Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 227110 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2280 on: April 03, 2012, 08:56:38 pm »

"Is it fine if I bring my crossbow with me, so long as I don't keep any bolts?"

I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 03, 2012, 09:03:45 pm »

She nods after a brief moment.  "I... think that will be fine.  Just leave your quiver here."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 03, 2012, 09:06:08 pm »

Sarissa pushes the door open, "Just don't try any funny business, or Elegy will have to take a bite out of you."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 03, 2012, 09:10:28 pm »

Jaxler took off his quiver and left on the ground next to him. He then walked over to the prison entrance.

"Why the hell would I try to do anything 'funny' to a pony who has full metal armor and an axe?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:55:24 am by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 03, 2012, 09:16:25 pm »

"I can never be too trusting of a thief, now can I?

She taps him on the rear with the broad side of her ax.

"Now let's get a move on."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:39 pm »

Jaxler sighed and said "I'm not a thief anymore" and went down the stairs. The place was dark smelly and didn't seem very pleasant but it wasn't the worst hole he'd even been trapped in. "So, which one of these cells is mine?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:56:01 am by jaxler »

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 03, 2012, 09:32:16 pm »

"Um..."

Virtue hadn't told her where to put him, but all four of the cells looked more or less the same. She hoped that it didn't matter.

The unicorn groaned,
"Oh, I don't know...just hop in one. Each is as gross as the next."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:08 pm »

Jaxler walked into the closest cell

"Well, buck this isn't going to be very pleasant."

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 03, 2012, 09:47:33 pm »

The unicorn shuts the cell door and clicks the lock into place.

"I'd say that's rather appropriate. Look at the vomit stains in there. At least that should be familiar to you, my dear wino."

Sarissa begins to trot off back to Virtue's office, wondering what kind of things Jaxler may have hidden away in his room. Would Partisan allow a search of it? What punishment would he recommend?

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 03, 2012, 10:10:04 pm »

Jaxler sat down on the cold ground an laid his crossbow on the floor right next to him. Jaxler didn't know how long he was going to be down in the cell. He also didn't have the slightest clue what was going to happen to him now, and he didn't completely trust Virtue when she said that she wasn't going to execute him. So, all he could do now was sit down in the dark smelly room, and hope that he got a barrel of booze before his sanity gave up on him.

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:36 pm »

Sarissa's concerns were calmed for the time being. Jaxler was in jail, and even if he did escape, he didn't have any bolts with him. Unless, perhaps, he was hiding some on his person somewhere. Sarissa kept that possibility in mind...

"The deed is done, my Lady," Sarissa saluted Virtue after returning to her office, "Would you have me see if I can find Partisan?"

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 03, 2012, 10:34:26 pm »

"Yes, please do that.  Thank you," she responds, returning to her seat with a heavy drop.  Every day... every day it seemed she was learning something new to stress her out...  "Oh, and send Kat in when you see her, please."
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kryptid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 03, 2012, 10:44:34 pm »

With a bow of respect, Sarissa complies, "Will do, my Lady."

The unicorn mare steps outside, browsing the area for the pony aforementioned, "Kat? Lady Virtue will see you now."

With that said, Sarissa began her search for Partisan. As her girded hooves clicked against the stony floor, she thought about how Virtue's mood had change over the period that she had been here. Even though the gray mare hadn't said it aloud, Sarissa could tell that she had a lot on her mind. Obviously not the most joyful of things, either. Well, Sarissa would make sure that Jaxler wasn't going to be a problem for her. One less thing for her to worry about, she felt.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: April 03, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »

No one has sent either this or Glitterglen to Equestria Daily to my knowledge.  The Dwarf Fortress overtones might put them off a bit, hehe.
were you one of the other three to give a dorfy reply to that "you've been given 90ponies to start a new town in the Wilderness." question they posed a while back?
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 04, 2012, 02:03:49 am »

Kat nodded as Sarissa came out to tell her that she could go in now. Not really seeing Jaxler being taken to the Jail and was slightly confused when she didn't see him in the office with Virtue. But she's glad that he's not there anyway. "Lady Virtue? It's about Jaxler.." She began as she move into Virtue's office, closing the door behind them. Seeing the Obvious worries in Virtue's face, she wanted to ask what's wrong but decide against it and just focus on getting what she needs to say to be said "I'd like to Complain about him being Second in Command, Unguardly behavior and showing obvious distrust to everypony and challenging Partisan's authority. I.. don't think he should stay Second-in-Command of the guards." She managed out, keeping a calm voice so it doesn't sound like she have some personal beef going on with him.

Unaware that Jaxler just got into some serious dung already and that this would just make it worse for him.
"And Partisan seems to be going too easy on him aswell." She adds.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 239