Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283032 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #795 on: March 03, 2013, 12:44:41 am »

I made a Bob Ross cloud!

It's not much, but I like painting stuff like Bob Ross does. It gives me an excuse to watch Bob Ross paint.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 03, 2013, 09:12:18 am »

Here's a sketch I've been working on recently for a friend.  I'm about wrapping up the sketch phase, about to start painting it:

Is that Jango fett or Boba fett?
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 03, 2013, 10:24:48 am »

Its Jabonga Fett!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 03, 2013, 10:56:04 am »

Here's a sketch I've been working on recently for a friend.  I'm about wrapping up the sketch phase, about to start painting it:

Is that Jango fett or Boba fett?

I suppose it would be Boba, as he's got a Carbine and Cargo Pants.  I haven't decided if I'll paint him in Boba Fett's colors, or just turn him into some un-named Mandalorian with some other colors
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 03, 2013, 01:35:30 pm »

I have a question for Jopax: how do you paint mountains like in the first post of The Great Journey? Mine always turn out like crap.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 03, 2013, 05:26:16 pm »

one more question vactor, is that picture done on a tablet or paper?
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 03, 2013, 07:09:12 pm »

That was with my tablet, using autodesk sketchbook, which is the software i've found that best emulates a pencil drawing.  They have a free version available that I used for a while before I bought the full version.  The free version limits the number of layers you can work with, and merges all layers when you open a saved file, but you can still do a lot with it.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 04, 2013, 03:56:26 pm »

That was with my tablet, using autodesk sketchbook, which is the software i've found that best emulates a pencil drawing.  They have a free version available that I used for a while before I bought the full version.  The free version limits the number of layers you can work with, and merges all layers when you open a saved file, but you can still do a lot with it.
I was thinking it was a tablet. I'm still working on finding a good program to use, so I might have to give that one a shot.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 04, 2013, 05:05:41 pm »

I have a question for Jopax: how do you paint mountains like in the first post of The Great Journey? Mine always turn out like crap.

Honestly, I don't have much of a clue how I exactly went about doing it. Trial and error most of the time and I usually wing it without much thought put into remembering the exact process.

Generally tho, start off with a big shape of the mountain with a hard brush with some randomization to make the edges feel more natural. Then after deciding what it will kinda look like you go in with progressively smaller and harder brushes while you detail the stones, snow, and foliage to your desired level of detail. Some references or even textures can help speed up the work and even add more detail to the piece. After that it's just lightning passess with shadows and light figured out from the shapes and the rest of the scene.

I'll try and do a quick process to hopefully show it off :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Halindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #804 on: March 05, 2013, 06:51:14 am »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 06, 2013, 01:38:21 pm »

And here it is, hope it helps :D

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #806 on: March 06, 2013, 06:56:28 pm »

Hot damn, them's some pretty mountains! The thing i personally don't get (which is a mostly unrelated matter) is how people can just like refine their images like that with a smaller brush. I can't do that for shit without gratuitous erasing, though i suppose it's just a matter of practice, which i really don't have a lot of when it comes to digital painting. :P

@Halindir: Beautiful, simply beautiful. I really love your work in general, you're crazy good at this beautiful music! C:

And now, something to contrast the torrent of beauty you guys have just been subjeced to in the former two posts.

THE MOST ANGRY MANATEE with some horribly offset nostrils
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 06, 2013, 08:35:46 pm »

Ok so question: Made from scratch or modified? Because if it's from scratch, then that's really awesome. In any case, it's a bit hard to see the details of such a relatively dark sprite against this glaringly bright background. Any chance of getting a zoomed-in version (as in x2 size with no interpolation)? Easier to see the details that way, and thus easier to give actual useful feedback. :U
Base image. Basically, the rider is largely original, though I did use the one in the base sprite as a reference for scale. The mech is not original at all - the additional dakka is just copied from a couple of different sprites and blended in. I'll get a bigger one up when I get home.

EDIT: Here you go.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:46:58 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Halindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #808 on: March 07, 2013, 08:07:35 am »

Hot damn, them's some pretty mountains! The thing i personally don't get (which is a mostly unrelated matter) is how people can just like refine their images like that with a smaller brush. I can't do that for shit without gratuitous erasing, though i suppose it's just a matter of practice, which i really don't have a lot of when it comes to digital painting. :P

@Halindir: Beautiful, simply beautiful. I really love your work in general, you're crazy good at this beautiful music! C:

And now, something to contrast the torrent of beauty you guys have just been subjeced to in the former two posts.

THE MOST ANGRY MANATEE with some horribly offset nostrils

Thank you very much, Lord Shook!
Funny, I just had a conversation with a friend about manatees. Love the expression and the pretty shading adds to the "I'll gut you"-feel. Nice work hah

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A wallpaper I made recently. Spoilered for bigness.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 845