Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279206 times)

Berserker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #510 on: November 11, 2012, 03:43:16 am »

Kirjastalon Salissa
I don't usually care about poetry, but I found this intriguing. From what I understood, you are trying to learn finnish?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 11, 2012, 12:18:06 pm »

Recently I was reading IGN and felt compelled to mock them. Lines are alternating between legit review and arghblargblarg I'm so cool.
Spoiler: Wii U for Twats (click to show/hide)
My wooden badge was delicious.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 11, 2012, 12:37:19 pm »

just going to drop this real quick
sweet dreams

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was boring. Needed more welder's masks. And stitches.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 11, 2012, 01:25:35 pm »

sweet dreams

"come on guys, I'm trying to be scary down here"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #515 on: November 11, 2012, 02:02:59 pm »

Here's my progress so far:

Watching the Firefly marathon on Science Channel helps with working on this.

EDIT EDIT:
Just noticed there was a bit of a ding on the hangar underwing flat. I guess I had that vertex a point too high and forgot about it. Fixed it. Thank goodness for locking onto the grid. Quick and seamless fix.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:25:24 am by Itnetlolor »

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #516 on: November 11, 2012, 02:13:09 pm »

sweet dreams

"come on guys, I'm trying to be scary down here"

one of these days, robocorn...
... one of these days  :P

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 11, 2012, 11:33:31 pm »

Kirjastalon Salissa
I don't usually care about poetry, but I found this intriguing. From what I understood, you are trying to learn finnish?

I was in Finland for one and a half months as an exchange student before being kicked out becasue my host family were complete bastards. While there, I bought this book I'd heard about that's supposed to be the seminal work of Finnish literature for nuts like me who like Joyce and Proust and other Modernists, called Alastalon Salissa. I still have the book. It's never been translated into English- the guy who tried had to give up halfway through. So, the poem is mourning this book that I never got to read and- because there's nobody to practice my Finnish with around here, or really any way to- never will get to.

The title is a pun, by the way. Kirjasto means library, and Alastalo is a town- the title of the book means "In the room [or parlor] in Alastalo".
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:34:20 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #519 on: November 12, 2012, 05:26:04 pm »

Made more progress on my ship:
Just added wings and more to the backside, and made the bulkhead extend to meet the front intakes. Still need to finish the backside, and add the rear vector-engine block, as well as the draft-channelers that close towards and on the tail.

You can now see some windows, and can get a better idea of just how tall this monster is. It's comparable in height to a cruise ship (up to 11-13 decks tall).

Now I come and think of it, those wings are huge. And that's just the primary rear wings of the ship (Primary ailerons, flaps, and spoilers go there). Thank goodness this thing doesn't depend on liquid fuels, because otherwise, those wings would also be catastrophically heav(y/ier). Well, when the ship is moored or on the ground, the crew can play football on the wings. Funny thing, it sounds like what the crew of this ship would actually do during their downtime.

EDIT:
Considering I at least have the basic shape of the wings down, I might remodel them into something better (built in parts like the rear portion and the bulkheads). Considering the size, and just how low-poly it is, it seems fair.

EDIT EDIT:
Actually, it's an airship; but with proper tinkering of the 4D-μ, it can travel in space; but why travel through space when you can fold space to jump planets with an airship? Just be certain the coordinates on the Cortex remain accurate to the kilometer; otherwise, it'll be one hell of a ride down. Alternatively, we can always hire a Navigator psychic to help out with that nifty bit of magitek.

Thanks to ion thrust (or equivalent), it should be able to propel itself through space anyway; but it's primary cause is to fly around like a fighter plane of a battleship meeting a rally car's steering mechanics (e.g. Powersliding).

Oh yeah, and one more bit of trivia about the ship. The key to activate it is not some small key anyone can carry on their hand, but instead, is a sword/keyblade (something more badass looking than the ones you see in Kingdom Hearts; it has a more Final Fantasy design to it, and is modeled more like a claymore in durability and damage output, while still resembling a key in appearance (think a set of car keys)). You want authority to fly it, speak to the "Lady of the Lake", so the crew will tell you. Just hope you're good in combat.

Reason for this is because in case the ship is retired or decommissioned or rendered derelict; I would want it to be one of those legendary 'artifacts' that require some nifty elements to activate it (leave something behind for adventurers). So why not a "mythical sword" to activate a ship named after a mythical sword?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:45:34 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 12, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »

And now it looks better. Also: The idea of people playing football on a space ship is hilarious. :))
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 12, 2012, 10:29:56 pm »

I made this safe for all of your enjoyment.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 13, 2012, 12:35:41 am »

What the flying fuck is that?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:28 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:07:29 pm by Ogdibus »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #524 on: November 13, 2012, 02:37:06 am »

What the flying fuck is that?
An awesome idea for a hoodie. :3
I am reminded of the spitters from XCOM Apocalypse.

EDIT:
Try playing XCOM: Apocalypse again and now, try not to think of Spitters wearing bikinis.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:35:48 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 845