Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803863 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2280 on: April 28, 2012, 02:00:24 pm »

Looks like CatalystParadox is up. I guess that means a loyalty cascade or something similar.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 28, 2012, 02:27:19 pm »

Looks like CatalystParadox is up. I guess that means a loyalty cascade or something similar.

We can only hope.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 28, 2012, 04:31:24 pm »

Oh.  And I couldn't figure out what the fuck to do this weekend.

Looks like I'll be ruining Hellcannon.  Good thing I've been paying such good attention.

>.> ... <.<

Downloading now.  May Armok have mercy on your souls.

My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 28, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »

I wonder if the lake has finished draining yet...
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 28, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »

Urgh, every time i try to play it seems to be crashing on me after a few minutes.  Not sure what's going on.  If I can't get this sorted out pretty soon I might need to pass.

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 28, 2012, 08:29:56 pm »

Are the crashes only with Hellcannon? Or with any DF save?

I'll download the save and try to see wheter it crashes or not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2286 on: April 28, 2012, 09:07:19 pm »

I've read the entire series and would love a turn (and a dorf, any engineer (red) position, mechanics prefered if possible).

I've even tried my hand at a reclaim of Failcannon (and successfully managed to get a foothold before the ghosts overrain me. I did get the control room partially unflooded, but the engrave bug makes a reclaim close to impossible short of zapping ghosts with Runesmith (which I think would go against the spirit of failcannon). It was an interesting year before I got obliterated; might have to write it up ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: April 28, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »

My guess is it's disliking graphics.  I'll try again either tomorrow or late with the nice raw ASCII graphics and see if that behaves any better.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2288 on: April 29, 2012, 01:56:11 am »

My guess is it's disliking graphics.  I'll try again either tomorrow or late with the nice raw ASCII graphics and see if that behaves any better.

I tested the save here, and it loaded just fine. DF 0.31.25/Linux.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:04:04 am by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 29, 2012, 05:31:20 am »

If there's no errorlog hinting at any problem, I figure DF is eating all your RAM and crashes due to lack of it. Although since I assume most comps have at least 1 GB of RAM, it shouldn't be that either because the game worked just fine for me the whole time, not a single crash.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 29, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »

Eating my RAM seems unlikely, as I have a crapload of it.  I think I've just managed to introduce some kind of RAW error when converting the save to graphics, and when it runs up against it, boom.  I'm going to re-download and try running it without graphics, and see where that gets me.

Results in the next hour or two should tell us whether this will work.

UPDATE:  I think we're a go, folks!  Expect an initial update before the end of the day.

UPDATE 2:  O_O.... two things.  1 - the fort seems impressively not-dead, compared to what I have come to expect based on Failcannon.  2 - where the HELL is everything?!  All I can seem to find are traps, endless stockpiles, tree farms, and gigantic crypts.  I may just give up on trying to understand what has come before and dig my own micro fort, for the sake of my own (hah) sanity.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:15:06 pm by CatalystParadox »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 29, 2012, 04:23:33 pm »

Last I saw of it, the fort was spread out in a disorderly fashion between the surface and the caverns.

I expect you'll MAKE it dead? :P

Mego; I asked for another turn again quite some time ago. Where am I on that list? I just wanted another chance to start some fires! :(
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:25:10 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 29, 2012, 05:05:30 pm »

Mego; I asked for another turn again quite some time ago. Where am I on that list? I just wanted another chance to start some fires! :(

Whoops, I knew I was forgetting someone when I updated the turn list. Fixed it now.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: April 29, 2012, 05:07:56 pm »

I think you missed my request too.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 29, 2012, 06:19:35 pm »

I think you missed my request too.

What the hell. I just (re?)discovered that I had the updated turn list with yours and Eric's requests all typed up and ready to go in a text document, but didn't ever post it.

>_<
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 208