Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 717494 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8580 on: November 07, 2012, 12:56:40 am »

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: November 07, 2012, 12:57:13 am »

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: November 07, 2012, 12:58:11 am »

I've heard it's a lot more difficult to test whether someone's high right that moment since blood tests vary due to THC staying in your system for so long, and everything else is way less reliable. It's going to be interesting to see how they solve that.

Personally, if a police officer thinks I'm high and asks me for a blood test I'm just going to concede on the spot even if I'm not high. I hope they find a way that doesn't provoke such a common phobia. It'd be like testing someone's intoxication with spiders.

Maybe do a saliva test first; if that comes back positive, then give the suspect the option of conceding then and there, or taking the blood test?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: November 07, 2012, 12:59:28 am »

I've heard a mouth swab turns up positive if they've smoked within the past 8 hours or so, which is definitely long enough to not be high anymore.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: November 07, 2012, 12:59:38 am »

Anybody got a link?

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: November 07, 2012, 01:00:18 am »

Oh, is weed in Colorado a 21 thing? That makes sense. For some reason nobody ever seems to mention the age restrictions in their legalization frenzy. I guess it'll be as hard to get as liquor now, i.e. not hard at all.

Colorado now treats Marijuana like alcohol. It is Illegal to be caught driving under the influence (though they haven't really set a standard for that yet) and plans are to tax it as much as possible.

I've heard it's a lot more difficult to test whether someone's high right that moment since blood tests vary due to THC staying in your system for so long, and everything else is way less reliable. It's going to be interesting to see how they solve that.

Personally, if a police officer thinks I'm high and asks me for a blood test I'm just going to concede on the spot even if I'm not high. I hope they find a way that doesn't provoke such a common phobia. It'd be like testing someone's intoxication with spiders.
It's simple, if you have THC in your blood you are under the influence. Simple, cold, logical, and doesn't play favorites, just what the law should be.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8586 on: November 07, 2012, 01:01:02 am »

Am I the only one that failed to have a solid election day drunk going?
yes, though my drank stopped at about 5 drinks.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: November 07, 2012, 01:01:36 am »

Well that was... brief.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: November 07, 2012, 01:02:11 am »

Oh, is weed in Colorado a 21 thing? That makes sense. For some reason nobody ever seems to mention the age restrictions in their legalization frenzy. I guess it'll be as hard to get as liquor now, i.e. not hard at all.

Colorado now treats Marijuana like alcohol. It is Illegal to be caught driving under the influence (though they haven't really set a standard for that yet) and plans are to tax it as much as possible.

It's simple, if you have THC in your blood you are under the influence. Simple, cold, logical, and doesn't play favorites, just what the law should be.

With alcohol it only counts if it is more than a certain amount in the blood.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: November 07, 2012, 01:02:42 am »

So is it over? Now I just need to wait the 30 seconds for it to show up on youtube...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: November 07, 2012, 01:03:44 am »

THC can remain in your blood for up to a couple weeks after you smoke. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely not under the influence a week after I smoke. It's the fat solubility that screws it up.

Also there's still this deal with field blood tests. I think those are a little too invasive to be routine tests. I'm fine with taking a breathalyzer if I'm sober but seem drunk, but not giving blood if I'm sober but seem high.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: November 07, 2012, 01:06:01 am »

Based on other people's personal accounts, it doesn't even seem like driving while high on marijuana is that much of a problem.  The people I know who admit to having done it say it made them drive really slow and paranoid.  So at worst, they become a nuisance on the road, but not a danger?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: November 07, 2012, 01:07:23 am »

Any impairment's a danger, considering. I dunno if it's worse or better than alcohol, but neither really should be allowed.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: November 07, 2012, 01:07:47 am »

Dammit, from what I hear, everyone in florida's gone home and no more votes will be counted tonight  >:(
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: November 07, 2012, 01:09:05 am »

Am I the only one who doesn't carea bout marijuana?

Dammit, from what I hear, everyone in florida's gone home and no more votes will be counted tonight  >:(
It goes Obama, against everyon's early belief.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 714