Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF? Current list, including list of fixed bugs: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=94802.msg3089089#msg3089089

impossible mandates (slade - bug #782, blue jay tooth etc - bug #1623) due to strange preferences (wagon wood - bug #3676 etc)
- 19 (3.1%)
bug #3169 - Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 2 (0.3%)
bug #524 - Liquid glob material breath attacks come out solid
- 2 (0.3%)
bug #1346 - Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 13 (2.1%)
bug #2352 - Seasonal ice melting hangs game for a ridiculously long time
- 8 (1.3%)
bug #296 - Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 25 (4.1%)
bug #425 - Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #2481 - Dwarves will claim new clothes when theirs is worn (xClothesx) but not wear it
- 95 (15.7%)
bug #3453 - Baron/etc. cannot appoint baron-appointed nobles, such as the Dungeon Master
- 66 (10.9%)
bug #4025 - Every kobold starves to death at exactly year 4 in world gen
- 41 (6.8%)
bug #3708 - Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings
- 18 (3%)
bug #1498 - Crystal glass items can't be made, CRYSTAL_GLASSABLE appears broken
- 9 (1.5%)
bug #1582 - Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors
- 30 (4.9%)
bug #231 - Body parts from large creatures (bones, meat, leather, tusks, etc) slow workshops down due to clutter
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #197 - No wagons in trader/merchant caravans
- 8 (1.3%)
bug #3942 - Dwarves owning broken clothing. Clothes don't rot, ANNIHILATES FPS.
- 67 (11%)
bug #3685 - Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 3 (0.5%)
bug #1376 - Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 5 (0.8%)
Lye, water and buckets  (bug #1324 - buckets full of water were used to produce lye, bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable, bug #1236 - buckets contain lye and water, can't be used for anything)
- 25 (4.1%)
bug #535 - Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 46 (7.6%)
bug #3898 - Entire Bone Statcks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #2712 - weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 27 (4.4%)
bug #4133 - Good/evil plants/trees don't appear (feather trees, glumprongs, sliver barbs, and sun berries)
- 11 (1.8%)
bug #2327 - Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 14 (2.3%)
bug #4550 - Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 13 (2.1%)
bug #4552 - Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 10 (1.6%)
bug #4833: When embarking, crashes when memory use reaches 2GB.
- 6 (1%)
bug #4856: Immortal Dwarf (... Yet unconcious) [or any other creature]
- 0 (0%)
bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings
- 2 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 604

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: clothes fixed! | old poll results | poll restarted | 344/607 fixed  (Read 39568 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: clothes fixed! | old poll results | collecting bugs for the next poll
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2012, 05:39:57 pm »

bug #3942 is not marked as fixed in the bug tracker yet, but I think if he keeps working on clothing bug #535 might be the next to be fixed.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2012, 05:41:17 pm »

bug #3942 is not marked as fixed in the bug tracker yet, but I think if he keeps working on clothing bug #535 might be the next to be fixed.
Yeah, I added note "(not marked as fixed, but probably fixed or hidden as result of fixing #2481)". In the worst case producing new clothes will be a workaround.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2012, 07:21:17 pm »

While it isn't a bug as such, and isn't on the tracker, it really bothers me that all creatures give the same amount of leather when butcher.  A dog and a whale both yield a single piece of leather after butchery and tanning.  I have a hack in place on my custom mods that fixes this, but it's a crude hack and would be better fixed in DF somehow.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2012, 07:43:09 pm »

While it isn't a bug as such, and isn't on the tracker, it really bothers me that all creatures give the same amount of leather when butcher.  A dog and a whale both yield a single piece of leather after butchery and tanning.  I have a hack in place on my custom mods that fixes this, but it's a crude hack and would be better fixed in DF somehow.
This one should probably go to eternal suggestion voting (AFAIK almost completely ignored), as it is not a bug.
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2012, 01:35:32 pm »

Bug #3732: Butchering a corpse yields only 1 skin, regardless of size

Similarly:
Bug #808: Processing Raw Turtles only makes one shell per stack, and other stack size issues
Bug #4593: shearing sometimes produces stack of 1 wool, which cannot be used
Bug #4616: Spinning stacks of wool only produces a single yarn thread
(and several other items also listed as children of bug #808)

Basically a total mismatch between the amount of material coming in and what is made from that material.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:39 pm »

Bug #3732: Butchering a corpse yields only 1 skin, regardless of size

Added to the list.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:51:10 pm by Kogut »

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »

The trouble is, when you think about it logically, the input/output ratio for materials is pretty messed up all over the show. I mean it takes the same amount of logs to make a table as it takes to make a wooden ring, doesn't it? Seems like a fairly major overhaul of the item reactions would be needed all over to get it working the way it seems it should.

