Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282931 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2415 on: June 19, 2014, 03:42:06 pm »

guys youre not supposed to make me blush
guyssss
I bet you're adorable, objective.
NOW BLUSH YOU BASTARD
* Iron holds Ob's face in front ot Mastah
Quick, boss. Go get the blush.

NINJAEDIT: D'aww.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2416 on: June 19, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »

Sheep ninja. The art of Sheepjutsu.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: June 19, 2014, 05:37:09 pm »

Neenja?

:C

Anyways, don't have much arting time, so here's a quick VPA (Virtual Plein Air for future reference) of someplace in Vietnam:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2418 on: June 19, 2014, 06:03:22 pm »

Anyways, don't have much arting time, so here's a quick VPA (Virtual Plein Air for future reference) of someplace in Vietnam:

I like that scene.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2420 on: June 19, 2014, 10:31:24 pm »

That's nice. Are you just using the emboss tool for that?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: June 19, 2014, 10:35:50 pm »

Sort of. Layer styles in Photoshop. Duplicate layer with a mask of what I want to be carved in, then fiddle with a Bevel and Emboss style. Lots of control over how it turns out, though maybe overcomplicated. I just don't understand how I had such a hard time making things go down from a surface before - my last time fiddling with this sort of thing, I could only get them to rise up from the image.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:37:54 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: June 20, 2014, 12:15:12 am »

I did a thing.

Wanted to try my hand at primarily a paint rather than a lineart drawing. Obviously there's a rough sketchy sketch of the figure which I decided to keep because I liked the look of it. Based of a scene from an anime, because I'm too tired to feel like trying to do original content. And I haven't done any drawing in weeks. Anyway, I like how it came out. Kinda stylized, vivid colors, the background looks like clouds. Could probably add more shape to the cloud background, in retrospect it looks flat. Probably overdid the water brush.

Took ~40 to 50 minutes. Listened to Killswitch Engage's End of Heartache album. Done in SAI primarily with the airbrush and the water brush and various shades of red. Wacom Bamboo TAblet.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: June 20, 2014, 08:44:58 am »

So I've started to make a forge to do some blacksmithing.

Spoiler: Warning, BIGHUEG image (click to show/hide)

The charcoal will go in the steel brake disk. I wanted a brake drum, but couldn't get hold of one.
I've used a steel can to attach the exhaust pipe. I'm going to chop the exhaust pipe up and make a t-piece. The T-piece will get air through the horizontal part of the t-piece (either with bellows or a hair dryer with the heating element removed) and ash will fall down into a bucket that i'll fill to make a water seal. I'll use either bricks or cinderblocks to make a stand for it.

It should get hot enough to heat steel enough I can shape it or melt aluminium for sand-casting.

The anvil i'm using is an old anchor weight. I need to sand down the surface i'm using to make it flat, but at the moment it's just a big painted block of steel, so there's no point taking pictures of that.

Soon, I hope to make some knives and the like.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: June 20, 2014, 09:22:25 am »

Attempt #2 at a picture Krita stole from me via crashing like a b^W*^.

Hoverboards are cool. Post-apocalypses are cool.
Combine the two for maximum cool.

Also, warpaint. Because screw camouflage.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:00:20 pm by DarkDXZ »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2425 on: June 20, 2014, 02:10:55 pm »

So I've started to make a forge to do some blacksmithing.

Spoiler: Warning, BIGHUEG image (click to show/hide)

The charcoal will go in the steel brake disk. I wanted a brake drum, but couldn't get hold of one.
I've used a steel can to attach the exhaust pipe. I'm going to chop the exhaust pipe up and make a t-piece. The T-piece will get air through the horizontal part of the t-piece (either with bellows or a hair dryer with the heating element removed) and ash will fall down into a bucket that i'll fill to make a water seal. I'll use either bricks or cinderblocks to make a stand for it.

It should get hot enough to heat steel enough I can shape it or melt aluminium for sand-casting.

The anvil i'm using is an old anchor weight. I need to sand down the surface i'm using to make it flat, but at the moment it's just a big painted block of steel, so there's no point taking pictures of that.

Soon, I hope to make some knives and the like.

Yay blacksmithing! One day I too will have space for a forge again... There's a thread on blacksmithing in case you're interested in sharing your experiences! It's called Ye Olde Magma Forge, it's around here somewhere.

Keep us posted!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:20 pm »

Ye Olde Magma Forge. Any questions you have will be answered to the best of our ability.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2427 on: June 20, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »

I am currently working on an album. This specific piece is about the Vanir of Vanaheimr, the gods of Nordic mythology associated with foresight, fertility and wisdom.
https://soundcloud.com/vaniardur/vanaheimr

WHY DOES THIS NOT GET MORE ATTENTION

It is great and wonderful music, i really like your style! Looking forward to hearing the rest of this album. :D

also i drew a silly thing that is kind of a comparison between how i envision generic dinosaurs and generic dragons

I'm actually reasonably okay with this, despite the dinosaurs weird eye. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2428 on: June 20, 2014, 06:26:30 pm »

Maybe if it was a bit rounder?

nightcrafter27

• Bay Watcher
  • Extrapolator Extrodinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: June 20, 2014, 11:58:50 pm »

I messed around with some materials/different reflections, and thought somebody might be interested. Now to draw something to use this in...
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 845