Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283026 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8595 on: June 16, 2017, 01:36:26 pm »

Spoiler: Prospect from Absolver (click to show/hide)

Also a drastic deviation from my usual style because I wanted to make it at least somewhat remniscent of the game's style.

That and the fact that I went from nothing to finished in a couple hours are my excuse for how terrible parts of it are. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: June 18, 2017, 02:55:50 am »

Some characters for a webcomic that may or may not ever exist. Any thoughts, advices, and/or criticisms would be awesome!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The girl is an experienced time explorer who doesn't really care about the Society's (the Time Changer's Society, that is) rules. The guy, a newbie, is uncomfortable with working in the field and just wants to go back to his lab. Through an unfortunate turn of events she ends up dead and he ends up thrown into the Neverspace between times, searching for a way to bring her back while fending off eldritch monstrosities and discovering strange forgotten places.

Hilarity ensues.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #8597 on: June 19, 2017, 01:14:57 am »

For when I need to personally tell someone to cease!
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: June 19, 2017, 02:20:50 am »

Some characters for a webcomic that may or may not ever exist. Any thoughts, advices, and/or criticisms would be awesome!
The girl is an experienced time explorer who doesn't really care about the Society's (the Time Changer's Society, that is) rules. The guy, a newbie, is uncomfortable with working in the field and just wants to go back to his lab. Through an unfortunate turn of events she ends up dead and he ends up thrown into the Neverspace between times, searching for a way to bring her back while fending off eldritch monstrosities and discovering strange forgotten places.

Hilarity ensues.

She looks a lot like Samus, is that what you were going for?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8599 on: June 19, 2017, 02:27:17 am »

If anyone has tips on how to make this look more like branches, I'd appreciate that. I know the thin twigs look too much like veins at the moment, and there are a couple of spots where the forks aren't proper branch forks, but otherwise I'm not quite sure what's up. A couple of them are probably too head-y at the ends, too.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: June 19, 2017, 02:42:33 am »

-snip-

Hilarity ensues.

She looks a lot like Samus, is that what you were going for?
Say, I guess she does! I wasn't going for that, no, but it IS supposed to be a jumpsuit that she would wear under a space suit, so it makes sense that it would be a similar style of clothing. The hair and suit colour schemes matching Samus's is a total coincidence, though.

-snip-

If anyone has tips on how to make this look more like branches, I'd appreciate that. I know the thin twigs look too much like veins at the moment, and there are a couple of spots where the forks aren't proper branch forks, but otherwise I'm not quite sure what's up. A couple of them are probably too head-y at the ends, too.
Hey, those are nice and branchy indeed! One thing that might help improve their branchness is tossing in a few knots, but they're already quite good!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8601 on: June 19, 2017, 01:43:26 pm »

For when I need to personally tell someone to cease!
Friendly advice - remove that, before you get banned for using the VERBOTEN word.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: June 19, 2017, 02:12:25 pm »

Or could just use other word. I don't mind the use here but like I've seen it annoy the Toady.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: June 19, 2017, 02:47:26 pm »

It likewise annoys me, so I shall request that you change said word to "fuckery". Fuckery is a good word.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8604 on: June 19, 2017, 02:50:06 pm »

I made a video about attack dogs in Red Alert 2.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: June 20, 2017, 02:22:47 am »

Learning to use Flash to animate, much better than Photoshop, less control than Aftereffects but far, far more efficient to create the final product.

Spoiler: Seaside (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: June 20, 2017, 02:47:54 am »

Probably best to look at how other people have done it and copy the techniques to start with. e.g. Gunngerkrig Court's Ysengrin is a good reference for what you're doing.

Take a look at how he does it in the comic (the artstyle might have evolved too) then look for the same character on DeviantArt to see variations on technique:
http://www.deviantart.com/tag/ysengrin

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: June 20, 2017, 03:01:20 am »

Also, for a natural wood look try not to make it look segmented. For instance, the twigs would look less "veiny" if they didn't have lines at their bases segmenting them off from their trunks

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: June 20, 2017, 05:57:08 pm »

I'm modelling a Cirno, and uh... she kinda looks like a dead fish. Also the shape of her face, especially the shape of the eyes, seems really masculine. Any idea what I can do to at least make it passable, or should I just scrap it and start the head over? Because I think it's kinda heading into scrap territory.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: June 20, 2017, 06:33:26 pm »

Honestly, it's less the eyes and more the mouth I think. Well, in terms of looking like a dead fish anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 845