It would be nice for example if Toady modified the charcoal production/use balance, especially with regards to pottery. I mean, you can't make any more constructions with an earthenware brick as you can with a piece of wood, for example; the pottery industry is cool, but totally pointless. This can be fixed with mods easily enough but it feels like something that should be looked at in vanilla.

We don't really have a thread for game balance issues that aren't bugs, though. When you think about it, they're about as important to playability as bugs but entirely subjective.

Don't brooks get saltified by flowing through rock salt bedrock? I've seen forts with saltwater brooks in mountains of rock salt before, I'm sure.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2012, 10:12:49 pm »

The trouble is, when you think about it logically, the input/output ratio for materials is pretty messed up all over the show. I mean it takes the same amount of logs to make a table as it takes to make a wooden ring, doesn't it? Seems like a fairly major overhaul of the item reactions would be needed all over to get it working the way it seems it should.

It would be nice for example if Toady modified the charcoal production/use balance, especially with regards to pottery. I mean, you can't make any more constructions with an earthenware brick as you can with a piece of wood, for example; the pottery industry is cool, but totally pointless. This can be fixed with mods easily enough but it feels like something that should be looked at in vanilla.

Problem with charcoal use balance is that magma forges magma-dump that balance.  Fire clay + magma kiln = free infinite water-tight materials for things like pots without needing wood at all. 

As for feature requests, that's what Suggestions are for, but yeah, it's much, much harder to get Toady to get a feature in than a bugfix.  Still, if you want to talk about the problems with a single log making a whole table or just a single earring - Volume and Mass would be the right place to talk about that.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

drivec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2012, 03:52:59 am »

how about that stagnant water bug

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2012, 03:57:29 am »

yes... this one is getting quite old, i havn't had a fresh water river in quite some time.

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2012, 04:50:03 am »

yes... this one is getting quite old, i havn't had a fresh water river in quite some time.
Stagnant water bug getting quite old, eh? Trying to be funny I see!

I hope small carcass butchering gets sorted out like #874. Some wild animals can't be butchered when shot by a hunter, and you'd kind of wish your hunter would only hunt butcherable animals. But their tame equivalents can. However, its completely opaque to the player what mechanism is there, and you end up thinking the butcher's shop is bugged.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2012, 07:03:55 am »

Stagnant water bug getting quite old, eh? Trying to be funny I see!

I hope small carcass butchering gets sorted out like #874. Some wild animals can't be butchered when shot by a hunter, and you'd kind of wish your hunter would only hunt butcherable animals. But their tame equivalents can. However, its completely opaque to the player what mechanism is there, and you end up thinking the butcher's shop is bugged.

Bug #874: Dwarves refuse to butcher some corpses (buzzards in particular), #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill and #5232: Streams/brooks/rivers getting turned stagnant by nearby pools/ponds added to the list.

bug #3942 - Dwarves owning broken clothing. Clothes don't rot, ANNIHILATES FPS is now marked as fixed on bugtracker.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2012, 07:51:40 am »

I'd vote to have #2780 added, fish stocks never regenerating and going extinct after prolonged play. Really annoying to have all my fisherdwarves turn useless and not being able to rely on fishing for food anymore, which I usually rely quite heavily on :>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:13:28 am by Manveru Taurënér »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2012, 09:05:55 am »

Why is bug #4025 still on there ?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2012, 10:16:25 am »

I'd vote to have #2780 added, fish stocks never regenerating and going extinct after prolonged play. Really annoying to have all my fisherdwarves turn useless and not being able to rely on fishing for food anymore, which I usually rely quite heavily on :>

OK, added to the list.

Why is bug #4025 still on there ?

Where? In archival poll results fixed section of current list?

EDIT: I added also famous "Population Cap not working"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:39:13 pm by Kogut »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11