Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279136 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8205 on: February 04, 2017, 11:06:40 pm »

grr

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8206 on: February 05, 2017, 01:29:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I apologise for the bad quality laptop camera.
I've been trying to think of how to give texture to the ground with the spires and coming up blank. Any suggestions? My ground always comes out flat.

It's probably much the camera's fault, but I'm struggling to see what's going on here. Give me a rundown?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: February 06, 2017, 04:39:14 am »

Sure. Up front, there's a path going over the hill (it also needs texture). Down below, there's a sort of plateau with spire-like buildings on it, and a path leading over a chasm. It doesn't come out too well, but there's meant to be a waterfall coming over the cliff edge to the right. Even in the original drawing it doesn't look too convincing, but as it turns out I also can't do water :P

Standing up against the water-fall cliff are two enormous statues. The path spanning the chasm goes between their hands.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8208 on: February 10, 2017, 09:04:03 am »

OK SO, since you asked and haven't yet received response, allow me to offer my two cents. First of all, the path should appear wider when close to the viewer, since the visual width halves with doubled distance. For the plateau surface itself, maybe just sprinkle it with a few rocks and/or bushes of varying size (and make sure to make them smaller on average when further away), since it's kind of too far away to see things like grass. Also, applying perspective to the edges of the plateau and cliff would make it much easier to see that they're at different levels, since they currently suffer from "isometric-itis". Isometric view has its uses, but it's also notoriously bad for conveying depth. I like the statues though, those are pretty cool. c:

grr
IS CUTE VOOFER

I LIKE

I'd personally draw at least the eyes bigger in order to emphasize the cuteness, but i suppose this is more of a style thing than anything else. Still, might be worth thinking about? :v

also here have a few sketchy things of yet another new character

Gosh i suck at full body views. :v
I'm personally quite pleased with how well he could pass for a cartoon villain, in the "protagonist is often at ends with this guy but he's not really that evil or malicious" sense. He's actually benign enough that he skirts merrily along the blurry line between villain and anti-hero, even though he and his fellows are competent enough to be a serious menace if they wanted to. They have actually helped defend their favourite Coin FarmsTM from destruction more than once, though the captain himself would always assert that this is totally only because a destroyed town produces no coins, and not because he finds wanton murder and destruction to be tasteless. At all. And he expects to be rewarded with more valuables for services done. :P

edit: here have some clearer lines and additional eraser smudges

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:10:52 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: February 10, 2017, 10:07:51 pm »

I apologise for the bad quality laptop camera.
I've been trying to think of how to give texture to the ground with the spires and coming up blank. Any suggestions? My ground always comes out flat.

In my opinion, the foreground hill looks out of place; everything else is at an isometric angle, and the hill isn't. I think that was the #1 thing that made the picture confusing to me at first. You could cut the hill, or - better option, but more work - re-imagine the scene from a different angle. As Shook suggested, isometric doesn't seem to serve you well here.
I think I'd like to see some horizon, across the statue side of the chasm. I think it'd make the image work better, and you conceivably convey slight elevation differences on the plateaus better (since you said they looked too flat).
Other thoughts:
--Maybe make the chasm edges more ragged, unless they're supposed to be straight lines. Is this a natural or man- (or giant-)made chasm?
--Add another line to the pathway between the statues, to give it some depth. At first glance I thought it was a stick one of them was holding. Also, how about a buttress on the underside of the pathway, connecting to the chasm wall? Not necessary, just a thought.
--Extend at least one of the towers so that it crosses the line between plateau and chasm; that will also help with depth.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: February 11, 2017, 12:20:03 am »

I'm going to come back and look at this tomorrow, and one line is going to be slightly displaced. I just know it.

Edit: Agggghg pretend my cursor isn't in the screencap.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8211 on: February 11, 2017, 09:41:11 am »

Impressive! I'd never have the patience.

WIP portrait for a Pathfinder campaign:

Because I detest the way barbarians are usually depicted in fantasy artworks. :P

I couldn't shake the feeling the shoulders are too broad, but after some tweaks I suspect the real problem is that the upper arms are too short. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Edit:

Coloured and in large part rendered:

I might desaturate some of those colours. It's a little Christmassy at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:13:29 pm by Arx »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: February 11, 2017, 02:08:41 pm »

Greetings! I bring Christmas cheer and gifts of death.

As to Shook and Loam, thanks very much for the help. Definitely going to act on that, particularly some of the things Loam said.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: February 12, 2017, 12:28:55 am »

Arx, I'd say that actually looks very proportionally correct!

Shoulders could actually be a tad wider, AND slope more.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8214 on: February 12, 2017, 09:38:51 am »

Well, that's good to hear. The unslopedness is somewhat intentional, his posture isn't exactly relaxed. :P

Edit:

Spoiler: Cloose enoough. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:40:22 am by Arx »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: February 14, 2017, 06:01:36 pm »

Toying around with some charachter/weapon ideas but I don't think I'l be able to properly convey it without animating it, I really should get to learning some more one of these days
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: February 15, 2017, 07:20:36 pm »

Quick dystopia.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: February 15, 2017, 09:45:13 pm »

Huh, Imperishable Night seems pretty cool, it's interesting to play as Remilia and Sakuya for-

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:50:09 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8218 on: February 15, 2017, 11:57:06 pm »

The artist left after producing all our assets so we can't fix this girl's portrait. Quick, add something to the lore wiki that justifies the mistake.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: February 16, 2017, 12:35:34 am »

It goes from looking extremely weird to "Yeah, that's how that perspective would look" and back to being weird again. Very strange.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 845