Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 667865 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #2250 on: January 12, 2016, 05:04:34 am »

The curse being an ancient necromancer, or at least the tattered remains of one, fits. Fale being similar is also plausible. It is entirely possible that they are the same, but, well, by now Fale should know enough to match us to that random necromancer elf hippy that half-murdered a soul-sucking golem. And both Fale and The Curse have been very (apparently) inviting. So why didn't Fale just come out and say "come meet me under the tree and we can explain all this in person"? I mean, the curse doesn't seem to be afraid to meet us in person, although that could be a trap of some sort...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: January 12, 2016, 02:26:25 pm »

Here is us finding the invitation in the construct: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96692.msg6263514#msg6263514

And here is where we met Fale right after the construct: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96692.msg6378551#msg6378551

As you can see, the "location" we met Fale at exactly matches the invitation from the construct.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2252 on: January 12, 2016, 02:58:00 pm »

And the first time we met Fale we met him under our fishing pond. And he didn't know anything about us. He didn't even knew we were a female elf. Meaning that him knowing about our fishing pond would be pretty weird. If he knows more about us than he says, if he has access to our memories or whenever we cast a spell he's doing a very good job hiding it. I find it more likely that the beginning of our meetings are just dreams influenced by necromantic energy. The dreams are probably triggered by certain conditions marking important events in a necromancer's life is my theory.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2253 on: February 10, 2016, 02:45:45 pm »

Oh, I just remembered a problem with my plan. We need to disable the sanctuary. Anybody has any good excuses? We could just wait for the timer to run out, but the sooner we start moving the better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 10, 2016, 03:50:09 pm »

Why do we need to start moving?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2255 on: February 10, 2016, 05:39:45 pm »

Why do we need to start moving?
Because the more we stay here there's a chance things will get worse with Omo and Eko. Omo has a chance of having his health worsen and Eko has a chance of starting to ask too many questions or getting desperate and doing something stupid. Getting Omo and the construct to the curse will hopefully help with the first while getting Eko focused on moving and watching out for ambush will hopefully help with the second.

Plus, evil necromancer trying to take over the world? Even if it wasn't for the chance of Omo getting worse, that seems like a big enough reason to not stand around and wait. The more we wait the worse things will get for the free men and elves trying to defend themselves from the necromancers. Edit: Even from a purely selfish standpoint, the worse things get on the road, the more cities that fall, the harder it will get for us to move around and gain supplies and information and the higher the chance we will be killed or captured and forced to follow M.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:41:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: February 10, 2016, 09:04:03 pm »

Ah.  In that case, yes, we need to move.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 11, 2016, 02:00:13 am »

How long is the remaining timer on the Sanctuary?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2258 on: February 11, 2016, 04:08:44 am »

4 hours. Says so in Eko's spoiler. We could waste an hour or two gathering supplies and getting ready to leave, but I think 4 hours may be pushing it. Unless you remember something we need that could take more than 4 hours.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 11, 2016, 03:19:17 pm »

Just read this whole thing over two days. Really well done. Cheers!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: February 11, 2016, 03:34:24 pm »

4 hours. Says so in Eko's spoiler. We could waste an hour or two gathering supplies and getting ready to leave, but I think 4 hours may be pushing it. Unless you remember something we need that could take more than 4 hours.
We could hold a vigil?
Sigtext

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: February 11, 2016, 04:12:47 pm »

Could you use See Vitality on Eko and compare his soul to the one kept in the construct, knowing now what you know about the soul and relationship to the body? Can you see your _own_ soul? Could you see it through the eyes of a possessed construct? Very tempted to suggest having Eko volunteer to be dominated at least so you might be able to see if you can look more closely at your soul through his eyes, and also, the science gained through experimenting with a live, willing host. Hard to get away with it though even with his permission.

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: February 11, 2016, 07:35:08 pm »

IIRC, we can't dominate something already living, only unliving matter. Or is it that we can only dominate things w/o a soul? We don't want to try it on Omo, I think, but could we command a still-living insect? They don't have souls, after all...

Casting see vitality and looking at how Eko's soul connects to his body could be useful, but it wouldn't take THAT much time.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: February 11, 2016, 07:52:38 pm »

I didn't mean a malicious domination, only though to see our own soul through his eyes as a way to understand the connection.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2264 on: February 12, 2016, 04:02:01 am »

I'm more interested in the link between magic and vitality. I'd like to see how vitality can be transformed to magic when casting from vitality or where the vitality comes from when creating a zombie. That could help us understand how necromancers can find enough power to raise armies.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 155