Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279194 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5610 on: September 21, 2015, 12:58:23 am »

I don't know if there's a minimum quality requirement here, but if there is I'm about to violate the hell out of it.

I've decided my early Christmas present for finishing NaNoWriMo this year is going to be a drawing tablet, so I've been poking at graphics programs and putting off actually planning for NaNo. This is what I doodled in SAI:

Spoiler: A-aww jeez, Rick... (click to show/hide)

I've heard people say drawing with a mouse is like trying to sign your name with a brick. Seems apt.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: September 21, 2015, 07:08:06 pm »

I just released the second version of the experimental text-based game, Danse Nocturne. You can play it in browser or download it here.

It's written in blank verse, based on one of the legends of Charlemagne. It is played by dancing in different ways and has over a dozen different endings and understands over 1200 different adverbs. (Word of warning, it doesn't understand anything other than adverbs though.)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: September 21, 2015, 08:39:45 pm »

I'm not posting here as much as I'd like to. I blame my snail pace when drawing for that. Also every single of you people's stuff is amazing, btw.

So anyways, here's the same guy from that forum game as last time, except different because reasons:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: September 22, 2015, 11:56:52 am »

I still really like that symbol for some reason.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: September 22, 2015, 02:43:45 pm »

I still really like that symbol for some reason.

I don't know what to say :P. The symbol was chosen at the last second, so I can't say that there's been much thought put into it.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: September 22, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5616 on: September 23, 2015, 08:19:16 am »

I don't know when to stop, send help.

Also it occurs to me that the taper of her eye should really actually be visible from that angle. Oops.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: September 23, 2015, 12:09:30 pm »

Nice! The main thing there is that her face needs to wrap around her skull, if you see what I mean. There's a natural curvature, but you've drawn it nearly flat, so her entire right side looks bigger than her left.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5618 on: September 23, 2015, 12:16:25 pm »

Hm, I see. I partly fixed it up on the mouth (which used to be a pretty bad case of that), but it is still a problem.

I might be able to correct it, but charcoal is fickle and I doubt it'll erase. I'll remember for next time though, thank you.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5619 on: September 23, 2015, 12:22:41 pm »

On top of what Bauglir said, that is a very long nose she got there, which also leads to the mouth being a bit too far down. Allow me to regale upon you some fancy tips for facial proportions that i learned during arting course, if you don't mind:

It's mostly the nose that i'm poking you about, though, and it is of course possible to exaggerate facial proportions (but to be completely honest, the nose doesn't seem like intentional exaggeration). Nice job on the shading and details! c:

*menacing cigarette pull*

Man he cold, bleeding from the mouth and then just being like "i need a smoke". Also slight poke about the eyes being too high up on the head. At first you'll think like "JEEGUS THAT FOREHEAD IS HUGE" but note that our domes are typically concealed by glorious hair. Also secondary note: Your body proportions are good, but it'd be nice to see a bit more "swoosh" in the pose. Android Arts explains swooshyness better than i do, but long story short, humens generally have some curve to their posture (also seen in the Android Arts tutorial, directly above the line art section).

also guys really do tell me if i'm being too gung ho about criticism

In other news, here's a shark punching a box fan.

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: September 23, 2015, 12:32:36 pm »

Android arts, huh? Should take a look at that. Also, criticism noted. I mean, any feedback is good in its own right.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: September 23, 2015, 12:43:35 pm »

There are times I can draw.
There are times I fail to draw.
There are times when I try to draw a chin.

then an hour later I will be frustrated to the point of resorting to more cartoon-y aspects just to have an excuse to make a chin the way I want.

Character was from a dream I had (Pleasant dream in many aspects), and she also tends to just leak into other dreams, so I figured maybe I should just draw them more often.
I also tend to not like coloring my drawings, leaving everything in grayscale, so that is why the middle is there.
and the furthest right is because inversion shows you what can happen if you decide you want crazy.
Flaming Baby Catapult

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5622 on: September 23, 2015, 12:52:24 pm »

Critique snipped for size.

also guys really do tell me if i'm being too gung ho about criticism

Thanks for the proportion reference. I've been slowly working out the proportions from studies, but you've actually more-or-less nailed my issue -- I've never been able to work out exactly how the nose fits into the sizes. Eyebrows almost universally sit on the brow ridge, by the way, but they tend to be a lot easier to use artistic license with (see: my picture) because they move around a lot anyway.

As for the skull, don't worry. Bio student, seriously considered going into medicine. :P

And so far you've never been too gung-ho with criticism. After all, a) if I didn't want criticism I could always either not post it or specifically ask, b) listening to criticism is by far the fastest way to improve.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: September 23, 2015, 10:40:38 pm »

Spoiler: Dogs (click to show/hide)
Learnin' to draw dogs. I also put an adorable puppy in there. Y'know, for the kids.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: September 23, 2015, 11:14:22 pm »

Looks like something straight out of a legit "how to draw dogs" book.

I'm saying your skills are good enough to be in a tutorial book by a professional artist. That's meant to be a compliment.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 845