Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 72203 times)

Third_Sunrise

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2012, 11:21:06 pm »

That makes sense, sorry about that. I have seen some random events that are pretty great involving the content Elf has already given us, like an Alexander who formed a cult and went to war dozens of times over a hundred years with a kill count in the hundreds/thousands. I think the random element is what I like most about DF.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2012, 12:04:03 pm »

Sadly I can't code those. The only man capable of even trawling through the code is Toady.. D:
Oh well, currently I'm planning out the Bio encounter, as well as adding in the WEAPONs. Water will also be available through encounters next update, so now you should be able to use Bio and Water potions.
Out of curiosity, anyone think I should put in either the Gestahl Empire or Sephiroth (Safer-Sepiroth as a Megabeast)?

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2012, 09:04:23 pm »

id perfer the Empire. never really saw eye to eye with sephy and his legion of fans >.>
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2012, 11:01:50 am »

I'm enjoying playing the mod,  Your addition of inorganic magic is very well done as well.  Have you considered using MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER in the creature raws to make certain magic more or less effective against certain monsters?  I know it doesn't affect the syndromes, but it could work for an earth based attack.  I apologize, but I still haven't gotten frog drop to work right.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2012, 12:21:09 pm »

Good idea, I'll probably have to make a load of new materials for the non-earth/bio attacks, and fire can't use it, so I guess [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] will have to do. Nice suggestion though, will use it in my Persona mod, if I can get the material resistance to work.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2012, 01:40:04 pm »

I prefer to see the Empire. They can be fleshed out better than just Seph of any form. Plus, who doesn't want to be their own form of Kefka when playing as them? Plus, forts designed around Vector's design would actually render well, and pretty awesomely in DF. Especially that whole minecart sequence as you escape from there. Cages also make great Esper containment fields when extracting magic from them.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »

You read my mind there. Indeed, in a future update, there will be the ability to 'butcher' espers for magicite.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2012, 01:47:46 pm »

You read my mind there. Indeed, in a future update, there will be the ability to 'butcher' espers for magicite.
Would they do a 100% conversion into magicite, however (no parts extracted from conversion, like they do in-game)? You can use a regular butcher shop to make meat out of them, but a conversion chamber to turn them into 100% magicite (the kind you can learn from, and spread teachings to others). Of course, I think the conversion tubes would have to require raw crystal glass or something to make one. Maybe 3 ray crystal glass, in order to make one, and would be 5x5 in size, since they are big and complex looking.

Alternatively, you can use those conversion chambers to "milk" the magic out of them or something. Since they didn't kill them outright, although it did take some of their life force out of them. It's not until espers are killed/dead that they convert into magicite; if I recall correctly.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 01:55:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2012, 02:01:16 pm »

Right, it seems Sephiroth is unpopular. I had a rummage around on the interwebs, and you're right, Sephiroth has too many fan girls and misaimed praise. He's officially on the nope list.

Kefka, on the other hand, might come in as a mega.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:03:00 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2012, 10:40:03 pm »

I like to never put anything on the "nope" list. Just an "extremely low priority" list.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2012, 10:44:00 pm »

Eh, agree to disagree here? :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2012, 10:48:44 pm »

Hehe, okay :P

(why do periods make me look so serious god damn

is it my avatar)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2012, 02:38:32 am »

Right, it seems Sephiroth is unpopular. I had a rummage around on the interwebs, and you're right, Sephiroth has too many fan girls and misaimed praise. He's officially on the nope list.

Kefka, on the other hand, might come in as a mega.

Instead of making either one creatures in their own right, maybe make an 'godhood' secret that will give people the power to... well, attain godhood.  Give them phenomenal cosmic powers and the ability to turn into a multi-winged angel.  If you give them necromancy too, they'll even build towers.  I'd advise against making the secret teachable though, unless you want to deal with a tower full of the things.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2012, 07:06:24 am »

The ultimate challenge. Fighting through a tower of Kefkas.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:01 pm »

The ultimate challenge. Fighting through a tower of Kefkas.
Multiple towers of Kefka. So many "Lights of Judgement".

I think the world died by year 1, several times over.

EDIT:
Just came across this.

Some background music to help you out.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:02:33 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23