Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44

Author Topic: Putnam's DFHack scripts  (Read 115871 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Putnam's DFHack scripts
« Reply #600 on: October 05, 2014, 11:53:11 pm »

No he means the LNP version 40.13r4 most likely.

The invasion mechanics are different than they were before in 34.11- so it'll be awhile before a script can force invasions if they will be able to.

Ladhar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 06, 2014, 05:56:39 am »

No he means the LNP version 40.13r4 most likely.

The invasion mechanics are different than they were before in 34.11- so it'll be awhile before a script can force invasions if they will be able to.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll consider downgrading then. I was really hoping for more sieges. So far I'm 5 years in and not one of the 3 towers in my neighborhood has send undead. And the 2 Goblin civs only send standard 8-squad goblinite donations.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 16, 2014, 11:30:07 am »

Is itemsyndrome / autosyndrome going to be updated for 0.40? I can only see versions compatibile with 0.34. I also can't see things that could replace it in magmawiki articles on 0.40.

Let's say I want a sock that gives NOPAIN to whoever wears it. Is this doable in 0.40? If so, how?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 16, 2014, 11:36:41 am »

Is itemsyndrome / autosyndrome going to be updated for 0.40? I can only see versions compatibile with 0.34. I also can't see things that could replace it in magmawiki articles on 0.40.

Let's say I want a sock that gives NOPAIN to whoever wears it. Is this doable in 0.40? If so, how?
The hack/scripts/mod-tools folder has item-trigger in it, which should be able to meet your needs.  You could call add-syndrome on the equip event.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 16, 2014, 11:57:55 am »

> The hack/scripts/mod-tools folder has item-trigger in it, which should be able to meet your needs. You could call add-syndrome on the equip event.
So this has been merged into dfhack now, correct?
EDIT: Huh, looks like it. Thanks. I still don't know how to actually use it, but that's a question for dfhack thread (or just search what masterwork does).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:04:33 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Featheredragon

• Bay Watcher
  • If someone says they are sane, then they're crazy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 18, 2014, 06:02:04 pm »

Forcing sieges gives me caravans of the faction and force siege EVIL does nothing.

nothing does anything except force siege(caravan)

I have a similar Problem while using 40.13 r4

Entering 'force siege PLAINS', 'force siege MOUNTAIN' and 'force siege FOREST' summons a caravan from the respective civilizations Humans, Dwarves and Elves. The same works with 'force diplomat'.
Adding 'EVIL' or 'SKULKING' to and force command doesn't do anything. I can summon migrants with 'force migrants' but any other 'force' prompt pretty much results in nothing happening.

Maybe an incompatibility issue with 40.13 r4 but it's a real shame since this script in particular sounds like a lot of !fun!.
Same problem; even custom races only give caravans. Legit Bug. So disappointing, my computer can only handle DF for a short while so I want instant !!FUN!!. Damn computer can't even handle morrowind. :-X

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 18, 2014, 06:18:27 pm »

Yeah well it's not gonna happen in 40.xx because of the way it works. If someone made a script or something that spawned x many creatures for an invasion that would be much more possible...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 21, 2014, 10:23:04 am »

Yeah well it's not gonna happen in 40.xx because of the way it works. If someone made a script or something that spawned x many creatures for an invasion that would be much more possible...

Reading the devlog it might be possible to ask for an enemy civ to send you something. The spawned used to send a squad when it did not find thieves to use.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 21, 2014, 10:51:22 am »

Reading the devlog it might be possible to ask for an enemy civ to send you something. The spawned used to send a squad when it did not find thieves to use.
This would be a great script to have, though there might be some delay while the siege works its way to your fort.

"Sire, a message from the Dwarves.  It says that our pointy ears look funny."
"Those mortal races can be juvenile at times; I wouldn't worry about it.  What is that block you're holding?"
"It's a wooden block that the message was engraved into."
"WAR!"
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:07 am »

Why does the first page of this thread make Google freak out and say there's malware?

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 28, 2014, 05:02:57 am »

Why does the first page of this thread make Google freak out and say there's malware?

lol, just tried and i get a kind of red warning page about security.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 28, 2014, 02:14:10 pm »

I'm using Chrome (if that's what you mean) and I don't notice anything. Does this link trigger anything?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 28, 2014, 05:48:35 pm »

Ok, we might need to run your gaydar.lua on me because I think I just fell head over heels for you after learning your script to determine dorf orientation is in fact named gaydar.lua.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 28, 2014, 06:06:37 pm »

I cannot think of a better name for it. I mean that, I wanted to name something else but that's the only one that was descriptive, short and easy to type/remember.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 28, 2014, 08:51:48 pm »

Oh I appreciate that, and adore you for it, it is an amazingly apt script name.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44