Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721225 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2011, 03:24:06 am »

You're all about as divisive as our esteemed politicians. I still think you're mostly missing out on the real issue of supreme corporate/private influence in these elections, as opposed to certain issues in candidates (and ideologies)...

Not that I'm saying a Teddy Roosevelt wouldn't be appreciated, but weak leadership worries me less then power-hungry middlemen.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2011, 03:24:45 am »

Okay, I'm going to stick to the actual topic for the rest of the thread before I get into a full blown internet argument.

...Which means I probably won't post much more until either after the primaries, or the roster changes.

So, I won't respond to the esteemed Capn's response. Even though I really want to.
Thank you for being mature.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2011, 03:27:13 am »

I'm going to come out and say that I feel that Obama is perhaps the candidate with the least psychological issues.  He is also, seemingly, aware that he is a person who can, has, and will make mistakes. 

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2011, 03:30:00 am »

We need a Teddy Roosevelt again. Someone to stand up to the huge corporations and banks who will try to give everyone a square deal. Someone who could start a Bull Moose party and (at least nearly) win.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2011, 03:32:29 am »

A charismatic, hardworking, intelligent human being with empathy for the underclass?  Like many of the exotic animals he shotgunned to death and stuffed with wads of newspaper, they simply don't exist anymore!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2011, 03:33:44 am »

Okay, I think I fucked something up.  Nothing to see here, move along.

Anyway, everybody be cool.  I will lock this thread until there's news to discuss if people can't stay civil.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:38:04 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2011, 03:39:14 am »

We need a Teddy Roosevelt again. Someone to stand up to the huge corporations and banks who will try to give everyone a square deal. Someone who could start a Bull Moose party and (at least nearly) win.

After the Sherman Anti-Trust Act was passed, the first prosecution the Roosevelt administration brought with it was against the American Railway Union to stop worker strikes.  Just so you know your history.

No matter who wins Iowa, both candidates are corporate pawns representing the two wings of the American Capitalist Party. The two-party system is really, really, stupid.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2011, 03:43:12 am »

I do recall that there were some downsides, yes. I didn't mean to say we need the same Teddy Roosevelt, I meant we needed someone who acted like he did politically without all of the imperialism of the era. The breakup of the Pullman Workers' Strike and others shouldn't have happened, but the other effects of the law actually did get something positive done. (Namely the breakup of Northern Securities, the American Tobacco Company, and Standard Oil, amongst others.)

In contrast, the Dodd-Frank act, toted as a 'Bank-Regulation' law, does absolutely nothing except increase the volume of paperwork that must be done.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2011, 03:48:16 am »

After the Sherman Anti-Trust Act was passed, the first prosecution the Roosevelt administration brought with it was against the American Railway Union to stop worker strikes.  Just so you know your history.

No matter who wins Iowa, both candidates are corporate pawns representing the two wings of the American Capitalist Party. The two-party system is really, really, stupid.
So vote for a third party. No-one's stopping you.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2011, 03:49:53 am »

Pretty much the entire American political machine works to prevent third parties from being feasible options, whether a few people here and there vote for them or not.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2011, 03:52:28 am »

I'm actually Canadian!  :P

On a more serious note, I think Bachmann will drop out after she fails in Iowa and go for her Congress seat, same with Perry.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2011, 03:52:51 am »

Pretty much the entire American political machine works to prevent third parties from being feasible options, whether a few people here and there vote for them or not.
There are two independent politicians in the Senate right now. They may be at a disadvantage, but they can still get voted in.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2011, 05:09:12 am »

7 minutes on why you should never consider Ron Paul a human being, much less a candidate for presidency: (skip the first 20 seconds of some silly intro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXms-dobP6w

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2011, 05:14:00 am »

7 minutes on why you should never consider Ron Paul a human being, much less a candidate for presidency: (skip the first 20 seconds of some silly intro)
Oh good lord, Paul.
*facepalm*

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2011, 05:17:07 am »

Oh good lord, Paul.
*facepalm*

Welp. Damn.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 714