Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721099 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7335 on: October 27, 2012, 01:46:52 am »

Romney's face is just contorted in an unflinching look of suppressed horror.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: October 27, 2012, 01:50:32 am »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: October 27, 2012, 06:49:21 am »

At the moment, Intrade is showing 281 electoral votes for Obama (some of which are leaning his way, instead of solid) and 235 for Romney (none leaning his way instead of solid), with 22 as tossups (Virginia and Colorado). (See http://www.intrade.com/v4/misc/electoral-map/ ) Several days ago they had Ohio as a tossup, but it is now leaning towards Obama with 64.1% vs 38.8% for Romney. Mind you these are odds of winning the state for each candidate, not polls of voters' stated intentions. The election scoreboard projects Obama to have a 63.3% chance to win the election, currently (and Romney at 36.8%). That must reflect the chance that Obama could be sabotaged just before the end, or that Romney's family might arrange for certain voting machines to be rigged to steal the election, presumably. :V

Nate Silver has it 295-242, with Obama having a 74.4% chance of winning. Looking at the graphs, he's basically undone about half the damage he took from the first debate. Another week like this, and he'll be back to kicking Romney's ass the way he was before the debates.

RCP has it 290-248, with Obama winning Nevada, Iowa, Colorado, New Hampshire and Ohio, but losing Virginia and Florida. I think that's probably realistic. Florida, I think, is out of reach for Team Blue, as is North Carolina (although they've certainly been on the ad blitz here in N. Cackalacky, and a couple of recent polls show the race far closer than it had been).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: October 27, 2012, 07:45:38 am »

I'm too young to vote... but if I could it would make no difference.

My county is always Republican for some reason, but the state is always [ALWAYS] blue in presidential elections because of the power of the unions in the east.

Ah, Michigan...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: October 27, 2012, 07:53:58 am »

I'm too young to vote...

What you need to do is find out what people you know are voting Republican and make sure that they're distracted and forget to vote on Election Day.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: October 27, 2012, 07:56:54 am »

I'm too young to vote...

What you need to do is find out what people you know are voting Republican and make sure that they're distracted and forget to vote on Election Day.

Set up a lemonade-stand style abortion clinic outside their house, giving discounts to atheists and the LGBT community. Don't forget to refuse payment because you're doing it for the good of society, and comrades have to stick together.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: October 27, 2012, 08:06:50 am »

Except the religious. Make sure to charge them. Explain that their money gets donated to environmental causes and ACORN.

That should do it for sure.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: October 27, 2012, 08:10:14 am »

Subtly hint that refusing to do business with you might land them in a FEMA camp.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: October 27, 2012, 09:32:06 am »

Except that the state has been blue since... God knows when. So in the grand scheme of things I can't really help.

And I'm pretty sure I'd either get shot or mobbed by all fifteen of their wretched little kids if I walked up to the house of the average Republican where I live.

The only Republican I ever had an extended political discussion with IRL was the teacher of a useless space-filling elective called "Modern American History"... speaking of him, a micro anecdote:

So, the class is popular among airhead seniors who need to round out their year. One such senior was a stoner classic-rock fan. One day said kid walks in and asks the right-wing teacher what he's listening to on the computer. The teacher says that he's listening to "Rush". The kid is like, "Cool! I didn't know you listened to Rush", and the teacher is like, "No, Rush Limbaugh".

It was very telling about both of them.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: October 27, 2012, 01:19:37 pm »

Hey, what's wrong with Rush? D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: October 27, 2012, 02:39:33 pm »

Hey, what's wrong with Rush? D:

Nothing by itself. It was this particular kid, whose enjoyment of Rush confirmed a number of stereotypes about the "classic-rock high school stoner".

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: October 27, 2012, 02:43:59 pm »

It was this particular kid, whose enjoyment of Rush confirmed a number of stereotypes about the "classic-rock high school stoner".

Rush is Progressive Rock.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: October 27, 2012, 02:45:45 pm »

It was this particular kid, whose enjoyment of Rush confirmed a number of stereotypes about the "classic-rock high school stoner".

Move with the times man, even prog rock from that era is now "classic".

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: October 27, 2012, 02:47:30 pm »

Move with the times man, even prog rock from that era is now "classic".

Classic rock isn't really a genre, it's just an overarching term for pretty much all pre-modern rock music.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: October 27, 2012, 02:48:21 pm »

Classic rock isn't really a genre, it's just an overarching term for pretty much all pre-modern rock music.

Robert Johnson was modern once.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 714