Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282943 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #3945 on: January 15, 2015, 12:45:32 pm »

His neck should be buff as hell.
his neck is actually so buff that he can lift the sword with almost no effort which is why his neck doesn't appear to be buff as hell

!!!

!!!!!!!!

Also here's another paperdoodle because i don't have time for laptopping at night these days.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"my beak hurts"
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: January 15, 2015, 11:56:35 pm »

After a (very short), I couldn't find any appropriate thread, so here goes.
Is there any way to actually use the overlay layer mode on Gimp? I would like to use it for shading, but nothing on the layer will show up. Multiply, actually, is the only one that does.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: January 16, 2015, 12:21:44 am »

Hm. What shows up depends on what's underneath and what you're painting with it. Bright, highly saturated colors on the lower level, especially, are not obviously affected by a black overlay. Part of this is probably that Overlay will generally up the saturation (which makes it good for shading, when it works), but I'm not 100% sure what the deal here is.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: January 16, 2015, 12:32:58 am »

After a (very short), I couldn't find any appropriate thread, so here goes.
Is there any way to actually use the overlay layer mode on Gimp? I would like to use it for shading, but nothing on the layer will show up. Multiply, actually, is the only one that does.

Are you sure you want to use GIMP? I tried using GIMP at one point and I found everything in the program needlessly complicated to execute, namely shading. If you're just starting out with image-editing, you might want to give Paint.NET a try. It's not as powerful as GIMP, but it's much more intuitive and easy-to-learn.

To put down a shading layer in Paint.NET, you create a new layer above your background, lower it's opacity then put down pure-black in it. Simple as that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:35:00 am by DragonDePlatino »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: January 16, 2015, 09:59:43 am »

You can do that in GIMP, but it's a bad idea (and presumably is in Paint.NET, too). Just dropping black like that only adjusts the brightness, but real shadows also play with saturation and, to a lesser extent, hue.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #3950 on: January 16, 2015, 12:32:23 pm »

Fox? Fox.

originally intended to be a reindeer

I'm happy with the style and outcome, though. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: January 16, 2015, 12:38:48 pm »

Yeah, I definitely would have said deer rather than fox.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: January 16, 2015, 12:43:29 pm »

Yeah, reindeer can pull stuff for you. And they'd be all like "Naw man, it's cool, we got this." But what can a fox even do for you?

Spoiler: NOTHING! (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: January 16, 2015, 12:44:22 pm »

Yeah, reindeer can pull stuff for you. And they'd be all like "Naw man, it's cool, we got this." But what can a fox even do for you?

Firefox has encountered a problem with Windows.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: January 16, 2015, 12:46:24 pm »

Firefox has encountered a problem with Windows.

Mwahaha
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: January 17, 2015, 12:20:13 pm »

I remade the mountains (and therefore rivers) on my map and added some fancy-shmancy effects to make it look better. Currently sketching out the roads and towns and shit (without names), but not gonna show that yet. That's gonna be a topic of discussion for our group tomorrow.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: January 17, 2015, 12:49:00 pm »

Speaking of maps, I've more or less finished the one I did for my buddy's D&D setting. There may be some touch-ups done later down the line, but with the semester starting it's likely I won't have time.

Spoiler: Click to Embiggen (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: January 17, 2015, 03:20:49 pm »

i--is that ocean a bunch of clouds

DID YOU DRAW THE MAGICAL KINGDOM OF ZEAL AS A D&D SETTING
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: January 17, 2015, 06:29:57 pm »

Have a therapy piece:

Therapy as in letting the nasty shit out on the canvas instead of keeping it in.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: January 17, 2015, 06:40:01 pm »

Speaking of maps, I've more or less finished the one I did for my buddy's D&D setting. There may be some touch-ups done later down the line, but with the semester starting it's likely I won't have time.

Spoiler: Click to Embiggen (click to show/hide)
Thank you so much for sharing this, because looking at it eventually led to me discovering that the Bionicles series got a reboot this year.
Your map looked similar to the old Mata Nui map, which led me to the wiki, which in turn led me to a page on that wiki that mentioned a reboot, and here I am a few days later with a new plastic robot.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 845