Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282552 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6795 on: February 20, 2016, 12:02:07 pm »

Spoiler: Commissar Cadet Landa (click to show/hide)
Another one in similarly shitty style, and... oh my God-Emperor I suck at faces and lighting.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6796 on: February 20, 2016, 12:12:07 pm »

Eyyy, what's wrong with it?

Also, I never claimed to be an artist myself, so eh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6797 on: February 20, 2016, 12:16:07 pm »

Behind the trigger finger, Commissars don't care about gun safety. :P

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6798 on: February 20, 2016, 12:28:57 pm »

It's far future, I ain't gotta explain shit, I get what you mean but I don't think you should really see the trigger from this angle, especially since there is a finger in the way and because of that I can't seem to manage to fix it and do it properly, I can only screw it up more. Dunno, really.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: February 20, 2016, 01:37:52 pm »

It could use a trigger yes, also the lower part of his hand is kinda wierd, the joint shouldn't be that big if the hand is bent that way. Other than that and some other stuff that can easily be considered a stylistic choice, pretty damn good work.

Anyways, something I've been noodling on for about two weeks now? Not sure, it's finally done and was pretty fun to do.

I have some other ideas with these guys in mind, may or may not pursue them further, depending on stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6800 on: February 20, 2016, 01:44:48 pm »

Nice rendering on the metal there.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6801 on: February 20, 2016, 01:53:34 pm »

Spoiler: Commissar Cadet Landa (click to show/hide)
Another one in similarly shitty style, and... oh my God-Emperor I suck at faces and lighting.
The poses you pull off are really impressive for pixel art, Kot. Well done. I have no problems with the way he's holding the gun, real officers do all kinds of funny poses with their guns to look cool. His hand seems a bit big though.

As for the gun, it looks like a severely undersized laspistol, and laspistols have a rearward trigger set into the grip (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/8/82/Accatran_Pattern_Mk_II_Hvy_Laspistol.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130309035156), which to me it seems you actually should be able to see it just a little. On the other hand there's so much bloat in the 40k setting that I doubt any fan would bat an eye at Kot handwaving it as a super special pattern of handgun. The writers do that shit all the time.

At any rate I did a slightly changed version (http://i.imgur.com/CHZBFpv.png). I made his glove a little shorter near the wrist so his hand doesn't seem so long, and I added a few pixels suggesting a trigger.

Anyways, something I've been noodling on for about two weeks now? Not sure, it's finally done and was pretty fun to do.

I have some other ideas with these guys in mind, may or may not pursue them further, depending on stuff.
The leg armor doesn't seem very securely fastened but the overall design is so dang cool that I don't really care.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6802 on: February 20, 2016, 02:16:21 pm »

As for the gun, it looks like a severely undersized laspistol, and laspistols have a rearward trigger set into the grip (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/8/82/Accatran_Pattern_Mk_II_Hvy_Laspistol.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130309035156), which to me it seems you actually should be able to see it just a little. On the other hand there's so much bloat in the 40k setting that I doubt any fan would bat an eye at Kot handwaving it as a super special pattern of handgun. The writers do that shit all the time.
Not intended, though yeah. I totally love to handwave Death Korps Of Krieg (and Armageddon Steel Legion) regiments as using way more autoguns and stubguns as they should, resulting in ridiculous amounts of Mp40s (more like Mp40000s) and Stg44s in far future, though official canon is also guilty of this as there are huge amounts of AK derivatives (understandable), M2 Browning lookalikes (also understandable) and AR15 knockoffs (in Wh40k reality those should proably count as one-shoot weapons, hue).

EDIT:
Gib ideas.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:30:16 pm by Kot »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: February 20, 2016, 02:37:09 pm »

@GUNIN
Yeah, it's supposed to go around the back too, but I probably should've connected it to the chest plates somehow. In any case, the whole lower body isn't as good as it could've/should've been but I really wanted to call it done after a long time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: February 20, 2016, 03:38:41 pm »

I got to draw this super cool ram fella.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6805 on: February 20, 2016, 03:50:49 pm »

I got to draw this super cool ram fella.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good to see you posting again Jack_Bread.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6806 on: February 20, 2016, 04:39:12 pm »

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:32:13 pm by Kot »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: February 20, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »

That grenade launcher looks like a modified version of the old British "Pom-Pom", basically a 37mmHE Maxim fed from a top-mag.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: February 20, 2016, 07:06:43 pm »

Warhammer 40k weapons, especially Imperium weapons, are basically the most distinctive and/or ridiculous weapons from history given a gritty sci-fi makeover.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6809 on: February 20, 2016, 07:23:23 pm »

Whole Wh40k universe, especially Imperium, is the most distinctive and/or ridiculous parts of human history given a gritty sci-fi makeover.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 845