Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 998954 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #8130 on: August 20, 2014, 04:36:33 pm »

Hey guys I was trying to create a new copper grade chitin for a new animal i was making and i ran into a problem.
I can't seem to be able to make the tissue template I made select the custom material as it's material

Here is the tissue template raw

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and here are the raws for the material template file

Any ideas
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: August 20, 2014, 04:57:39 pm »

Do you have a creature with the ID of ANIMAL, and does said creature have the material within its raws?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: August 20, 2014, 05:21:42 pm »

Ok i changed 

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:CHITIN_HIVEMIND_WASP_WORKER] to

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:HIVEMIND_WASP:CHITIN_HIVEMIND_WASP_WORKER]

So how do i add my custom chitin to it's raws?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: August 20, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »

Give it this tag:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHITIN_HIVEMIND_WASP_WORKER:CHITIN_HIVEMIND_WASP_WORKER_TEMPLATE]

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: August 20, 2014, 06:29:49 pm »

Nvm, turned out the problem is that i made a typo in

I wrote a lower case I instead of capital one. Just tested it and now it works fine, sorry for the trouble.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:46:24 pm by heydude6 »

SPaxerNeo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: October 27, 2014, 09:56:06 pm »

Is there a more current post of modding? I need help with using Dwarf Therapist. I'm using the most current Phoebus mod and it says it doesn't understand how to run on it. Any help would be awesome.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: October 27, 2014, 10:00:04 pm »

There's always the modding 0.40.xx thread...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: October 27, 2014, 10:21:39 pm »

This thread is the current modding thread, but the problem you're having with Dwarf Therapist should go in the Dwarf Therapist thread (in the "Utilities" subforum). Are you sure the version of DT you're using is compatible with the version of DF? A version of DT built for 0.40.13 won't work with 0.40.14 unless you update the memory layouts (although I believe there is an updated version of DT available).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: April 02, 2015, 08:11:01 am »

I know this is a necro, but I posted this in another topic and it didn't get replies. I need this info soon and I don't want to wait any longer.

I'm trying to modify cats' bump interaction to raise dead dwarves. Not being able to do it isn't the problem, the problem is that it either doesn't work/the cats won't use it. It works fine in arena mode, just not in fortress mode. What do I need to do to fix it?

Spoiler: modified interaction (click to show/hide)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: April 02, 2015, 08:33:15 am »

I know this is a necro, but I posted this in another topic and it didn't get replies. I need this info soon and I don't want to wait any longer.

I'm trying to modify cats' bump interaction to raise dead dwarves. Not being able to do it isn't the problem, the problem is that it either doesn't work/the cats won't use it. It works fine in arena mode, just not in fortress mode. What do I need to do to fix it?

This is pulled from CAT
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BP_BUMP]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Head bump]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
[CDI:VERB:head-bump:head-bumps:bump heads]
[CDI:CAN_BE_MUTUAL]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:TARGET:B:TOUCHABLE]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:B:1]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:B:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:20]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING]
Will this even target items?
      [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
TARGET:A is your only IE_TARGET and it is supposed to be a corpse... an inanimate one
      [CDI:TARGET:B:TOUCHABLE]
Does this work with items? Doesn't it? Who cares? Only 2 targets anyway.

So at the very least you need TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY to not be SELF_ONLY. Anymore than that depends on what you want and I might not have those answers.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: April 02, 2015, 08:44:17 am »

I suppose I should have posted the cats' end of the interaction too.

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BP_BUMP]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Give new life]
      [CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:0]

And like I said, it works fine in arena mode, just not fortress mode.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: April 02, 2015, 08:53:51 am »

Have you tried a [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:X]?
I don't know if not having it implies a range of 0 or max. I do know however that if you tested this as the cat you would have had max range no matter what (quirk of DF) but if they did so themselves then no clue.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: April 02, 2015, 11:26:08 am »

I think your issue is with your [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]. It'll only use the interaction as an attack, and cats (or anything else, as far as I know) won't attack items/corpses (That'd be pretty silly). Comment that out and see what happens (The example necromancy things don't have a usage hint, I'll check the wiki...)

Yeah, ATTACK will only use the interaction in combat against the enemies. You want to get rid of that, and it'll use the interaction whenever it can.

Also there is a redundancy-
Code: [Select]
      [IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
      [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ALL]
Only one of these two things is needed. The former allows anything with the GENERAL_POISON class to be affected (Which is almost anything), and the latter allows Dwarves to be affected (They already are with the GENERAL_POISON class). The latter tag doesn't exclude anything, either. The cats'll raise gobbos(Or GCS, or almost anything else, honestly) if they see them (Because there's no USAGE_HINT for resurrecting friends.) and they'll be hostile if they were previously. I'd take out the first tag if I were you, so it only helps your guys rather than making stray cats into the overlords of your destruction as they immediately and endlessly resurrect your enemies and your allies, causing a relatively quick FPS death from blood and limb spatter (They're completely healed too).
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: April 02, 2015, 04:07:18 pm »

There is no [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK] in the cat's interaction, only the part that lets the affected creature spread it. And I'll remove the part about general poison.
But it still doesn't work in fortress mode, only arena mode. I think the problem might be that I can't change the target of the interaction or it fucks up.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just not using the right corpses. I'll try it on a freshly killed dwarf and then if that doesn't work I'll remove the fit for resurrection part.

EDIT2:

Ah, so a fresh corpse worked! I think what I'm going to do is destroy all the arms/legs in the fort and replace fit for resurrection with fit for reanimation, revive all the corpses, put fit for resurrection back, and keep going as normal from there.

EDIT3: Okay, that just crashes to desktop after a few seconds. Once it revived a couple dwarves but then it crashed. Maybe when it tries to revive a limb, which I can't destroy? Hm. What if I remove that line entirely?

EDIT4: Nope, I guess it needs fit for resurrection. Huh. How can I get it to do the old corpses then?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:50:04 pm by TheFlame52 »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: April 02, 2015, 07:55:44 pm »

Extra space/Emphasis mine.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544