the pistol the rocket launcher, the stun rod... apocalypse has more, sure, but UFO defense had more than just 2.

(although for me, there was just one starting weapon, and that was the laser rifle)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2011, 02:30:34 pm »

I forgot about the heavy cannon/autocannon/rocket launcher because I lost them in my current game. Even so, it's easier to figure out what a rocket launcher is than a mind bender and such.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2011, 02:44:38 pm »

I forgot about the heavy cannon/autocannon/rocket launcher because I lost them in my current game. Even so, it's easier to figure out what a rocket launcher is than a mind bender and such.

You eventually get "mind benders" in X-Com 1, they are just called psi-amps.

The nice thing about Apoc is that you can right click on almost anything and go straight to the UFOpedia. There are very few mysterys other than things like "Anything other than lasers make Poppers go boom".
I seem to recall alive aliens turning into dead aliens when you study them, so you should only need the alive 'morph...

I will have to check this... I can research the live one first and see if I get a second dead one.

by the way, with alien grenades you can destroy the alien spawn points, and that stops them from spawning. I found this very useful during the alien queen mission, since it allowed me to take all the time I needed.

I thought that was the case, but we bring so many units into the alien deminsion that it is more fun to just post a squad there and let them get a couple of kills.

They pretty much do. Once you destroy their air-force it is just a matter of going from house to house killing the women and children...

This is probably the biggest threat to X-Com. We have 9 more alien buildings to take out. That is a lot of boring fastforwarding/base raids to sit through.

Cuckoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2011, 05:43:02 pm »

I found this topic when I googled raiding warehouses vs factories to find where I could get better loot because I got on bad terms with a couple organizations. This topic made me register on the forum just so that I could ask for a char in this LP.
When you need a sniper (would be slam to shoot long range from devastator cannon, but really any accuracy-related work is great), feel free to name them Cuckoo. =)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2011, 06:49:35 pm »

I found this topic when I googled raiding warehouses vs factories to find where I could get better loot because I got on bad terms with a couple organizations. This topic made me register on the forum just so that I could ask for a char in this LP.
When you need a sniper (would be slam to shoot long range from devastator cannon, but really any accuracy-related work is great), feel free to name them Cuckoo. =)

Haha, cool. You should really stick around and get to know the community. It is a great place for obscure games and laughs.

I really think that Psiclones are the best loot. So long as you don't let 20 go up on the market at a time the price won't drop. Plus, if you raid one of the gangs the other two gangs will start to like you.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2011, 07:19:28 pm »

Haha, cool. You should really stick around and get to know the community. It is a great place for obscure games and laughs.

I really think that Psiclones are the best loot. So long as you don't let 20 go up on the market at a time the price won't drop. Plus, if you raid one of the gangs the other two gangs will start to like you.

Just curious, what do Psyclones actually do ingame?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2011, 07:21:46 pm »

Absolutely nothing ^^ And welcome Cuckoo!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2011, 07:51:10 pm »

Just curious, what do Psyclones actually do ingame?

They are a drug that helps you through tough times.

They don't do anything, but sell excellently... Although I guess I haven't ever tried to equip one...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2011, 08:09:37 pm »

They sound more like a computer chip you have implanted in your brain stick up your nose pierce your eye with stick into the back of your neck than a drug. But the effect is similar, it is a device that turns imagination into hallucination. Probably similar to a lucid dream...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19