Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 366

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 649739 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3780 on: June 26, 2019, 03:10:27 pm »

Can a [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION] syndrome change a creature into a demon?

It should be able to? DEMON_1 I think is the first generated demon, I'd have to look at the uncompressed save to recall, but you can as well. I think it's the World.Dat file

just open it in a text editor and search for [CREATURE:DEMON

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3781 on: June 27, 2019, 08:10:11 am »

Can a [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION] syndrome change a creature into a demon?
It should be able to? DEMON_1 I think is the first generated demon, I'd have to look at the uncompressed save to recall, but you can as well. I think it's the World.Dat file
just open it in a text editor and search for [CREATURE:DEMON
File: extracted generated raws, from 2011 http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=5214
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: June 27, 2019, 07:12:06 pm »

Awesome thanks.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: July 02, 2019, 08:07:28 pm »

I've been trying to use the [SUPERNATURAL] tag to grant secrets. As far as I can tell I've been failing. Can anyone with relevant modding experience tell me:
1. if it simply does not function, or does not function for adventurers and/or arena creatures.
2. if it relies on some other tag like [POWER] or [MEGABEAST]/[SEMIMEGABEAST] before granting secret knowledge.
3. if it only functions for generated secrets, not modded ones.
4. if there is some other, better way of making a creature learn an actual, teachable secret on character creation.
On an unrelated note, I'd also like to know if the same plant can be a grass and a tree at the same time.

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: July 02, 2019, 08:43:36 pm »

Having a weird issue trying to add a plant-based bodypart to a creature (think a bulbasaur).
Errorlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tissue template code:
Creature code:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:45:55 pm by Shophaune »
HB, I have an idea. It involves harassment.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: July 02, 2019, 08:47:48 pm »

That's gonna be an issue with tissue layers not being defined, IIRC.

Gotta tell it in what order to arrange things like skin, muscle, bone, etc, and what thickness thereof. example such as [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS] can be found in b_detail_plan_default.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: July 03, 2019, 12:59:51 am »

I've been trying to use the [SUPERNATURAL] tag to grant secrets. As far as I can tell I've been failing. Can anyone with relevant modding experience tell me:
1. if it simply does not function, or does not function for adventurers and/or arena creatures.
2. if it relies on some other tag like [POWER] or [MEGABEAST]/[SEMIMEGABEAST] before granting secret knowledge.
3. if it only functions for generated secrets, not modded ones.
4. if there is some other, better way of making a creature learn an actual, teachable secret on character creation.
On an unrelated note, I'd also like to know if the same plant can be a grass and a tree at the same time.

I'm pretty convinced it doesn't work or do what it says at all. And I don't think there is a way to get a creature to know a secret except by reading a slab/book that contains it, excepting maybe that it is spreadable via interaction, but I'm not sure an interaction can trigger a secret either....
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hatman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: July 03, 2019, 02:11:06 am »

Thank you. Is this considered a bug?

EDIT: after looking at how creatures spit, I've found a hackish way to start a creature with a secret. whether they will teach it remains to be seen and probably requires commitingf to longer history generation, but [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:SECRET_FOO] at the caste level, where SECRET_FOO is the name of your custom secret, seems to work okay. Hopefully this information is useful to others.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:12:52 am by Hatman »

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: July 03, 2019, 07:14:28 am »

Gotta tell it in what order to arrange things like skin, muscle, bone, etc, and what thickness thereof. example such as [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS] can be found in b_detail_plan_default.
I've tried making a b_detail_plan for that body part and adding it to the creature, but I still get the same error.
BDP:
Snippet of creature code that I changed:

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: July 03, 2019, 01:33:13 pm »

I've tried making a b_detail_plan for that body part and adding it to the creature, but I still get the same error.

Well it's not just the bulb in the error log. It's the whole asaur. So something isn't properly associated there.

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it if you want to post all the associated raws as they are now. Got some time today and I haven't done any DF modding in a while now. It'll be fun.

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: July 03, 2019, 01:59:33 pm »

Well it's not just the bulb in the error log. It's the whole asaur. So something isn't properly associated there.

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it if you want to post all the associated raws as they are now. Got some time today and I haven't done any DF modding in a while now. It'll be fun.
Okay then.
Creature:
BDP:
Body:
Interaction:
Tissue Template:

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: July 03, 2019, 02:25:42 pm »

<snip>

1. The tissue template is spelled wrong ([TISSURE_TEMPLATE])
2. BODY tokens repeated in castes add all body parts to the non-caste BODY token
3. You have an extra ] in the body_pokemon file (not sure if this actually does anything)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:40:34 pm by Roses »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: July 03, 2019, 02:44:50 pm »

Ahh, I see now. Also, I got ninja'd while writing my response.

You've made bulbasaur a caste within the human creature. So you're gonna have humans giving birth to bulbasaur babies, which whatever man it's the internet you do you, but you also defined a new body/tissues under the bulbasaur caste itself. Therefore for that caste it was only considering the bulb, and the bulb alone, when defining tissues/body parts and the like. So you got errors for the entire rest of the creature.

You'll need to either include no specific body difference between the base creature and the caste, or completely redefine it in the caste, including body/tissues/materials/details and the like. The misepelling of Tissure (In the tissue_template_pokemon) is causing it not to recognize the tissues for the bulb as well.

Anyway if you want a unique bulbasaur creature that does not crawl unnaturally from the twisted loins of an extremely confused human female, you'll need a separate creature entirely.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:47:13 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Shophaune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: July 03, 2019, 02:50:28 pm »

Ahh, I see now. Also, I got ninja'd while writing my response.

You've made bulbasaur a caste within the human creature. So you're gonna have humans giving birth to bulbasaur babies, which whatever man it's the internet you do you, but you also defined a new body/tissues under the bulbasaur caste itself. Therefore for that caste it was only considering the bulb, and the bulb alone, when defining tissues/body parts and the like. So you got errors for the entire rest of the creature.

You'll need to either include no specific body difference between the base creature and the caste, or completely redefine it in the caste, including body/tissues/materials/details and the like. The misepelling of Tissure (In the tissue_template_pokemon) is causing it not to recognize the tissues for the bulb as well.

Anyway if you want a unique bulbasaur creature that does not crawl unnaturally from the twisted loins of an extremely confused human female, you'll need a separate creature entirely.
Thank you and Roses so much! I hadn't realised that about BODY tags either. Also I've gotten the children situation sorted, all castes that don't have it explicitly defined should pull the [POP_RATIO:0] from outside the caste declarations.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: July 03, 2019, 02:54:14 pm »

No worries. Tissues and body details took me... probably longer than most to get right. It's a complex system, but once you get it down pat it flows really well.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 366