Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 228041 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2012, 09:32:23 pm »

Partisan looked at his request form carefully before he decided to take it to Halberd. The recent Diamond Dog thief had reminded him of something he had overheard and spent some time thinking about, and thus he prepared a form to ask for permission to train with a range weapon rather than a melee weapon like he had been doing before. The idea of removing his new protective metal shell did not sound pleasing but, if he could minimize the number of ponies that would visit the hospital, he owed it to all of Dawnpick to do so. Before he had the chance to even start looking for him, though. Partisan heard the distinguishable call of arms. He mindlessly darted toward his weapon and out the training area, fearing that it might be a case of life and death for somepony.

---------------------------------------------------------------- (OOC: stolen line that looks pleasing to the eyes placed here)

Partisan felt the rush of battle pouring through his veins after the huge fight with the eyes and that big-eye-less-cave-monkey-thing. The eyes were a mere measly warm up, but the monkey gave him some close calls. It actually built up his appreciation of the tin can he was wearing. That ape punched imprints into the cavern floor. If he had been wearing leather armor and had been hit, it would not have been its blue blood that he would have to wash out his mane. The thought made him shudder and look forward to the day he could take on something like that on his own. 'Maybe he should write up a request form for a spear.' he thought happily. 'They are perfect for piercing in-' His thoughts were broken by the sudden realization that he had forgotten something very important. With all the speed he could muster, he flew through the fort looking for where he left the form, but just could not manage to locate it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:19:52 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2012, 04:02:17 pm »

So... found any ponies yet that fit my parameters?
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2012, 04:31:50 pm »

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to look yet, haven't even fired up DF in a couple of days.  I'll do that tonight.  :)  I'll have to review my ponies in game to be sure, but I think I have a smith of some sort that might match what you want.  I don't think I have any military ponies that do, but I can move one over perhaps.  I'll let you know something tonight.

zomara0292: Is that an official request for a spear or to be moved into a new markspony squad? :)  I'm probably going to start a markspony squad in the next update, I really need to get some trained up before my population hits 80 and I start getting badger pony sieges. :D
Through pain, I find wisdom.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2012, 05:40:24 pm »

That is an official move to marksponyship, to the slight dismay of Partisan.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2012, 06:08:59 pm »

Glaive's Journal25th Moonstone, 254

I had my chat with Virtue. It seems that she's considering my advise about forming a crossbow squad. That's good to hear, it'll be nice knowing we'll have some more ponies watching our backs, should the badger scum decide to step up their attacks.

In happier news the Captain gave ME The Touch of Leaves, said I deserved it for saving that foal awhile back. I don't know if I'd say I really deserved it, but I'm one of the few Unicorns in the guard who COULD use it, so I accepted the honor gladly.

Now that I've had my hooves on it, I can tell it's very light, but strong. It won't be much for bashing, but it should stop just about any blow, and it's weight (or lack there of) should make it easier to get into position. I need to get some practice in with it before a real fight breaks out. Maybe Glyphs wants to spar, he could use the practice too.

27th Moonstone, 254

We had a few more thieves recently. Captain Naginata actually bit one in the face and shook it around. It was an impressive display of strength. Although I can't help but feel that another strike with her weapon would have dispatched the thing faster.

15th Opal, 254

Falcata ran into a group of these large single eyed critters in the caverns. She called out but she managed to kill or wound all of them before we arrived. That Falcata, she's really something else. Not someone I'd want to piss off. But she could be a very useful friend. I'll invite her out for drinks later, to "celebrate".

After, the Eye's business we ran into an Ogre on the way back. We surrounded it and took it down with little trouble.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:59:16 am by KingStrongbeard »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2012, 03:16:09 am »

So... found any ponies yet that fit my parameters?

Ok, sorry that took so long.  I've got 3 ponies that fit the bill or are close:

Castiron - Blacksmith (Male Pegasus, black with red striped hair)
Miter - Woodcrafter (Male Pegasus, forgot to check his description but 99% chance he's black with red hair)
Cleaver - Butcher (Male Pegasus, forgot to check him too)

You could possibly repurpose Miter or Cleaver if you wanted, but Castiron is already a blacksmith, male pegasus with black fur.  Castiron is a legendary smith already.  I'll rename whoever you pick to Jaxler and get an avatar for you as soon as I can (a day or two, with the next update).

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2012, 04:09:20 pm »

I want Miter.

I prefer the woodcutter, and repurpose him to the militia

Also if he does not have a red mane than give me Cleaver.

And as for the avatar make it look sinister , but not creepy or weird, also make him have a scare and make his eyes red and   slightly serpent like. I’ve seen your work and I’m sure it will turn out great.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2012, 04:31:13 pm »

I think I can work with that.  Miter it is then, and unless you'd prefer a melee pony I'll be putting him under Partisan's new markspony squad.  Time to get those marksponies training!

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2012, 04:42:48 pm »

I think I can work with that.  Miter it is then, and unless you'd prefer a melee pony I'll be putting him under Partisan's new markspony squad.  Time to get those marksponies training!

hmmm... marksponyship it is then, I'd love to see my little jaxler nock off badgers from a mile away.I hope we don't all get Annihilated  :P.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:09:37 pm by jaxler »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2012, 04:52:35 pm »

As do I. It would be a shame for Partisan to die after fully understanding the protection he would have to give up.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2012, 05:08:43 pm »

As do I. It would be a shame for Partisan to die after fully understanding the protection he would have to give up.

it would be a shame if I died after just getting a pony

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:50 pm »

Well in the time being I’ll make a post and edit an avatar in once I get 1

Jaxler's diary

well I’ve been here a long time but until now I found no reason to wright down my daily events, but now that part 1 of my plan is done I’m quite content with my future and see reason to wright down my events. I’ve successfully integrated into this fort, not a single person has even wondered why such a pony walked for miles to such a place, the probably thought up reasons like "he was looking for a land of promise" or "a new life" or "the king forced him to come" but no I came here to...

Phase 2 is already happening I’m getting drafted into the ranged squad, its perfect I’m on my way. I’m ready to start killing again. I'm ready to fight, all I need to do is make my way up to the highly esteemed rank of squad leader. All I need to do is wait, my policy is that the last person to join a battle is the first man to walk out. All I need to do is find a way to dispose of my problem leader.

Man these ponies they dig and they dig. they refuse to think about stuff like PROFIT I read somewhere that if there is magnetite then there is platinum, why don't we take it from this land and make it our own, and become the richest ponies in the whole continent, of course money gives me us power in which case I can skip to phase 4 POWER.

but soon... oh so soon... I rise up
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:43:21 pm by jaxler »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »

Sorry about the delay Jaxler.  I've been pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to make your avatar or play DF for almost a week.  I plan on posting another fort update tonight or tomorrow, but I'm away from my regular computer so I can't make your avatar.  I'll get to it Monday night I think.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2012, 05:37:00 pm »

Sorry about the delay Jaxler.  I've been pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to make your avatar or play DF for almost a week.  I plan on posting another fort update tonight or tomorrow, but I'm away from my regular computer so I can't make your avatar.  I'll get to it Monday night I think.

cool

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2012, 09:37:29 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:23:35 pm by Omicega »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 239