Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283165 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #525 on: November 13, 2012, 10:22:43 pm »

Got bored a bit ago and wanted to practice drawing something from real life, most convenient example was right at hand.

(I'm just copy-pasting the exact post to everywhere I post art, I'm sorry but that pun is just too terrible to pass up)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:51 am »

Got bored a bit ago and wanted to practice drawing something from real life, most convenient example was right at hand.

(I'm just copy-pasting the exact post to everywhere I post art, I'm sorry but that pun is just too terrible to pass up)

FTFY :P

but really, nice work.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2012, 10:38:28 pm »

So, did some work on my voxelized ray lighting thing, and this is what happened!

Not quite as good looking as I'd like but it is still better than what I had goin on it! I should make a day-time picture also to show what things look like with lightsources in the 'sunlight'
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 17, 2012, 02:26:34 am »

Looks pretty neat Galen.

Currently working on a drawing, came across another one of those odd stumbling blocks when trying to draw a anthropomorphic female dragon wearing a generic T-shirt and pants.
The issue? "Umm, shit, I don't know how to draw breasts"

Fortunately some asking around and advice from some people seems to have given me a pretty good outline for drawing the shirt over.

(Also you're all welcome, I actually used the width tags this time in consideration for people with a monitor less than 1920x1080. =p)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #529 on: November 17, 2012, 02:30:57 am »

@Bombzero: that looks pretty good, and thanks for the compliment on my own work :D I think that the shirt would look a little better if the shirt were a little more flattened over the middle of the breasts instead of looking like it's squished down between them. Currently it looks like either an insanely formfitting shirt or that the dragon has no shirt on and thus just barely SFW :P
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 17, 2012, 03:45:17 am »

@Bombzero: that looks pretty good, and thanks for the compliment on my own work :D I think that the shirt would look a little better if the shirt were a little more flattened over the middle of the breasts instead of looking like it's squished down between them. Currently it looks like either an insanely formfitting shirt or that the dragon has no shirt on and thus just barely SFW :P
Yeah, that was basically linework demonstrating where the breasts would be with the shirt fully drawn.

Well, how bout this.

I was totally planning on coloring this before, but stumbled into this while doing a quick sketchy shading.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #531 on: November 17, 2012, 09:00:30 pm »

As mentioned on that other forum, i sadly have no advice to offer, since i'm terrible at free-hand drawing and soft shading. :c

so here's a face
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
pleasant dreams bromates
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #532 on: November 18, 2012, 03:58:00 am »

@Bombzero: yeah the new pic looks much better :D

So, I made a new version of my Universe generator. This picture is coloured based on some preset conditions: the universe is quartered along the z-axis (in Unity 3D) with a shell on the inside for a different colour.

Built using 3D Simplex noise :D Huzzah for Simplex Noise WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #533 on: November 18, 2012, 09:14:01 pm »

ooo

Nice! Are those stars or galaxies (or galactic super clusters)? There's an awful lot of them regardless, and they have a neat distribution. c:

also i kind of exceeded 9000 pageviews on deviantArt so........
ANIMATION TIME
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 18, 2012, 09:16:16 pm »

ooo

Nice! Are those stars or galaxies (or galactic super clusters)? There's an awful lot of them regardless, and they have a neat distribution. c:

ANIMATION TIME

One word. Amazing.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 19, 2012, 12:20:52 am »

If anyone's interested in what made this look like (via gimp): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gum_bichromate
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #536 on: November 19, 2012, 02:10:43 am »

@Shook: They are supposed to be sectors similar to EVE:Online, so I'm guessing individual star systems. It's my first paid gig ^_^!

Just got Sector-gate connections working again, so hopefully I'll have a picture soon of that. 50k Sectors take a while to get all of their connections set up :( I need to make them use a better proximity check but I'll do that tomorrow. This is for a game where this universe map is stored on a server so speed isn't a huge concern right now. My save file is currently sitting at about 50MB. Once I serialize the connections it will probably jump up to 75-100MB >.>

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 19, 2012, 06:14:38 am »

ooo

ANIMATION TIME

Once again, Shook wins the internet, cookies, and something else.
This is win.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #538 on: November 19, 2012, 07:30:55 am »

Sorry for the large image! It is a picture from the middle of 77k sectors with somewhere around 140k Connections between them :P Some of the sectors are not actually connected to the main body, which sucks, but it does look sorta cool to me.

And as an addition: I will present my prototype of a chat-client which currently only echos what you say back to you. The only decent control is typing "/nick Something" will change the speaker name to whatever you type after /nick so you don't have to type as me while testing hehe. It features 'tabs' which have their own line buffers and you can open and close them at will other than the "Main" tab which will stay open forever since having no tabs crashes the program.... >.>

Click here to chat with yourself!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #539 on: November 19, 2012, 08:17:49 am »

something I made, when I actually just designed the logo and got a friend to print them for me
I think they're actually stickers for cars, but my headphones might just have to endure the same conditions

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 845