Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216559 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1710 on: November 14, 2011, 06:49:45 pm »

I have no idea why this is so popular. I hate it for a number of reasons.
also, I heard about necro making some kind of joke on this and getting muted.

so either toady likes MLP and he was dissing it too much, or it was a REALLY bad/sexist/racist/other joke.
now, I need to evacuate from this thread before my testosterone is sucked out of my body.
what little testosterone I have...

Rape jokes tend to do that.
Toady doesn't like rape jokes, no matter how bad they are. Besides, Necro was already given warnings before. He was lucky he only got muted, since a few people before him have been outright banned for rape jokes.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 14, 2011, 08:20:00 pm »

Welp, it looks like the new shipping chart is up, and Best Pony is still the mare that launched a thousand ships.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 14, 2011, 08:29:24 pm »

It's lacking in a couple areas. Like Shipping. And a number of potential side character ships.
Nothing important here, move along.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 14, 2011, 08:31:40 pm »

You know, I have never seen any real CelestiaxTwilight ships, although people poke fun at it all the time. Anyone actually write one?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 14, 2011, 08:33:01 pm »

Neat pony artist popped up. Took half the drawfriend today on ED.

I wonder if ponies are well known in Japan yet? I used to call FiM a "shoujo anime" and I still kinda think it is one. Just without a nasty romance plot tumor.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 14, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »

Goodness, no.

I think MLP has been the most corrupting influence in my life so far.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 14, 2011, 08:45:31 pm »

I wouldn't say that say that FiM is "anime-esque," but then again anime is just the Japanese term for cartoon and FiM most definitely qualifies.  Considering 'anime' as an extremely general genre based around common general themes in Japanese animation, at the very least FiM does not fit the same intended audience as most anime, which is usually geared toward teenagers and adults. There are likely a few other things that separate the two, but I don't really feel like going in-depth.
Nothing important here, move along.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: November 14, 2011, 08:48:36 pm »

Which is why I specified shoujo, which has a much narrower audience. Namely young girls :P

The first two episodes are pretty much ponified Sailor Moon.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 14, 2011, 09:12:04 pm »

But apart from the intentional parallel to SM in the first two eps it isn't extremely similar. No 'monster of the week' deal, and no season-long villian a la Nanoha (though to be fair that was more an adult show fit into a shoujo costume). Although from what I've heard, a great deal of the initial reaction in Japan was along the lines of "It's Precure with ponies!".

Oh, and if anyone else is in the mood for some in incredibly cute and funny Dinky and Pinkie playing at Star Trek, read this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 09:36:56 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 14, 2011, 09:46:22 pm »

You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 14, 2011, 10:10:17 pm »

Neat pony artist popped up. Took half the drawfriend today on ED.

I wonder if ponies are well known in Japan yet? I used to call FiM a "shoujo anime" and I still kinda think it is one. Just without a nasty romance plot tumor.

Also, I'm kind of contemplating what to add. I've found a rather large post by Zangi on Equestrian Warfare which isn't a fanfic at all and isn't even written from an in-universe standpoint.*snip*
Oh... I need to update that sooner or later... still so much to add... blargh.  Hardest part is taking what I have in my head and putting it into typing/writing...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 14, 2011, 10:17:55 pm »

how  do i put a picture in my signature?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 14, 2011, 10:18:42 pm »

Oh my....

http://youtu.be/6PIleJhQmBg

I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 14, 2011, 10:18:54 pm »

how  do i put a picture in my signature?

Don't think you can since the signature limit is rather small, and that picture would be WAY to big even if they allowed pictures in signatures.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: November 14, 2011, 10:19:58 pm »

Pictures are allowed in sigs. Go check your profile settings to get it to show up.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 153