Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282918 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7545 on: August 03, 2016, 02:28:48 pm »

It didn't scan amazingly, alas.

Nor is it amazing, alas.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: August 03, 2016, 02:42:40 pm »

I'm no artist, so don't listen to a word I say, but I think that the big floof of hair is making her head look larger than intended. That, along with the size of the face, makes it look odd. Not that I could do any better.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: August 03, 2016, 03:00:08 pm »

The head and neck are a bit stretched up, but that might not be in the original.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: August 03, 2016, 03:02:34 pm »

Oh yeah. That could also be why it looks weird to me. :P
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: August 03, 2016, 05:25:51 pm »

So, I made a map thing. Well, four possible variations of a map thing. Not sure which one I prefer just yet.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: August 05, 2016, 11:23:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I made a title. Unfortunately 1. The S doesn't stand out as well as I'd hoped. 2. I'm having difficulty getting other assets to look as cool.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Wetfire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: August 05, 2016, 01:21:04 pm »

Finished up some of my small 3d experimental landscapes with some clouds painted in Verve.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: August 05, 2016, 07:19:22 pm »

Finished up some of my small 3d experimental landscapes with some clouds painted in Verve.
This is the first I've heard of Verve. It looks neat, but would probably fry GPU.

Spoiler: Critique (click to show/hide)

Your clouds look like their all glitched out in the first two pictures. It would be a really neat effect in a setting like The Matrix. If you're doing this again, please do so with more glitched clouds, and more extreme terrain, like curved obelisks instead of gently rolling hills. Maybe some lightning or something. And now I want to draw a landscape, something I did not expect to say.

Wetfire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: August 05, 2016, 08:43:18 pm »

This is the first I've heard of Verve. It looks neat, but would probably fry GPU.

Spoiler: Critique (click to show/hide)

Your clouds look like their all glitched out in the first two pictures. It would be a really neat effect in a setting like The Matrix. If you're doing this again, please do so with more glitched clouds, and more extreme terrain, like curved obelisks instead of gently rolling hills. Maybe some lightning or something. And now I want to draw a landscape, something I did not expect to say.
I'm running a gtx 960, and so far Verve has been running smoothly, though I've been painting in sizes less than 2000 x 2000 pixels.

Fair enough, the 3d aspect is bad and I was a bit sloppy with the painting. This certainly something that as an artist I fall short, that being I tend to be a bit messy with most of my art. Also, I have a lot of inexperience, and I do not have any idea on how to make proper landscapes in blender :P.
I only painted over the mountains because I rendered the images of the landscapes first, I went back and looked at Verve there is a masking tool that allows you to mask off parts of the painting. But, I was unaware of that option when I did these pieces.
For the flat shading of the rendered 3d landscape, I just really liked the look of it, though it's more of just not using blender enough that I did not consider using smooth shading.

As for glitching clouds, that is a aesthetic I might try to do, these paintings of cloud were studies from references that I had. Which makes it interesting to interpret them that way.

Also, thanks for the critique, and I'll try to implement your ideas the next time I do something like this.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: August 05, 2016, 09:30:43 pm »

Here's the last two things I've drawn:

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: August 06, 2016, 04:28:08 am »

..I refuse to believe that these aren't part of some beautiful webcomic/game you're making, vastaghen ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: August 06, 2016, 05:10:49 am »

And if they aren't, they need to be.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: August 06, 2016, 09:41:00 am »

Since the Mafia game I'm in is finished, I can now post this tiny thingy I drew at work, here. :D
Drew that because of a quote from one fillipk. :P It made my day and cheered me up, made me reminisce all my days playing Mafia since that board, and by far this whole forum, is quite much a ton of 'firsts'. First time played Mafia (and I think I'm...moderately ok at it! :D), and this is my first forum! So woo. Epic community, awesome support. \o/

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: August 06, 2016, 12:51:00 pm »

..I refuse to believe that these aren't part of some beautiful webcomic/game you're making, vastaghen ;v
And if they aren't, they need to be.

Many thanks!

Well those two are only practice, but its my intention to make a comic and you could say those are concepts for it.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 845