Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279070 times)

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #9000 on: November 23, 2017, 07:14:35 am »

also edgy fuckin knight

Spoiler: drawn at night :^) (click to show/hide)

he so edgy he has a CLOAK and SCOWLING HELMET

Actually supposed to be mostly black for Lore Reasons(tm), but i'm not sure i can be arsed to do that due to aforementioned reasons. :v
Not bad at all.
A few things you might want to consider are (Minor details, that said) :
 - tightening the breastplate around the waist a little bit (and maybe adding a belt?)
 - compressing the fauld (hip piece) so it reacts better to his leg (those things are made to be flexible, might as well take advantage of it)
 - either flaring the cuffs of the gauntlets out even more (if you want hourglass-style gauntlets), or tightening them completely (if you want more of a Gothic style)
 - lengthening the blade (or shortening the handle). Right now, you have an arming sword-length blade on a longsword-length hilt
 - having the mail gorget fall over the breastplate instead of under (or a plate gorget)
 - adding projections on the outer sides of the poleyns (knee protection) and on both sides of the couters (elbow protection)

If you want some references, Knyght Errant has a pretty good late 14th-early 15th century suit of armour and has made an extensive set of videos about it (and some other styles, notably in the helmet department) over on youtube

Other than that, pretty good :)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: November 23, 2017, 05:20:14 pm »

Berries.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: November 23, 2017, 05:49:55 pm »

Nicely done!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: November 23, 2017, 06:42:30 pm »

Thanks! Though there's some not unnoticeable UV errors; it's not exactly a seamless tile.

Plus I couldn't find a way to add veins onto the leaves in a way I was satisfied with.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: November 24, 2017, 01:39:04 am »

Mudbox's 3D painting tools can do a good job of eliminating seams if you have access to it. It's what I used for that ghost knight I posted a while back. There are probably some free alternatives floating around but I haven't tried any.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: November 24, 2017, 03:43:34 am »

I've been somewhat out of the loop the last few years, but the last I knew, sculpting and painting in 3d are the only digital art activities where there's a severe lack of significant free software.  Blender probably has something rudimentary built in by now, but nothing near as powerful as mudbox, zbrush, or 3dcoat.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #9006 on: November 24, 2017, 01:58:46 pm »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9007 on: November 25, 2017, 04:08:23 pm »

That being said, my Google fu is bad enough that I need help finding free stuff for decent 2d stuff

Krita is still my tool of choice for painting and sketching.

I've also been playing around with OpenToonz for 2d animation, and it's completely opaque and insanely powerful. It seems to be basically the Blender of 2D animation. It also has the distinction of being the tool Studio Ghibli uses, so that's nice. :P

Spoiler: Steampunk Lady (click to show/hide)

Just knocking out some portrait practice, since I still suck at them. Also tried to make a lot of use of the airbrush tools here - I need to figure out if they're actually bad/ugly/not suited to me or if I just can't use them effectively.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: November 25, 2017, 05:47:09 pm »

I really like this one, actually. Maybe just because it's a cute redhead, but still. :P
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: November 25, 2017, 09:33:47 pm »

Thanks. Time to still fail since I don't have an IPad and suck with both trackpads and mouse(s?).

Drawing tablet options are pretty good these days.  You can get a bamboo or something for pretty cheap.  There are other brands that are even cheaper, whose names I can't remember right now.  But supposedly do just fine.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:02 pm »

ya you can get the basic tablets on the cheap now... I just laid out for a nice Ugee to jumpstart my reentry to visual arts. RIP my wallet (but damn is it so much nicer.)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9011 on: November 26, 2017, 12:43:31 pm »

I really like this one, actually. Maybe just because it's a cute redhead, but still. :P

As frequently as I may make snarky comments about sex appeal, that is a completely legitimate reason to like something. I will confess that my random selection of references from a large database is not, in fact, completely random, since I keep going until I find someone that looks fun to paint. :P

Like, there's really nothing to say here. Except perhaps that I hate soft light because it makes it really hard to distinguish features (which is of course beneficial when trying to appear beautiful, but is a pain when I'm trying to figure out 3D contours).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #9012 on: November 26, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »

Eyyyyyyyy not bad! The one thing i notice the most is that the nose bridge seems kinda broad, though that could also just be the reference, iunno. Also, eyes seem too wide set (there's more than one eye width in between them), a bit too much for it to just be the reference, though i am well aware that eye spacing varies on actual human faces.

DAT Knight. Just oozes attitude, I like! Got any more like it?
THANK

Alas, i don't often draw full plate armor; i think the only other one that counts would be this, although this dinoguardbro is also pretty armoured, and then there's this doodle from two years ago that i never posted because i wasn't happy with it. Besides those, not really. :v

Not bad at all.
A few things you might want to consider are (Minor details, that said) :
 - tightening the breastplate around the waist a little bit (and maybe adding a belt?)
 - compressing the fauld (hip piece) so it reacts better to his leg (those things are made to be flexible, might as well take advantage of it)
 - either flaring the cuffs of the gauntlets out even more (if you want hourglass-style gauntlets), or tightening them completely (if you want more of a Gothic style)
 - lengthening the blade (or shortening the handle). Right now, you have an arming sword-length blade on a longsword-length hilt
 - having the mail gorget fall over the breastplate instead of under (or a plate gorget)
 - adding projections on the outer sides of the poleyns (knee protection) and on both sides of the couters (elbow protection)

If you want some references, Knyght Errant has a pretty good late 14th-early 15th century suit of armour and has made an extensive set of videos about it (and some other styles, notably in the helmet department) over on youtube

Other than that, pretty good :)
AAA FEEDBACK, VERY THANK

I almost figured that someone who actually knew about armour would come along eventually, because as you've probably already guessed, i know jack shit about the finer details of it. Very helpful notes, i'll definitely keep those in mind next time i draw a(n edgy) knight. c:

in the meantime, however, i maked a thing

i framed rudolph for the crime of drinking on the job (and used it as a gift in a gift exchange, recipient seemed to like it)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #9013 on: November 27, 2017, 06:25:42 am »

I decided to start working on a new base sprite for my top-down games earlier this morning. Unlike the v2~v2.5 sprites, which were 32x48 and had 3 frames for their basic walk cycle, this v3 base is 48x64 and uses a 7-frame walk cycle.

Spoiler: Plumpy (click to show/hide)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: November 27, 2017, 12:51:15 pm »

Just practice.

Edit: I don't want to double-post. Here's some ninjas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_XSDpAk4sg

Keeping both hands on the sword was a pain in the ass.

Spoiler: newer version (click to show/hide)

The teacher was pretty harsh to the class today.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:44:17 pm by BlackFlyme »
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 845