Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282478 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #750 on: February 20, 2013, 03:16:28 pm »

So I suppose the main focal point of this was learning how to shade better. As it turns out all I know how to do is transition colors well then use the smear too and mix them.

Initially I was going to draw a rose, but they looked hard as hell, so I drew a tulip. Only after did I realize that I gave the tulip a rose stem. fack.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lol'd at the stem part, haha. Looks quite good actually, though i have to say that the flower itself looks a bit dark and dull for a flower, mostly in terms of colour. Tulips in particular tend to have rather vibrant colours, so this is one of the rare cases where one should be careful with the darker colours. The stem looks excellent though, great work!

@Jopax: Aww, thanks for the kind words! I giggled when you said that "random internet dude" bit, because it made me realize how awkward it must be to suddenly and without warning be blasted with the insecurities of a completely random dude you've never met. So, sorry 'bout that, i get emotional pretty easily. :P

In light of this, i decided to finally slap some shading on that detectosaurus i posted earlier.

weeeeeeeeeeee
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #751 on: February 20, 2013, 06:02:41 pm »

And here we go with more renders from the furnace.

I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 20, 2013, 06:12:40 pm »

@Shook, that's one of the things I love about the internet actually, it removes most inhibition that face to face social interaction carries with it and somehow makes it easy to talk about the strangest stuff and the most personal stuff too. Just gotta take the good with the bad I guess (your stuff by no means is bad just to be clear).

The Dino looks spiffy as ever, have you thought about doing the comics in color? On a weekly basis or something?

@Djohaal, again, awesome stuff, like the day one much better, the night one needs more dramatic lightning to make it pop against the background more (or a more interesting backdrop so it blends in more easily for that complete dehumanization cyberpunk feel).

Anyways, new doodle, about 20 minutes or so, trying to get them done as quickly as possible, this one feels kidna bland :S

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #753 on: February 20, 2013, 06:35:10 pm »

The shading in that doodle is far superior to anything I could dream of accomplishing.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 20, 2013, 11:23:19 pm »

If there was another dude on top of the dragon holding onto the green dude's staff, this would be a rather nice rendering of the final moments of my last character in the Looter's Delight rtd.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 21, 2013, 03:22:49 am »

The result of boredom at Russian literature class: a little portrait of Nostalgia Critic.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 21, 2013, 08:06:57 am »

The result of boredom at Russian literature class: a little portrait of Nostalgia Critic.
Poor Critic. Now he's got to review boring Russian literature.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #757 on: February 21, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »

Nostalgia Critic looks disapproving of Russian literature. :c

also i felt doodly today so
That's why i also like dragons. They're like angry spiky dinosaurs with wings.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 21, 2013, 07:56:16 pm »

A polandball thing I did for that particular subreddit... I can't really explain it, but it took a lot longer to make than it should have.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 21, 2013, 09:03:00 pm »

that dinosaur is strangely adorable, not going to lie.

I've been running out of ideas lately. I feel like I'm constantly drawing the same thing (usually people). Anyone have any ideas or something?
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 22, 2013, 04:45:39 am »

I've been running out of ideas lately. I feel like I'm constantly drawing the same thing (usually people). Anyone have any ideas or something?

Draw a bug. Seriously, make your own insect. It's lots of fun I think. Or arachnid. The fourth legs can be modified legs. For like, stabbing things. Or hugging.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 22, 2013, 08:15:48 am »

Draw a bug. Seriously, make your own insect. It's lots of fun I think. Or arachnid. The fourth legs can be modified legs. For like, stabbing things. Or hugging. Or more stabbing. Casual stabbing. And CHEESE PRODUCTIONN! BEST SPIDERARACHNIDSCORPION!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #762 on: February 22, 2013, 09:02:58 am »

it should go without saying but i, as always, will suggest DRAW MORE DINOSAURS AAA

OR! Draw the most insane and illogical monster you can think of. It's always fun to push the boundaries of your own imagination.

Also, totally forgot to respond to Jopax in the heat of the moment aaa
The Dino looks spiffy as ever, have you thought about doing the comics in color? On a weekly basis or something?
That is an interesting idea, actually. Maybe two a week? That'd be far less exhausting, while still allowing plenty of time to pen tool it up and maybe add colours. Not quite sure about the colours or whether i should... STICK to the stickman style, but hey, all in due time!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 22, 2013, 07:21:19 pm »

It's the angrysaur! And his terrifyingly flat snout!

Although, the more I use my tablet, the more apparent it becomes that I should find a new program for drawings like this.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 23, 2013, 06:49:00 am »

I'm trying my hand at flash currently, let me know if this is good or bad.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 845