Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 227107 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1335 on: March 03, 2012, 10:49:23 pm »

A fresh cut stretched across Powder Miner's face as he backed away from the crundle, suddenly lunging forward for a swing, which took a bit of flesh off of the thing. it struck back, dealing Powder Miner a new blow. Powder Miner continued to back away again in the fight, moving towards the cavern entrance. He was hoping he'd be able to make it to the traps to take care of the thing.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 03, 2012, 11:09:24 pm »

Jaxler was on patrol, he had full leather armor and his steel crossbow. his patrol had recently been extended, now he had to walk all the way down to check on the caverns. he was halfway to the cave entrance when he heard fighting. Jaxler flew as fast as he could and found powder being attacked by a crundle. Jaxler put a bolt in his steel crossbow and aimed.

"RUN POWDER!!"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:12:02 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 03, 2012, 11:41:59 pm »

I was resting in one of my favorite sections of the cavern, enjoying the beauty. Even though there was danger there, I still enjoy relaxing in the caverns, besides seeing as I'm in the militia, I should be safe enough.

I heard another fight going on, which didn't worry me at first, after all, with all the nasty things down here, I was used to hearing fights... then I heard Jaxlers yell.

Quickly I ran to the sound arriving right behind Jaxler and drawing my axe. "Jaxler, you have a shot?"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 03, 2012, 11:48:56 pm »

"I'm not using my wooden crossbow right now, I couldn't hit the side of a mountain with this steel one."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 03, 2012, 11:55:07 pm »

"Alright... watch my back then." I rush forward at the crundle, placing myself between it and Powder, drawing my axe.

"Powder, get out of here now!"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 03, 2012, 11:55:48 pm »

The crundle had turned to the sound of the voices, distracted. "No, I've got this!" Powder Miner buried his pick into the thing's skull. As a fairly accomplished miner, he could deal with singular threats. But not being militarily trained, he found that, unfortunately, multiple crundles were too much. Specifically he found this by a hammering punch to the back of the head which staggered him. He began running "I think I will run!"

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 04, 2012, 12:03:21 am »

I just shake my head at Powders action, he seemed to be alright though, so I focused instead on the threat in front of me. "Come on, you have better things to be doing... no need to chase Powder..." I strike out at the crundle, striking a gash in it's leg, more focused on keeping it's attention rather than killing it.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 04, 2012, 12:15:14 am »

Jaxler pointed his steel crossbow at the crundle from a few feet away. when he shot the bolt barely grazing it. Jaxler decided that the steel crossbow's only function was that of a 2nd rate mace and hit the crundle in the side with it. amazingly he hardly even managed to bruised the thing, so he just resorted to kicking it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:43:23 am by jaxler »

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 04, 2012, 12:52:08 am »

I see the crundle's claw striking down at Jaxler and shoulder him out of the way. The attack bites into my foreleg, making it bucke for a moment, before I surge to my hooves and strike at the thing again. I sweep my axe at its side, cutting deep and knocking it over. "Jaxler, get Powder out safe, I can handle this."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 04, 2012, 06:30:54 am »

Brushing off Stiletto's rather melodramatic method of closing the door, Falcata steps up to the levitating lyre and takes it in her mouth, being very careful not to damage it. Rearing up and standing in place, she transfers the lyre into her forehooves. It fits snugly enough into her grip, the once-familiar feel calming her down a little. She shoots Flux a querying look, throat too dry with nerves for any words.

I keep away from Stiletto's gaze and simply walk to the box I brought.

'If it was just me I would, but... Falcata needs to ease into it.  Well... I hope they don't freak out about the piccolo...'

Opening the box, I carefully pull out the artifact piccolo and hold it in my hooves.

"Um... you lead, Falcata?  I'll, uh, try to improvise a simple harmony to your melody?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 04, 2012, 07:34:21 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:05:38 pm by Omicega »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 04, 2012, 07:52:03 am »

Since Telgim gave us his save to play around with (and give him some pointers), I took the liberty of analysing it, and posting some GIMPed screen caps. To play with it get a copy of DF 31.25 (such as LNP 9.3), create directory dawnpick in data/save/ for the region, then extract Telgim's save into that.

Lets start with our ponies, and their skills. They go from 0 for Dabbling to 20 for Legendary+5. An actual 0 as opposed to empty space means the pony has some XP in that skill, but not enough to make it to Novice. Blue square means the labour is enabled.

Civilian:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Social and Military:

Next, military ponies.

Their squads with equipment (Unicorns have shields as well, and Falcata has an extra mail shirt.):

Training schedule:

Finally, this is the fortress wealth:

Some observations useful for RP based on Dawnpick stocks:

Pretty much all the fish that's left is those disgusting mussels. There is no raw, unprocessed fish.

There are a lot of prepared meals with meat in them, and some with tortoises.

We have a good variety of Cheese and some milk.

The bulk of our drink is Strawberry wine followed by Prickle Berry Wine. (For people who like RP discussions with drinking) There isn't much else in the way of alcohol, not even carrot juice.

Only less then half the rooms have their windows.

There are some tame animals, but most of them are parasprites.

Corridors inside the mines are 1-wide, and therefore narrow, and too cramped for two ponies to walk next to each other, or pass each other comfortably.

There are a lot of idlers, so ponies get a lot of free time around here. Which is good for scenes.

Recommendations for Telgim:

To stonesense pictures --->
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:22:25 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 04, 2012, 11:31:07 am »

castiron thinks he should try steel smiting

as he works the forge he sees one master work steel bar come out.
as he touches the bar his hands glow blue

Castiron has actived his dream... he is now a legendary smith
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 04, 2012, 01:20:01 pm »

I place the mouthpiece of the piccolo in my mouth and rear back to ready myself to play as I listen to the melancholic song of Falcata.  I listen for about a minute to get a feel for it before I join in, adding a quiet hopeful harmony to her melody.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 04, 2012, 01:31:48 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:05:44 pm by Omicega »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 239