Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282711 times)

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5805 on: October 18, 2015, 06:52:25 am »

It's very flat, and the image is very large for what it contains. I'd suggest expanding the image as you work rather than starting with a massive canvas. Also, there seems to be a lot of dirt with nothing actually there, which is basically the same problem.

For Cinder, and everyone else thinking about giving up:

The ceramics teacher announced on opening day that he was dividing the class into two groups.
All those on the left side of the studio, he said, would be graded solely on the quantity of work they produced, all those on the right solely on its quality.
His procedure was simple: on the final day of class he would bring in his bathroom scales and weigh the work of the “quantity” group: 50 pounds of pots rated an “A”, 40 pounds a “B”, and so on.
Those being graded on “quality”, however, needed to produce only one pot — albeit a perfect one — to get an “A”.
Well, came grading time and a curious fact emerged: the works of highest quality were all produced by the group being graded for quantity.
It seems that while the “quantity” group was busily churning out piles of work-and learning from their mistakes — the “quality” group had sat theorizing about perfection, and in the end had little more to show for their efforts than grandiose theories and a pile of dead clay.

— Art and Fear - David Bayles and Ted Orland

Draw stuff! Even if you think it's crappy stuff.

Also, looking at some 'draw it again' artworks can be really inspiring. For instance, this is from an artist I follow on tumblr:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Three years isn't that long, but the difference is astounding. Don't give up, even if you think you're producing absolute shit (which, specifically aimed at Cinder, you aren't). I couldn't draw at all two years ago. I'm still not that good, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I used to be.

* Arx puts the profanity back in the cupboard.
A lot of dirt?I dont see a lot of dirt , just a little place to relax.
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: October 18, 2015, 07:12:16 am »

Update

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: October 18, 2015, 11:08:32 am »

I was bored.
Spoiler: Some thing (click to show/hide)
Its a batch file , just open notepad , paste , when you register put .bat at the end of the filename and select all types.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: October 18, 2015, 11:10:09 am »

I took Earth, inverted the dirt and water, flipped the whole thing horizontally and vertically and trimmed a bunch of land to allow for proper oceans and continents to form and voila, I made a brand new world map!

This thing crashed my Krita multiple times on both Ubuntu and Windows; less so on the latter which is why I finished it up there.

BONUS.
BONUS #2 (before cutting off all the land).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:15:25 am by Maks »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: October 18, 2015, 11:10:25 am »

I was bored.
Spoiler: Some thing (click to show/hide)
Its a batch file , just open notepad , paste , when you register put .bat at the end of the filename and select all types.
What does it do???
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: October 18, 2015, 11:19:36 am »

Its just a program.Open it and you will have the controls.
The program just does write stuff , the default character is . but you can put anything as the new char , like a word , a sentence , or just a single character.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: October 18, 2015, 11:21:44 am »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: October 18, 2015, 11:26:36 am »

Feedback?

That hill looks hella awkward. If that's a dune, it should be way smoother and wider. If that's a pile of sand they dug up from that canyon, the side facing said canyon should be more steep, methinks.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: October 18, 2015, 01:53:19 pm »

They just mined.Also i plan on expanding that hill , actually , that is a settlement that is currently being constructed.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5815 on: October 18, 2015, 03:26:47 pm »

so i did a request for a friend for todays inktober

horizontal juggling
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5816 on: October 18, 2015, 03:35:42 pm »

The 'Draw it Again' challenge is always a nice challenge to do. I have noticed when I've done those a few times, I not as much re-drew the same thing, but rather considered the redraw attempts as a means and opportunity to upgrade (or update, like a time skip) and re-engineer some of my designs as I go about them. In some other cases, being able to do a 3D rebuild as well either via Blender or Minecraft (Voxel-by-voxel) also adds another dimension to working with them as well (helps especially since every voxel is a cubic-meter; I can measure accurately as I work).

Kinda reminds me, I still have a long way to go before I can really showcase my progress with the Excalibur Airship (being built in Minecraft). Fortunately, I remembered how user-friendly MCEdit is for stuff like that (also given that it's also not as much a resource-hog as the game itself when played; though not as fancy graphically; it works), so I'm reserving using Minecraft itself for more detail-oriented stuff, but for the main engineering stuff, I'm using MCEdit for the big stuff that would be a hassle. Another anti-hassle measure I love that I can do is working on half of the ship instead (keeping the rooms empty, of course) and upon finishing, copy-paste-mirror what I finish, and get the job done more quickly (half the time, and half the hassle). Kinda a reason I made the construction site at the Zero-point on the flatgrass world. User-friendly build coordinates for giant megaprojects like that.

Just realized something. Once I get some more 3D production skills down, with Blender at least (better modeling skills, and of course texturing/painting them), I can always use my Minecraft models as reference, and re-build those to a more ultra-refined format, instead of cubic-meter blocks, they can look much finer, where necessary. Kinda like doing a set design kind of thing; plus, I can also animate them to work how I see them work, which would otherwise be a pain to work with in another format like Minecraft (at least, to make turbines spin and such). Of course, to do such ultra-refinement, my skill doesn't only need to get better, but so does my hardware. So, for the time being, I'll have to make do with what i got for now.

EDIT:
Always an awesome personal goal to try to reach. Whenever I can invest in a 3D printer, gain enough skills to make my own model kits based on my artwork. I mean, a fully movable 3D printed model of one of my ships would rock to have sitting on my desktop. Especially something as badass as the flagship/airship I'm working on.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 04:26:35 pm by Itnetlolor »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5817 on: October 18, 2015, 05:55:30 pm »

GO FOR IT MAN

3D printers are hella cool, i kind of wish i could do 3D models just so i could print dumb things and put them on peoples desks. :v
Also, re: "draw this again", i tried that a year ago. Worth noting is that the "after" thing isn't a "this is as good as it can possibly get" as it's a "this is how i would draw it today", whereas the former... Actually is pretty close to the best i could do back then.

also here have another inktober

Spoiler: gnuf (click to show/hide)

Messed around with super cartoony proportions. I feel like it actually works decently for me, since i typically fail to nail realistic proportions anyways. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5818 on: October 19, 2015, 02:24:11 pm »

I decided mixed ink and pencil counted as Inktober. :v

Mostly a quick scribble before bed. Reasonably happy with it, although it has its fair share of issues. The face halves aren't supposed to match perfectly, which feels like cheating but meh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: October 19, 2015, 02:46:01 pm »

More tiles for my Fire Emblem forumgame thingy \o/

This time lets visit uhhh a museum I guess? Spacious castle thingy? Art gallery with offices on the side??

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 845